• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Wait... You play protoss right??? Hahahahahshshhshshahshahshahahahahahaha

Good nigjt

What does that even mean?

I have a Terran and a Zerg account in diamond. I've beat a handful of GM players on ladder including DignitasSelect a Progamer before he retired.

So what was your point? Protoss is easy? Might wanna go look at tournament wins before you say that again.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
my game is harder than your game so thaAt means i'm the best

this discussion brought to you by gamefaqs

But but but look at all these buttons I have to press and look these mechanics I have to keep in check by playing like cracked up dopefiend. I'm not having any fun but I can rest easy knowing that I am the superior gamer. Also, We should go start an internet poll to further validate my opinions!

zargle

homsar2.gif

YELLINGTIME

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
But but but look at all these buttons I have to press and look these mechanics I have to keep in check by playing like cracked up dopefiend. I'm not having any fun but I can rest easy knowing that I am the superior gamer. Also, We should go start an internet poll to further validate my opinions!

I don't think a single person in this thread is saying they are a "Superior gamer".

SC2 requires more personal skill to play (at a competitive level) than the others, sorry if you can't understand how simple that is. =/

Edit: I find it funny people think I'm not going to argue FOR Starcraft in a Starcraft thread. Maybe I should go to the LoL thead and expect people to agree with me rofl.

(._.)

Banned
SC2 and BW are brain dead mechanical spam fests compared to Q3 dueling though.
So, why aren't you playing the king of all multiplayer games then?

how the hell did you manage to rope in BW with SC2? I know Quake is incredibly challenging mechanically. mastering dm and movement in that game almost makes my left hand hurt. you can't say BW isn't incredibly hard in that aspect itself though.

the grid in that game feels far more rigid playing on. plus the game requires way more micro and is far less forgiving mechanically than SC2 by about ten billion miles. on top of that hotkeys are easier to use in SC2. BW is very impressive mechanically unlike it's sequel SC2. some GMs in SC2 have like 80 apm while you'd have to have at least 200+ to even be considered remotely good in BW.

EDIT: cs is also easier than quake holden

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Me and corran are the only sane people around here lately ...

nitric0

I'm having trouble vs 2-3 base protoss all ins. I usually open 1 rax FE and transition into mmm with ghost or viking depending on if the toss opted for collosus or templar tech first. I've been losing too many battles when I move out after 2 medivacs and my +1 attack finishes. My late game vs P is absolutely atrocious. ;\

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Cool Zerg can make everything from the same building. Also you hit Z whenever you were making Zerglings and B then H then left click every time you made a hatch.

You also had proper scouting and saw what your opponent was doing, you checked your drone saturation at all your bases before you pumped roaches.

I could go on and on, but you already get the point. Go back to the LoL thread please.
league hotkeys:
1234[56]
qwer
asdf
bp
tab

hey look, thats grid mode + some unit groups and map control is even more important than it is in sc2.

Sometimes i wonder if you have a dumbass quota to fill, because it seems like every few months you take it upon yourself to get very aggressive over something very stupid.

No need for people to come into a Starcraft thread and start spewing comical nonsense.
Yeah, definitely a quota. You realize you're the only one who ever suggested that your game was more complicated than another, right? No one said anything negative about starcraft, it was the mere suggestion of equality that set you off. Hell, you started all this in the first place by calling moba's braindead, so don't pretend to be above it.

league hotkeys:
1234[56]
qwer
asdf
bp
tab

hey look, thats grid mode + some unit groups

Yes SC2 has more buttons and hotkeys in use than that? Your point?

and map control is even more important than it is in sc2.

No it's not, you have a team. you have sight wards. You control one unit, outside of listening to your teammates (In a competitve level) 99% of the time you are focusing on yourself and your 1-2 opponents in your lane. Don't get me started on how faceroll jungling is.

Compare that to the the Micro, map awareness, unit composition, scouting, and doing all that while having immaculate macro. None of that moba garbage comes even close.

But you wouldn't know that since you use one hotkey right?

Sometimes i wonder if you have a dumbass quota to fill, because it seems like every few months you take it upon yourself to get very aggressive over something very stupid.

Sometimes I wonder if you even play this game enough to argue about it with me at all? You take it upon yourself to try and "1UP" me every chance you get. Is it because I'm somewhat new to gaf? Is it because I'm better than you at SC2, jealousy perhaps? lolol

Yeah, definitely a quota. You realize you're the only one who ever suggested that your game was more complicated than another, right? No one said anything negative about starcraft, it was the mere suggestion of equality that set you off. Hell, you started all this in the first place by calling moba's braindead, so don't pretend to be above it.

It was actually suggested that SC2 is a dead game, inferring moba's superior. I replied with "I don't play braindead games", which is my opinion. Which in turn others took offense to.

Of course I'm going to defend my opinion.

I might be inclined to think by your reasoning that you're also braindead.

Stay free. =D

Calling SC2 dead doesn't necessarily infer that MOBA is superior. It could just be referring to the state of the SC2 community compared to the MOBA one (and it's pretty clear which is coming out on top).

Edit: Also this page needs that 'well that escalated quickly' picture posted. Damn lol.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yes SC2 has more buttons and hotkeys in use than that? Your point?
my point is that your attempts to paint moba's in a poor light on mechanical grounds is misinformed.

No it's not, you have a team. you have sight wards. You control one unit, outside of listening to your teammates (In a competitve level) 99% of the time you are focusing on yourself and your 1-2 opponents in your lane. Don't get me started on how faceroll jungling is.
yes, you have sight wards.

in sc2 if you want vision of an area of the map, you dedicate a nearly insignificant amount of resources to it in building an overlord or an observer and sending it to that area. in a moba, walking blindly across fog to ward an area you don't control is a good way to feed. The hardest part about scouting in starcraft is remembering to do it.

Compare that to the the Micro, map awareness, unit composition, scouting, and doing all that while having immaculate macro. None of that moba garbage comes even close.

But you wouldn't know that since you use one hotkey right?
apparently i was a gold league masters zerg/protoss. It's hilarious that your attempt at mockery refutes your own point. If i succeeded as well as i did in starcraft without knowing those things, how exactly do you intend to argue that they're a requirement?

Sometimes I wonder if you even play this game enough to argue about it with me at all? You take it upon yourself to try and "1UP" me every chance you get. Is it because I'm somewhat new to gaf? Is it because I'm better than you at SC2, jealousy perhaps? lolol
I'm sorry, last i checked 2008 was a smaller number than 2009, which would mean that you've been on gaf longer than i have. but don't let that keep you from this complex you've developed.

and sure you're better, it's normal for active players to be better than inactive ones.

It was actually suggested that SC2 is a dead game, inferring moba's superior. I replied with "I don't play braindead games", which is my opinion. Which in turn others took offense to.
inferring moba's are more popular, which they are.

Tribes is a dead game. mvc2 is a dead game. quake is a dead game. super turbo is a dead game, brood war is a dead game. Guess that must retroactively nullify any worth those games ever had.

Vaporak

There a GSL thread, didn't see one come up on search. Flash is damn confident in his late game TvP, and for good reason to it seems.

Zzoram

Since all I play is Dota2 nowadays, I can say with confidence that map awareness is just as important in that game as it is in SC2. I find myself looking at the minimap just as much and wards to scout for enemy movement are rather important. It is definitely easier to micro 1 unit than an army of mixed units, however, all that means is you can devote more of your screen time and attention to 1 unit and micro it more. It's not like you just a-move (although lots of noobs in pubs do just that). The heroes that are the most difficult to micro are the ones like Meepo that require you to babysit multiple units that could be in different map locations like you would in SC2. Most people just keep all the Meepo clones together because it's too hard for them to split their attention across all lanes even if it results in much faster Meepo leveling.

SC2 is undoubtedly harder, but Dota2 is still pretty hard and requires a lot of the same skills. There is just less need to split your mental attention across different map locations in Dota2 since you only have to be aware of where people are and not also control stuff in multiple places, which IMO is possibly the hardest part of SC2.

Also, I was just made aware of 1v1 Dota2 tournaments. lolol. So weird.

Striek

There a GSL thread, didn't see one come up on search. Flash is damn confident in his late game TvP, and for good reason to it seems.
You should know the rule by now ;)

Flash might be confident late-game, but after your post jinxed him he effectively lost a game off of 1 gateway pressure, lol.

Zzoram

Flash is greedy and MC is aggressive. MC is probably always favored against Flash as a result.

It's a shame that Flash gets the first Proleague All-Kill but will now probably not advance to Code S despite beating Revival, HerO, Taeja and JYP just hours ago.

Vaporak

Yoda playing like a boss.

You should know the rule by now ;)

Flash might be confident late-game, but after your post jinxed him he effectively lost a game off of 1 gateway pressure, lol.

Flash is greedy and MC is aggressive. MC is probably always favored against Flash as a result.

It's a shame that Flash gets the first Proleague All-Kill but will now probably not advance to Code S despite beating Revival, HerO, Taeja and JYP just hours ago.

Yeah, Flash played super greedy. CC first and no bunker? lol, not the right corners to try and cut vs MC.

ksan

how the hell did you manage to rope in BW with SC2? I know Quake is incredibly challenging mechanically. mastering dm and movement in that game almost makes my left hand hurt. you can't say BW isn't incredibly hard in that aspect itself though.

the grid in that game feels far more rigid playing on. plus the game requires way more micro and is far less forgiving mechanically than SC2 by about ten billion miles. on top of that hotkeys are easier to use in SC2. BW is very impressive mechanically unlike it's sequel SC2. some GMs in SC2 have like 80 apm while you'd have to have at least 200+ to even be considered remotely good in BW.

EDIT: cs is also easier than quake holden

It was just a my dad is stronger than your dad argument, because the discussion is dumb when comparing genres :p

and obviously quake is the strongest dad in the world

Zzoram

If Jaedong and MC lose, Flash advances to Code S and Vampire goes to wildcard.
If Jaedong wins and MC loses, Jaedong advances to Code S and Flash goes to wildcard.
If Jaedong wins and MC wins, MC advances to Code S and Jaedong goes to wildcard.

It's a shame only 1 of these guys will advance and the other will go to wildcard.

Jaedong won, so Flash is out of Code S for now but if MC loses, Flash goes to wildcard

Hopefully now he has learned the importance of building a bunker when going CC first vs a protoss (one of the most aggressive around no less). That massive 100 mineral investment against a super late expanding protoss won't kill him. It's a shame as i wanted to see him make it and he ends up missing out because of a stupid mistake like that.

Zzoram

MC to Code S, Jaedong to wildcard, Flash to Code A.

It's nice seeing Jaedong and Flash be between Code A and S level.

MC to Code S, Jaedong to wildcard, Flash to Code A.

It's nice seeing Jaedong and Flash be between Code A and S level.

Flash despite performing worse has impressed me more than Jaedong. I really feel like if he just fixes a few small problems he is on the verge of being really dominant (not like in BW mind you). I think it won't be long before he is the best terran in SC2, of course HOTS could change all that.

Flash looks so dominant in proleague but often looks only decent against GOM/ESF teams/players. Same with Jaedong.

Do wildcard players have a chance at Code S?

Vaporak

Flash looks so dominant in proleague but often looks only decent against GOM/ESF teams/players. Same with Jaedong.

Do wildcard players have a chance at Code S?

I think the wild card thing is that they all get placed into another group together and have a second group stage shot at getting into code S.

Zzoram

I think the wild card thing is that they all get placed into another group together and have a second group stage shot at getting into code S.

Only the 3rd place finishes go to wildcard group.

Flash has to go to Code A because he finished 4th.

Yoshichan

I get a chubby from Flash and I don't even have to watch him play...

Grubby going full foreigner. Worst seed yet?

They're all destined for code B, he is just going to get there even faster. To be fair though it's not like Bbyong put on much of a better performance :p.

I didn't expect grubby to do much better, i feel like he is a little overrated and there are quite a few foreigners i would take in front of him.

Deadman

The first MLG this year is in dallas 2 days after HOTS comes out. That could be problematic if the game is delayed by even a week lol

Mairu

The first MLG this year is in dallas 2 days after HOTS comes out. That could be problematic if the game is delayed by even a week lol

when's the last time a blizzard game was delayed after they finally got around to giving it a release date?

It'll definitely be interesting to see a tournament just 2 days after the game releases

Vaporak

when's the last time a blizzard game was delayed after they finally got around to giving it a release date?

It'll definitely be interesting to see a tournament just 2 days after the game releases

Well, it'll be something that's for sure.

Top Bottom