• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Striek

Watched todays HSC vods. Meh.

Fucking terrible games, even the non-ZvzVZVzVZVZVzvZVzvZVZVzvZVZVZvZVZVZvzzvzvzvZVZVZVZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

But of course the balance is what made it the only bad HSC so far. Its inevitable that if you design the race around being ahead unless they make mistakes, eventually players will stop making those mistakes. Zerg holds the advantage in every stage of every matchup if they don't fuck up. Even the pro zergs players were saying "you have to catch the zerg off-guard or they'll easily win". Thats not good game design. St00pid.

Oh well, shame Blizzard half-assed balance for the last half of SC2s life, with HoTS on the horizon all bets are off.

No doubt they will come up with another change that doesn't actually address the main problem (that fungal should be a slow and not completely stop units). I also think it would be better to buff units instead of nerfing even more stuff into the ground.

Maybe making tanks not useless would be a start.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
No doubt they will come up with another change that doesn't actually address the main problem (that nothing else can compete with the mobility of muta in zvz, force an engagement in midgame zvp or trade with bio/tank zvt). I also think it would be better to buff units instead of nerfing even more stuff into the ground.

Maybe making tanks not useless would be a start.
fixed.

fungal will never be a slow in WoL; never fear though, hots is only a few months away.

Mr Swine

Banned
Can someone please explain to me why each time I'm against Protoss, I can almost never do a rush against them. They always manage to get out more units than me in the same period of time :/

Can someone please explain to me why each time I'm against Protoss, I can almost never do a rush against them. They always manage to get out more units than me in the same period of time :/

Not sure, although it's hard to give any advice whatsoever when your post contains no information. What race are you, what builds are you doing (and what are they doing) maybe even post a replay. Otherwise it's pretty much guesswork.

Mr Swine

Banned
Not sure, although it's hard to give any advice whatsoever when your post contains no information. What race are you, what builds are you doing (and what are they doing) maybe even post a replay. Otherwise it's pretty much guesswork.

Ah sorry :/ I play as Terran (Hots) and looking at the replays Protoss always has more probes at the mineral lines in the first minutes and that they can make 3 Warpgates and start massing zealots and stalkers very quickly. I have not as much SCV in the beginning because I know I will lose if I try to go head on against Protoss mid/late game when they have both Colossus and High Templar :/

Pretty much this.

At lower levels of play Protoss tend to do 3 gate openers. Which pretty much beats any 1 base allin.

Ah sorry :/ I play as Terran (Hots) and looking at the replays Protoss always has more probes at the mineral lines in the first minutes and that they can make 3 Warpgates and start massing zealots and stalkers very quickly. I have not as much SCV in the beginning because I know I will lose if I try to go head on against Protoss mid/late game when they have both Colossus and High Templar :/

They have more probes because of chrono boost.

Mules make up for that.

If you want to kill a protoss using a 1 base build, either do the 1/1/1 build or do 3 rax stim scv allin timing. (These two builds can beat 3 gate openers).

fanboi

Banned
Watched todays HSC vods. Meh.

Fucking terrible games, even the non-ZvzVZVzVZVZVzvZVzvZVZVzvZVZVZvZVZVZvzzvzvzvZVZVZVZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

But of course the balance is what made it the only bad HSC so far. Its inevitable that if you design the race around being ahead unless they make mistakes, eventually players will stop making those mistakes. Zerg holds the advantage in every stage of every matchup if they don't fuck up. Even the pro zergs players were saying "you have to catch the zerg off-guard or they'll easily win". Thats not good game design. St00pid.

Oh well, shame Blizzard half-assed balance for the last half of SC2s life, with HoTS on the horizon all bets are off.

Now you are just hyperboling.

Yes, Z is OP right now. But it hasn't been that for a year (more like 3-4 months)

C'mon son.

Also, "Even the pro zergs players were saying "you have to catch the zerg off-guard or they'll easily win". Thats not good game design" Agreed, it isn't good game design, luckily it wasn't the design, more meta game shift in the game.

Mr Swine

Banned

Mules make up for that.

If you want to kill a protoss using a 1 base build, either do the 1/1/1 build or do 3 rax stim scv allin timing. (These two builds can beat 3 gate openers).

Ok, we'll I can try that and see if that works, thanks! :3

Mules make up for that.

I probably should learn some decent allins like this for when i get T as random. At the moment i mostly tend to do 5-6 rax marine/scv allin off one base but that seems to actually work pretty well lol.

Holden

Sea didn't only leave cause of "sc2" but because he wanted to stream on afreeca (korean stream) instead on twitch, and he couldn't stream on both cause of partnership :/

also mentioned that he won 500$ from TL and 2500$ from streaming on twitch.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
From Sea's first day of brodcasting in Afreeca, he mentioned how he left the team.
He wanted to stream in Afreeca because viewers were different in Afreeca than viewers in twitch, where he wanted to have fun with viewers rather than just play hard and win games. I guess language barrier was the biggest wall. So he asked Nazgul if he can stream in both server, Afreeca and twitch, but he wasn't able to since Twitch is partnered with TL.
He earned about $3000, $500 from TL, and $2500 from streaming sessions. He also did really well in tournament, where he earned $200 from IPL.

But why did he left when he can earn more money in SC2 than in BW?
He mentioned how BW was more fun to play than SC2. Like in gameplay, where SC2 is made for everyone that it is easier for everyone to play than BW.

Anyway, this is getting long. So basically, he wanted to have fun playing games with viewers. I hope this answers some questions about how Sea left.I am Korean by the way, which means my first language is Korean, so don't assume I made some stuff up because that's how I heard from stream.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=377400&currentpage=12#224

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy shit. I can die in peace now. med MarineKingPrime [MKP]

i7ytsncEWaWVW.jpg

Disgusting.

infested terrans were nice when they were used in drops. -_-

It's easily the most effective drop harass available to zerg and no one uses it, even with people constantly building 20-30 infestors in this current megagame. Really disappointing. We've seen some drop play with HTs from Protoss and obviously Terran effectively use drops, but zerg is just a big ass, often slow army waiting for the enemy to attack. I enjoy watching SC2 but I feel like so much of it boils down to "who can do the standard strategy best." ZvZ? Infestor, Roach, Hydra in one ball. No one throws in some harass Mutas or a 4-5 Infestor hit squad drop play.

I wouldn't mind Blizzard changing unit groups in HOTS so you can only have 16 units in each group. Maybe something like that could force players to experiment with smaller attacks on multiple fronts.

fanboi

Banned
Merry christmas Starcraft GAF.

Merry fucking christmas.

And Holden, tell your mom I'm not coming (to visit... I'm coming in other ways later).

Holden

And Holden, tell your mom I'm not coming (to visit... I'm coming in other ways later).

too bad, your mother all ready came here,
and your mother told me that you should clean your hands after your done with that napkin.

fanboi stahp

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Merry Christmas... fellow community... and my love...

It's easily the most effective drop harass available to zerg and no one uses it, even with people constantly building 20-30 infestors in this current megagame. Really disappointing. We've seen some drop play with HTs from Protoss and obviously Terran effectively use drops, but zerg is just a big ass, often slow army waiting for the enemy to attack. I enjoy watching SC2 but I feel like so much of it boils down to "who can do the standard strategy best." ZvZ? Infestor, Roach, Hydra in one ball. No one throws in some harass Mutas or a 4-5 Infestor hit squad drop play.

I wouldn't mind Blizzard changing unit groups in HOTS so you can only have 16 units in each group. Maybe something like that could force players to experiment with smaller attacks on multiple fronts.

That isn't how ZvZ plays out at all :/. In fact i find it strange that you single out that matchup when it is one of the few where we actually see some harassment and small engagements. You do see players throw in muta harass, you see players using burrowed infestors/IT's for harrasment (why bother with ovies when that is working right now?) and you see zergs using small squads of roaches or lings to snipe hatches.

Maybe i've been watching a different game but ZvZ is one of the only matchups that plays out how the game should.

Yoshichan

Who else would I mean :3?

Yoshichan

Merry holidays, my favorite gafers

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Hey folks,

I was contemplating buying StarCraft 2, but I think it'll run like ass on my laptop. Can anyone confirm that for me? Or maybe I'm wrong. Who knows. I'm not really good at this whole computer gaming/specs thing. All I mostly had were consoles growing up, so that stuff didn't matter. I had StarCraft and WarCraft III though back in high school/college, and I liked them.

MBP Mid-2009
Mac OS X 10.8.2
Process: 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

You're all smarter than me, I'm sure. Any advice? :\ Should I get the game? The game and the expansion? I'm just looking to fill some time while I'm stuck at my parents house for the holidays. If it would run like crap, I'll just find something else to do. What I really want to do is play the original StarCraft and War3, but it would install on Mountain Lion. Blah. I never should have upgraded. Personal problems.

Otherwise I may look into Diablo III, although since that's a newer game, I bet that would run even worse..

Top Bottom