• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
what a fine day that was

zlatko

Banned
Happy late new year to the best part of GAF! :D

Any new years resolutions that are SC2 related for any of you? I think for me I'm just going to play HOTS to legit get into diamond league as Protoss for my goal this year.

I think until HOTS hits I'm going to be playing DOTA 2 starting tomorrow. :(

Son1x

Happy late new year to the best part of GAF! :D

Any new years resolutions that are SC2 related for any of you? I think for me I'm just going to play HOTS to legit get into diamond league as Protoss for my goal this year.

I think until HOTS hits I'm going to be playing DOTA 2 starting tomorrow. :(

Yup, I'm rolling random when HotS hits. And not the cheesy kind.

zlatko

Banned
Yup, I'm rolling random when HotS hits. And not the cheesy kind.

Random? You have more hair on your chest than I do sir.

I play zerg now in WoL, but really don't like playing the race. I want to play Terran, but their macro is beyond my dumb brain, so I'll just go with Toss for my casual ass.

Going to be a long 3 months. :(

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
It finally happened

MajOrtoteam8.jpg

Son1x

Random? You have more hair on your chest than I do sir.

I play zerg now in WoL, but really don't like playing the race. I want to play Terran, but their macro is beyond my dumb brain, so I'll just go with Toss for my casual ass.

Going to be a long 3 months. :(

I just really want to play all races. I main Protoss in WoL, but I don't play 1v1 much and I started played random on team games quite some time ago. Also playing random in HotS beta.

btw, do you mind if I ask where you're from?

zlatko

Banned
I just really want to play all races. I main Protoss in WoL, but I don't play 1v1 much and I started played random on team games quite some time ago. Also playing random in HotS beta.

btw, do you mind if I ask where you're from?

Don't mind at all. I'm originally from Bosnia, and immigrated to the USA when I was 5. I'm currently living in Denver,Colorado. :)

Deadman

not like they have much competition

Mouz and Acer both should have won it ahead of them. Pretty dumb that mouz wasnt even nominated. It can even be argued that fxo is as much a foreign team as tl is, in which case they beat them too.

looking forward to cursed eg.parting.rc

Mairu

Mouz and Acer both should have won it ahead of them. Pretty dumb that mouz wasnt even nominated. It can even be argued that fxo is as much a foreign team as tl is, in which case they beat them too.

looking forward to cursed eg.parting.rc

Mouz? Can you even consider Mouz much of a sc2 team anymore? It's just HasuObs & MaNa, and only Mana really did anything in 2012.

Deadman

Mouz? Can you even consider Mouz much of a sc2 team anymore? It's just HasuObs & MaNa, and only Mana really did anything in 2012.

Thorzain won a dreamhack while he was on mouz, mana won a dreamhack and eswc. Certainly beats anything any foreigners on TL did.

Mairu

Thorzain won a dreamhack while he was on mouz, mana won a dreamhack and eswc. Certainly beats anything any foreigners on TL did.

Well it is international team of the year and not foreigner team of the year. Not to mention the team as a whole didn't really do anything in 2012 - One fourth place finish in EGMC vs a 1st place finish in NASTL, EGMC, & 2nd in IPL TAC3

Mairu

So FXO wins right because they are a malaysian/australian team, if we allow TL to be a dutch team?

I don't really know why you're so set on this but FXO's Korean team is entirely Korean. International means more than one nation. No one is arguing or "allowing" TL to be Dutch, teamliquid.net is stating that TeamLiquid is an international team as their players are comprised from multiple nations.

You're welcome to make your own awards and grant FXO the best "Malaysian/Australian" team if you want to make up your own rules

Deadman

No one is arguing or "allowing" TL to be Dutch, teamliquid.net is stating that TeamLiquid is an international team as their players are comprised from multiple nations.

They listed themselves with a dutch flag in their own award list...

Won

I have no idea what exactly Deadman is arguing about, but it's quite clear that he didn't read the associated text to the award.

zlatko

Banned
So Dota 2 plays a lot like SC2 when your whole team quits or d/cs and you're forced to play 5 heroes at once to win....

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
TSL disbanding...

https://twitter.com/Ethan_Ahn/status/286749260660232192

"Coach Lee Won Jae says this is due to players Polt and Revival leaving the team, and the difficulty in finding sponsors. (via @sprigeri)"

"Rod Breslau ‏@Slasher
During IPL5 I met with another top Korean team that is having the same sponsor difficulties. It's still not easy to run a large-scale team."

Also Former Fxoboss gave insight on whats happening which seems grim for the ESF organization.
http://fxoboss.tumblr.com/

What a rough start of the year...hopefully HOTS will revive the scene in Korea. FXOBoss was right, ESF is dying.

I'm surprised it didn't happen a long time ago with TSL. Sounds like ESF is going to have to rethink how they do things if they want to compete with kespa.

First game of the new season PvZ

Kill him with a pressure build not meant to kill him, just supposed to buy time to get up the 3rd.

He leaves the game with this exact gem "You play like a fuckn pussy".

Feels good man.

Masters again btw.

Jezbollah

None of the TSL players had salaries, according to the TL thread.

I can see how leaving can be so attractive when you are gambling on prize winnings as your only income. This in combination with lack of success at the acquisition of sponsors makes me think that this is a core management issue. I dont think we can say for sure that this is a precursor to any difficulties other teams may have in the future.

I know that if I was a team manager I'd jump at the chance to sign Huyn and Symbol.

Vaporak

TSL disbanding...

https://twitter.com/Ethan_Ahn/status/286749260660232192

"Coach Lee Won Jae says this is due to players Polt and Revival leaving the team, and the difficulty in finding sponsors. (via @sprigeri)"

"Rod Breslau ‏@Slasher
During IPL5 I met with another top Korean team that is having the same sponsor difficulties. It's still not easy to run a large-scale team."

Also Former Fxoboss gave insight on whats happening which seems grim for the ESF organization.
http://fxoboss.tumblr.com/

What a rough start of the year...hopefully HOTS will revive the scene in Korea. FXOBoss was right, ESF is dying.

I had no idea that the ESF teams couldn't get ratings information for sponsor negotiations. That alone explains a good chunk of why so many of the teams seem to be unable to find sponsors. Also didn't know that Boss wasn't with FXO anymore.

Aaron

Once Kespa fully switched over to SC2 I expected the ESF to self destruct. In a year or less, any remaining ESF teams will either merge or fall under the Kespa banner.

Top Bottom