• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
New 2013 WoL ladder maps (these are on HotS already apparently)
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/8165407/New_Maps_for_2013_Ladder_Season_1-12_19_2012

(2) Akilon Flats
Akilon Flats features a fairly standard main and natural expansion. One of this map’s more interesting features is that you can choose from two different locations for your third expansion. Unlike Akilon Wastes in Heart of the Swarm, however, there will be no collapsible rock towers at the choke points leading to possible third base locations. This means the map will play slightly less defensive in Wings of Liberty than it does in Swarm beta.
T4CY9ZCUJHLQ1355908521357.jpg

(2) Newkirk District
Newkirk District is a symmetrical map that has a fairly straight forward flow for taking expansions and is relatively easy to split in half for the late game. We’re seeing this map has even win ratios across all levels of play in the Heart of the Swarm beta so far, and we’re interested to see how these ratios will look in Wings of Liberty.
Z0OXY6E4LSDG1355908521440.jpg

To make room for these maps, we plan to remove Shakuras Plateau and Tal’darim Altar LE from the 1v1 ladder pool.
ocelot.gif

Son1x

The game needs far more new maps (and no matter how good or bad these new ones are they can't be worse than what they're replacing). SC2 can't just have new characters all the time so maps are a good way to keep things fresh.

Vaporak

Parting, save us from a ZvZ finals! Broodlords might be strong and infestors might be imbalanced, but Parting's soul is overpowered.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Sorry for intruding into this thread, but just a quick question :

Is it still impossible for people with a NA copy and a EU copy to play together? I remember hearing they were planning to add this with the HOTS expansion, but did they implanted it already, or is it still planned for HOTS?

Jezbollah

Sorry for intruding into this thread, but just a quick question :

Is it still impossible for people with a NA copy and a EU copy to play together? I remember hearing they were planning to add this with the HOTS expansion, but did they implanted it already, or is it still planned for HOTS?

From what I understand, "Global play" is still scheduled to be implemented for Wings of Liberty in the near future. It's something I am very much looking forward to.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
From what I understand, "Global play" is still scheduled to be implemented for Wings of Liberty in the near future. It's something I am very much looking forward to.

Man, why is it taking so long to do this? I can't believe it's such a hard and complicated task to do.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Laaame

I like Tal’darim Altar. :(

I remember when that map was released and people were actually rejoicing because we finally had a large ass map where macro games could happen. I'm pretty sure this is a little while after Steppes of War got removed. I'm personally happy to see Tal'darim go.

Top Bottom