• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Zzoram

inb4 IM joins kespa cause of money and to secure their existence

It's pretty much the only course of action now. It's quite clear that the eSF won't last much longer. It'll be lucky to survive another year. Most of the teams have no money, no sponsors and no salaries to keep their star players with. KeSPA has all the major corporations in Korea on board except LG. LG-IM alone can't fill out the GSTL and GSL.

The question is whether or not KeSPA will allow GOMTV to exist and run GSL or if they'll pull their players from GSL once the eSF collapses.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Hopefully the remaining teams can survive until HoTS, at which point the game will get a spike in relevance (hopefully) and popularity

I just don't see it having any real effect. They needed to make it a standalone expansion, so people could jump in with HotS, though to be completely honest they need to go F2P. I honestly don't know anyone who still plays, most people I know have moved on to LoL/Dota2.

Aaron

So for GSTL there will be this AtoA, LG-IM, MVP, FXO (they're still around right?), and Startale... if they don't bleed even more players. Anyone else left standing?

Also, Ryung and MMA on the same team again? Fuuuu

Mairu

So for GSTL there will be this AtoA, LG-IM, MVP, FXO (they're still around right?), and Startale... if they don't bleed even more players. Anyone else left standing?

Also, Ryung and MMA on the same team again? Fuuuu

azubu

and nshoseo somehow survives through everything

and prime

Try turning off the AA option, bump the game down to the low graphics preset and see if the same thing is still happening.
Thanks.
Tried that. Everything at low, no AA no Vsync, windowed etc. Still have the same problem. Looks like I'm not playing this anymore or getting the next game either. Guess I could try Blizzard support.

So GSTL will have a lot of players foreigners want to see (Grubby, MMA, Scarlett, Violet, etc). $20 paywall. Brilliant.

I won't be buying a GSL ticket either, most likely; I've never bought GSTL but bought every GSL ticket except the most recent one (which imo was way too close to the previous one). Haven't played SC2 in ages and certainly can't justify paying $20 to watch it.

Deadman

I wasnt planning on buying one since they raised the price again and its zvz forever, but i wanted to see stephano so i caved. Plus its the last WoL gsl and ill want to watch the hots ones anyway.

Definitely not buying gstl though, i didnt watch it at all last year, that was a waste :(

http://www.twitch.tv/thegdstudio/new

gd show starting in a couple of minutes

Vaporak

So GSTL will have a lot of players foreigners want to see (Grubby, MMA, Scarlett, Violet, etc). $20 paywall. Brilliant.

I won't be buying a GSL ticket either, most likely; I've never bought GSTL but bought every GSL ticket except the most recent one (which imo was way too close to the previous one). Haven't played SC2 in ages and certainly can't justify paying $20 to watch it.

I wasnt planning on buying one since they raised the price again and its zvz forever, but i wanted to see stephano so i caved. Plus its the last WoL gsl and ill want to watch the hots ones anyway.

Definitely not buying gstl though, i didnt watch it at all last year, that was a waste :(

http://www.twitch.tv/thegdstudio/new

gd show starting in a couple of minutes

I don't really feel the GSL is worth the cost anymore, and hasn't been worth it for a while. I bought a proleague ticket though, it's just 5 bucks for a ton of content.

Deadman

On the gdshow they basically confirmed huk stopped naniwa joining EG.

Also steelseries have just stopped sponsoring SK and seem to have just stopped sponsoring EG.

Minigun has left complexity and rejoined root.

Instead of doing the testing map they just pushed the infestor changes to live. Infested terrans dont get upgrades anymore just like in hots.

Deadman

Idra said that a journalists job is not to break new stories but to spread that news to people who wouldnt otherwise see it.

Umm no... thats just a pr guy for EG. His job is to report on news.

They are just mad he heard about jaedong before they were ready.

And he just owned them over the naniwa story lol

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Idra said that a journalists job is not to break new stories but to spread that news to people who wouldnt otherwise see it.

Umm no... thats just a pr guy for EG. His job is to report on news.

They are just mad he heard about jaedong before they were ready.

And he just owned them over the naniwa story lol

EG has never really understood journalism in which it hasnt worked for them.

Deadman

Blizz put the tournament versions of antiga and entombed on ladder.

Next day gom remove antiga and entombed from gsl map pool :lol

http://www.gomtv.net/forum/view.gom?topicid=229420&cid=0&kind=8

*New Maps:
GSL Akilon Flats
GSL Icarus
KeSPA Neo Planet S

Revised Maps:
GSL Whirlwind SE
GSL Bel’Shir Vestige SE

Unchanged Maps:
GSL Daybreak
GSL Cloud Kingdom

Removed from the Map Pool:
GSL Entombed Valley
GSL Abyssal City
GSL Antiga Shipyard

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I chuckled

A conversation between Alex Garfield and EG's sponsors: (self.starcraft)
submitted 9 hours ago* by mousedump

EG sponsor consortium: You guaranteed us a 500% increase in click-through traffic if we supplied the extra revenue to secure the purchase of your new player. We only saw a 200% increase. What happened?
Alex Garfield: Well, we spent weeks preparing the announcement. We spent thousands getting video content ready and drafting numerous press releases and packages and then..
EG sponsor consortium: And then what..?
Alex Garfield: Well, it got leaked.
EG sponsor consortium: Leaked by who?
Alex Garfield: This scumbag journalist called Slasher who works for Gamespot.
EG sponsor consortium: No, we mean who leaked it from your organization?
Alex Garfield: Oh, I don't know, lots of people knew really. Another team or one of their players probably told him off the record. He might have even read it off one of our players' Skype boxes on stream.
EG sponsor consortium: If it's such an open secret then why the hell did you promise us the extra revenue? Why did you spend so long sitting on it?
Alex Garfield: We didn't think this scumbag journalist would stoop so low as to endanger E-Sports, he knows how much we were counting on the revenue boost from you guys. We're all in this together and he knows we're the best at projecting a message.
EG sponsor consortium: You didn't think a journalist would report a story so big that it was going to drive 500% increase in click throughs? Are you insane? How much are we paying you?
Alex Garfield: Enough to give Incontrol a raise.
EG sponsor consortium: Hangs up.

Aylinato

AdventureRacing got banned in the 77mil PS3s sold is false thread. What did Panda do in the funny pics one?

He got banned for posting a picture of a child being told by an officer of the SS that he would be a man for going to the showers, of course we learn that the officer was an SS member in the last two panels before the child enters the line with the fellow humans going to the gas chambers. Apparently that's funny to panda.

Anyway no one is playing SC2 I see outside of Jail, Scogoth, Splinter, Nate, Rick, Caderyn, and myself. I do see some other random players every once and awhile including Shake.

SamuraiX-

He got banned for posting a picture of a child being told by an officer of the SS that he would be a man for going to the showers, of course we learn that the officer was an SS member in the last two panels before the child enters the line with the fellow humans going to the gas chambers. Apparently that's funny to panda.

what the fucking hell

Vaporak

Anyway no one is playing SC2 I see outside of Jail, Scogoth, Splinter, Nate, Rick, Caderyn, and myself. I do see some other random players every once and awhile including Shake.

Panda >.>, I wonder if it's a temp or a perma ban. And I play, I just seem to be the only one sticking to HotS since I never see anyone else in the neogaf channel there.

Deadly

I'm watching the ITG with the journalism drama and wow.

Incontrol seemed to have a respectable opinion on the matter. It's his job to do it but he thinks he should be on the side of the team more. I can respect that. But Alex Garfield holy shit. He comes on and just straight up starts attacking Slasher. Even Incontrol facepalmed and cringed when it started getting real bad (1:40:38).

All in all, embargoes, NDA's, they exist for a reason.

SamuraiX-

Dst8L.png

http://fr.twitch.tv/egstephano

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Going through old times... love it.

iuR09XWIm99uN.png

Deadman

Terran

Reaper
Health increased from 50 to 60.

Protoss

Void Ray
Supply cost increased from 3 to 4.Activating the Prismatic Alignment ability now causes a timer to display over the Void Ray for the duration of the effect.

Zerg

Hatchery
The Evolve Burrow upgrade requirement has been moved to the Hatchery.

What follows is a breakdown of our reasoning behind recent balance changes in the StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm beta.

Void Ray
We haven't seen many players microing against the Void Ray's Prismatic Alignment ability, even among the highest rated players in the HotS Beta. In order to encourage more precise micro against this ability, we've decided to display a timer on the Void Ray for the duration of the effect. We're hoping to see players pull their units back against Prismatic Alignment, and re-engage once the ability is on cooldown.

We also felt that Void Rays were too strong in the late game for their supply cost, so we decided to increase this requirement by 1.

Reaper
We think that Reapers are headed in the right direction. Players are really forced to utilize the Reaper’s passive healing ability between attacks in order to maximize the unit’s efficiency. We'd like to further promote this type of play by slightly increasing Reaper health.

Burrow
We decided to move the Burrow upgrade requirement to the Hatchery, because we feel that early Burrow usage with units like Zerglings, Banelings, and Roaches creates potential for more action during the early game. Furthermore, the initial feedback from players has been very positive regarding this change, and we've already seen Zerg internal testers pull off some neat tricks using Burrow.

As always, thank you very much for your input. Please take time to playtest these changes before providing us with more feedback.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7592202768

kinda mediocre changes

http://www.destiny.gg/n/own3d-tv-a-beginners-guide-to-being-an-asshole/

tldr own3d are awful

Yoshichan

Hatchery change is pretty big... can't wait to see that in action. Is it 150, 100?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hope Burrow time is increased or something. Jesus.

We haven't seen many players microing against the Void Ray's Prismatic Alignment ability, even among the highest rated players in the HotS Beta. In order to encourage more precise micro against this ability, we've decided to display a timer on the Void Ray for the duration of the effect.
:lol

GC|Simon

I'm also watching it - and I agree, good tournament so far. The venue seems to be awesome, the crowd as well as the casters are fantastic and the player are delivering a good performance.

Top Bottom