• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Take note he gave you an EU link, if you're from another server you want to make sure you're downloading the correct client because of latency issues.
Yeah, thanks, I got the right one. Works pretty well. Graphics are set to low, and everything seems to be working pretty well. The Diablo III starter edition, on the other hand, ran like absolute crap. Ha. Guess I know which one to stick with.

I guess my only remaining question is how it would run in multiplayer mode, but I'll just have to buy the game and hope for the best on that one.

Vaporak

Yeah, thanks, I got the right one. Works pretty well. Graphics are set to low, and everything seems to be working pretty well. The Diablo III starter edition, on the other hand, ran like absolute crap. Ha. Guess I know which one to stick with.

I guess my only remaining question is how it would run in multiplayer mode, but I'll just have to buy the game and hope for the best on that one.

Doesn't the starter edition allow you to do some multiplayer? I'm remembering that it does allow it, just not on the ladder.

Son1x

Doesn't the starter edition allow you to do some multiplayer? I'm remembering that it does allow it, just not on the ladder.

Yea, you could play Xel'Naga and I believe another 4 player map with the starter edition from what I remember. They might have changed the maps though. Try playing a long game to see how your laptop handles the late game with lots of units and big battles.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Yea, you could play Xel'Naga and I believe another 4 player map with the starter edition from what I remember. They might have changed the maps though. Try playing a long game to see how your laptop handles the late game with lots of units and big battles.
Ok, will do. I didn't see any that I could join when I checked, but I may have been looking in the wrong place. I'll keep poking around.

SamuraiX-

If you're Zerg in a 1v1 or 2v2, what's a legitimate counter to your opponent(s) going mass Void Rays other than massing Corrupters? :-/

How many Infestors are we talking?

So let's say I attack his base with a Ling/Roach/Infestor composition, would that work against nothing but Void Rays? Should I be maxed?

They cant deal with mass infested terran and fungal.

Also voidrays are bad vs lings. nydus worms with lots of lings and counter attacks are really good to hurt protoss economy.

If you're opponent maxes out on just VR's then there isn't much you can do other than max out on infestor and get some spores. If he clumps you can just fungal them to death, otherwise mass infested terrans with upgrades and some fungal to hold them will be fine.

This is all assuming your macro is on par and you don't let toss get bases for free.

(I can't give you an exact number since that is all relative to what you're doing, but you're looking at a bare minimum of 10)

SamuraiX-

They cant deal with mass infested terran and fungal.

Also voidrays are bad vs lings. nydus worms with lots of lings and counter attacks are really good to hurt protoss economy.

If you're opponent maxes out on just VR's then there isn't much you can do other than max out on infestor and get some spores. If he clumps you can just fungal them to death, otherwise mass infested terrans with upgrades and some fungal to hold them will be fine.

This is all assuming your macro is on par and you don't let toss get bases for free.

(I can't give you an exact number since that is all relative to what you're doing, but you're looking at a bare minimum of 10)

Thank you! I appreciate the informative response. :)

I haven't really tired to incorporate Nydus networks into my play yet, so I'll see if I have any success with that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
l4oYz.png

i hate you fanboi

hahaha

Orenhy

Neo Member
I'm looking for someone to play 2 vs 2 league/ not league with in SC2, i'm fairly noobish.
hit me with a pm if your interested

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm looking for someone to play 2 vs 2 league/ not league with in SC2, i'm fairly noobish.
EU/NA?

Son1x

I'll play with you, Sonyx.324.

You can join the NeoGAF channel too. I think I've only seen one person there so far :)

Yoshichan

Empire.Kas with 2k viewers on Twitch. Since when? He always used to have like 200-300 viewers.

Yoshichan

People wanted to see what a terran looks like. Its been 6 months since theyve seen one and they started to forget.
thats what i thought

Son1x

Heh, I won 4 out of 5 placement in HotS and was placed in silver. I'm playing random there and I'll do the same when hots releases.

Windam

Scaley member
Just picked up StarCraft II yesterday for boxing day, and now when I try to make a Battle.net account, under the Parent's Email section, the "Create Account" button is greyed out, even with an email address entered. It's like this on both Firefox 17 and IE10 preview. Any ideas?

against PvT and your FFE

how do you defend against hellion harass or if they drop hellions in your main?

You you get a cyber as quickly as possible and make a cannon in your main. From there you throw all your crono on stalkers.

Part of my build is doing that gas steal which delays thier gas I can also see if they pull probes for an allin and how much gas they have themselves.

It's a big part of why I 9 scout.

If they do hellion drop they are majorly behind economically if they do no dmg.

What type of cheese (I'm at work right now)

4 gates, cannon rushes

Wow. What's Theilo's problem?

I hope all your opponents aren't that condescending. :-/

Haters gonna hate

EDIT: 7-4 for the day, thugggg life

That wouldn't be anything out of the norm lol. In my experience the higher up on the ladder you go the more cheese you see in PvP. By masters that's pretty much all you see. It's a shame cause i really enjpy the late game and i'm very good at it.

When you hit masters its alot of cheese, yes but once you hit near GM everyone can stop 99% of PvP cheese. It's just the skill ceiling for having almost no earlygame "holes" is much harder than other MU's

sucks T.T

Vaporak

Just picked up StarCraft II yesterday for boxing day, and now when I try to make a Battle.net account, under the Parent's Email section, the "Create Account" button is greyed out, even with an email address entered. It's like this on both Firefox 17 and IE10 preview. Any ideas?

I don't even remember this ever being part of it, but I'm guessing it's something that shows up if you put your age as under 18. GL figuring it out, but you'd probably have more success over at blizzards forums.

Vaporak

Been getting back into playing and doing some HotS. I'm trying out the unranked matching option but the match maker is only pairing me up with a bunch of noobs to slaughter. :/
And surprisingly a major lack of zerg players, I would have expected to run into more zergs than anything else, guess people aren't really switching to zerg to try out the interesting goodies.

When you hit masters its alot of cheese, yes but once you hit near GM everyone can stop 99% of PvP cheese. It's just the skill ceiling for having almost no earlygame "holes" is much harder than other MU's

sucks T.T

Well i'm never going to get close to GM so i guess i'll just have to accept it lol. I'm generally really good at holding cheese in PvP so i'm not worried. PvP and ZvZ have always been good matchups for me.

Yoshichan

WoL is balanced

I asked my friend at Blizzard

Zzoram

Is GOM fucking kidding?

MC, Flash, JD are all in the same group? Only 2 can advance to Code S? Maybe their reasoning is that stacking groups with popular players will increase the chance that at least one gets through. Also, we get guaranteed to finally see Flash vs JD in SC2.

Huk gets the easiest group AGAIN. Does that kid ever not get the easiest group in every tournament?

Is GOM fucking kidding?

MC, Flash, JD are all in the same group? Only 2 can advance to Code S? Maybe their reasoning is that stacking groups with popular players will increase the chance that at least one gets through. Also, we get guaranteed to finally see Flash vs JD in SC2.

Huk gets the easiest group AGAIN. Does that kid ever not get the easiest group in every tournament?

Lol why do they need reasoning? Maybe they're in the same group because it's supposed to random and not rigged. I'm not sure huks group is the worst anyway and they are all stacked with code S players so it's pretty silly complaining about it.

Top Bottom