• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Vaporak

Once Kespa fully switched over to SC2 I expected the ESF to self destruct. In a year or less, any remaining ESF teams will either merge or fall under the Kespa banner.

I actually expected it to be happening faster than it has. Kespa has a lot of money and pull with other Korean businesses. Kespa have been royally fucking up their transition to SC2 though, I hope they and OGN get their act together for the sake of the Korean SC2 scene.

Aaron

I actually expected it to be happening faster than it has. Kespa has a lot of money and pull with other Korean businesses. Kespa have been royally fucking up their transition to SC2 though, I hope they and OGN get their act together for the sake of the Korean SC2 scene.
I expected Kespa to fuck up as much as they have pretty much, but they've gotten into a groove now, and after reading the piece by the former FXOBoss the GSL teams will be lucky to last three months. The fact that GOM won't release viewer numbers is both a bad sign and completely insane.

Son1x

Snarfs.

So when is the next good tournament? GSL Starts 6th... anything else?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Conn.Si_Arena_Season_1

Hosted by yours truly :)

Well maybe not that good, but its still the best players from Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary, Serbia (minus beasty unfortunately, because he is in US) and Bulgaria.

http://www.conn.si/ Schedule for upcoming matches that will be streamed is on the main page, so if you don't have anything to do, feel free to watch a match or two :)

Other than that, IEM Katowice starts on 18th of January.

My 2nd round spl fantasy team

Magical Nerds

Main Team
5 -
Zicon_small.png
Crazy-Hydra
2 -
Ticon_small.png
Puma
3 -
Zicon_small.png
s2
2 -
Zicon_small.png
Shine
8 -
Picon_small.png
Shy (captain)
7 -
Picon_small.png
Stats
3 - Team CJ Entus

Anti Team
3 -
Picon_small.png
Bisu
5 -
Picon_small.png
JYP
5 -
Picon_small.png
Stork

GSL should lower their prices if possible. $10 for a GSL season, $15 if you get the GSTL season too. Their sub numbers must be bad

Also they need a better free stream. I've been watching pro league for free and it's rather appealing

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Conn.Si_Arena_Season_1

Hosted by yours truly :)

Well maybe not that good, but its still the best players from Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary, Serbia (minus beasty unfortunately, because he is in US) and Bulgaria.

http://www.conn.si/ Schedule for upcoming matches that will be streamed is on the main page, so if you don't have anything to do, feel free to watch a match or two :)

Other than that, IEM Katowice starts on 18th of January.
GL :)

GSL should lower their prices if possible. $10 for a GSL season, $15 if you get the GSTL season too. Their sub numbers must be bad

Also they need a better free stream. I've been watching pro league for free and it's rather appealing

They need to have a twitch stream and have it on the front of teamliquid whenever it's on. They also need to get rid of the bullshit that you need to sign in every time you watch even if you're watching the free stream. It's just one more barrier compared to games like LoL and i have no question it turns people off (including myself).

It's hard enough to really find new fans of the game (i mean if you don't actually play the game it's hard to even find out about it). So any they do get showing some interest they need to make it as easy as possible to actually access the content.

Of course a fair bit of this comes down to blizzard as well but GOM can improve things for sure.

You gotta remember this is teamkill format.

Pick people you feel have the potential to all kill.

I personally don't think JYP will be able to beat more than 1 person in a set.

Your antiteam looks fine.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Isn't blizz still fronting the prizemoney for GOM events?
I'm pretty sure they do still, to a large extent.

Given that interest and money GOM gets from the western audience it makes no sense not to have a twitch stream. Sure some would not pay subs and rely on the free stream, but there is so much content they could create for subs. What about Artosis, Tasteless, Wolf, and other casters doing some type of show? I'd pay a $5-10 sub regardless, but having some specific content would attract plenty of people.

Korean teams jumped on the stream bandwagon too late and that slow, oblivious behavior will continue as GOM loses popularity. Considering they have IGN as a partner, I'd be trying to lure some of the sponsors IGN has for the western and Korean stream, and perhaps as sponsorships for Korean teams.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I saw that Panda... I saw that.

If EG and IGN were smart they would be trying to save GOM from stupidity. Not by giving them money but introducing them to sponsors and trying to get Twitch involved. Kespa taking over wouldn't be good for anyone but Kespa, I don't see why they don't understand that.

Vaporak

EG-TL vs KT, then SKT vs Soul in 3 hours, followed by the GSL up/downs; looks like the holiday Starcraft break is over.

Deadman

What does that have to do with anything at all? That's like saying "Micheal Jordan is amateur at basketball because he played baseball."

lol?

?

I say people just use one hotkey in sc2 and one hero in dota 2.

You say only gold leaguers do that.

This is not true, lots of very high level pros, including gsl winners, use one hotkey.

ksan

wat?

It has nothing to do with the teamgame aspect. It has to do with the fact that you are controlling one thing and thats it.

It's braindead compared to SC2. At least high level SC2.

SC2 and BW are brain dead mechanical spam fests compared to Q3 dueling though.
So, why aren't you playing the king of all multiplayer games then?

?

I say people just use one hotkey in sc2 and one hero in dota 2.

You say only gold leaguers do that.

This is not true, lots of very high level pros, including gsl winners, use one hotkey.

One hotkey for army, spells(including building related spells), gateways, robo, stargates, and all the various combinations of hotkeys to make various units. Combine all that with scouting, drops, unit postioning, army composition, and spliting. (Yeah let me bind all that to the 1 key.)

Please elaborate how any moba comes even close to the amount of skill involved to do all that.

Lemme answer that for you. It doesn't. Not even close. Even MOBA players joke about it and know their game is braindead compared to sc2.

I never said it was a bad game, it's just braindead like majority of games are these days, at least it's less braindead than COD.

SC2 and BW are brain dead mechanical spam fests compared to Q3 dueling though.
So, why aren't you playing the king of all multiplayer games then?

Q3 is a game based on positioning and time management with reaction based skills (Aiming).
I'm bad at aiming, I'm also bad at FPS.

It's fruitless to argue about completely different "types" of games. At least MOBA's are in the same realm of genre.

i only ever used 1 hotkey.

1 = all hatch. who needs anything more?

Cool Zerg can make everything from the same building. Also you hit Z whenever you were making Zerglings and B then H then left click every time you made a hatch.

You also had proper scouting and saw what your opponent was doing, you checked your drone saturation at all your bases before you pumped roaches.

I could go on and on, but you already get the point. Go back to the LoL thread please.

fanboi

Banned
Cool Zerg can make everything from the same building. Also you hit Z whenever you were making Zerglings and B then H then left click every time you made a hatch.

You also had proper scouting and saw what your opponent was doing, you checked your drone saturation at all your bases before you pumped roaches.

I could go on and on, but you already get the point. Go back to the LoL thread please.

Wait... You play protoss right??? Hahahahahshshhshshahshahshahahahahahaha

Good nigjt

Top Bottom