• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

SamuraiX-

Just saw this.

SOOOOOOO FUCKING GOOD

I loved this little comment from YouTube:
ApS7IQ8.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

profit

Man I can't play SC2 anymore, everytime I try to login the game keeps saying I need an authorized language pack. Checked every solution and nothing is working, apparently a lot more people on EU are having this problem....

Complistic

I can't stand the online community for this game. Been playing random unranked 2v2's in HOTS. I'm not amazing, I'm probably only a fair bit better than average but I can't take the constant anger pouring out of my teammates. I think I'm either going to have to stop playing, or maybe get a good friends list going with actual fun people that have their shit sorted out.

Anyone interested? Leave your name and ID for HOTS. I play random. I play to win. But most importantly, I play to have a good time. Unlike the impression I'm gathering from most of these pricks.

Bumping from last page. Still need some more hommies.

I just lost 6 or 7 2v2's in a row mostly because my teammates done understand how to build units.

SamuraiX-

It was pretty amusing watching people in the IPL5 NA Qualifiers chat yesterday try to the defend the idea that HuK is actually good when he was getting stomped by Scarlett.

Now that he's been manhandled out of Code S, I wonder what they're all thinking.

Mairu

It was pretty amusing watching people in the IPL5 NA Qualifiers chat yesterday try to the defend the idea that HuK is actually good when he was getting stomped by Scarlett.

Now that he's been manhandled out of Code S, I wonder what they're all thinking.

I don't like Huk but if your only idea of whether a player is good is if they make it to the round of 16 in GSL Code S you have a pretty narrow definition of 'good player'

SamuraiX-

I don't like Huk but if your only idea of whether a player is good is if they make it to the round of 16 in GSL Code S you have a pretty narrow definition of 'good player'

I just think he's overrated and that him making it into Code S at all was just a giant fluke.

J2d

Stephano is streaming and damn is he good, saving pretty much every drone in his base against blue flame hellions by starting up evo chambers and blocking them out.

Striek

They added global play to WoL. They haven't announced it yet, but it works.

Via TL:
It is totally unnecessary to download a new client or use a relocalizer (unless you want different voices or text). Just create a file called regions.xml in your StarCraft II program files folder (where the Starcraft II.exe is) with the following contents.

<regions>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_SG_REGION" hostname="sg"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enSG"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_US_REGION" hostname="us"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enUS"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_EU_REGION" hostname="eu"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enGB"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_KR_REGION" hostname="kr"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="koKR"/>
</regions>

This will cause the Region button which SEA has had for the longest time to appear (it fades in after a while), but the strings for AUTHENTICATION_EU_REGION and AUTHENTICATION_KR_REGION were only added in 1.5.4.
Can confirm it works, I just logged into KR.

Striek

The new patch is 8.4 gb :\

I only "patched" the beta yesterday (first time in a couple months) and it redownloaded the whole 7.5GB. Then I found out one days maintenance started just after I started the download. I'm not redownloading the whole fucking client again -.-

Reddit thread says around 120 ping. Noticeable but not game killing.

Cool, I'll probably check it out. I'm low masters on NA and I doubt a 120 ping would have a huge effect on me. I don't have the APM or reaction times for it to matter most of the time. I imagine high level play would be really frustrating though.

Striek

Hmmm, not working for me. Didn't get prompted for a patch either. Where in the UI would I change regions?
The patch is for HoTS beta.

You would see the region change at the logon screen, you click the arrow next to your email (to logout) and the region button appears on the left hand side.

If it doesn't work make sure you aren't saving it as regions.xml.txt, but that in notepad you go to save as and select all files before saving. Works fine for me.

Edit: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu^

DixieFlatline

Neo Member
Did anyone else see that IM is asking for help to retain their LG sponsorship? Not good news at all, LG was the largest sponsor in esports by far. Steel Series cut back their esports marketing as well - but considering that I saw their chief marketing officer with with his dick pressed against a hotel lobby window, it might be for the best.

Deadly

Did anyone else see that IM is asking for help to retain their LG sponsorship? Not good news at all, LG was the largest sponsor in esports by far. Steel Series cut back their esports marketing as well - but considering that I saw their chief marketing officer with with his dick pressed against a hotel lobby window, it might be for the best.
Pretty sure the Kespa teams have more money.

Top Bottom