• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

StayDead

What a shitty caster list.

Literally all the the guys I hate in Sc2 casting.

I really like Day9, but only when he's really casting with Apollo and the showdown things they've done have made me come to love Axel/Axlav.

I'm not a huge fan of Incontrol or Totalbiscuit, although Totalbiscuit is amazing with Apollo I feel.

Wedge7

I really like Day9, but only when he's really casting with Apollo and the showdown things they've done have made me come to love Axel/Axlav.

I'm not a huge fan of Incontrol or Totalbiscuit, although Totalbiscuit is amazing with Apollo I feel.

Day9 is really starting to annoy me. I feel like he has really let himself go in terms of knowledge/reads about the game, and now just resorts to fake hype and excitement to try and cover up how little he knows now. Wont stop his fans from saying ridiculous statements that he knows more than some pros.

DJwheat is another who is just so blah in terms of casting. He really doesnt bring anything to the table. No real knowledge, no insight, not even that great of a hype man. Always surprises me how much work he gets, then I remember that he is probably one of the most connected guys in the business, so that helps immensely.

Husky, say no more.

TB again, I dont hate the guy, but I'm just not really a fan.

Incontrol, dont hear enough of his casts or commentaries, but I'll fully admit its just my personal bias of how I dislike him, so that obviously colors my perceptions of the guy.

Axlav/AxelToss, ugh, two guys with no personality or charisma. Just boring casts.

I understand why they didnt get guys like Artosis/Tasteless, in that I still feel that they are the undisputed best casters, even with their faults, its just that its too expensive to bring them over, not jusfitying the high cost in terms of flying them over. Them, and someone like Wolf who I have really started to enjoy more and more. I used to find him somewhat odd and ecentric, though he has definitely grown on me. Those 3 + Apollo are probably the 4 best casters in the business currently.

Aaron

Totalbiscuit is my favorite caster on that list. Never thought I'd ever say that. Really, why do they let djwheat cast? He's so terrible and never seems to have any idea of what's going on. Day9 is just a dick at this point. The rest are just forgettable.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Found these while cleaning up.

b2MG81K.jpg

WMQZoWy.jpg

Day9 is really starting to annoy me. I feel like he has really let himself go in terms of knowledge/reads about the game, and now just resorts to fake hype and excitement to try and cover up how little he knows now. Wont stop his fans from saying ridiculous statements that he knows more than some pros.

DJwheat is another who is just so blah in terms of casting. He really doesnt bring anything to the table. No real knowledge, no insight, not even that great of a hype man. Always surprises me how much work he gets, then I remember that he is probably one of the most connected guys in the business, so that helps immensely.

Husky, say no more.

TB again, I dont hate the guy, but I'm just not really a fan.

Incontrol, dont hear enough of his casts or commentaries, but I'll fully admit its just my personal bias of how I dislike him, so that obviously colors my perceptions of the guy.

Axlav/AxelToss, ugh, two guys with no personality or charisma. Just boring casts.

I understand why they didnt get guys like Artosis/Tasteless, in that I still feel that they are the undisputed best casters, even with their faults, its just that its too expensive to bring them over, not jusfitying the high cost in terms of flying them over. Them, and someone like Wolf who I have really started to enjoy more and more. I used to find him somewhat odd and ecentric, though he has definitely grown on me. Those 3 + Apollo are probably the 4 best casters in the business currently.

I agree with you except for incontrol, he is a really good caster and is actually quite funny. He actually had really good chemistry with khaldor and Kaelaris.

I would have been happy with apollo, Khaldor, wolf, Kaelaris, incontrol, tastosis, grubby or totalbiscuit. There are a few other good ones but they're the first who come to mind.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow... new music huh? For protoss at least? Did terran get new songs in multiplayer as well?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Just in case you're thinking about doing another playthrough of Wings of Libery as a story refresher for HotS, save yourself the trouble. As a matter of fact, I've already gone through the trouble and recorded all the story bits from WoL and put it on YouTube. I've even put it all in a handy-dandy little playlist so you can watch the hole 5 hours worth of video without ever having to click an extra button.

Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty: The Story - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsBuzuNFyaUA9HBAxjV4jDbVHkdeRneDn

Oh, and just in case you were thinking about the first game, I've got you covered there too. I did the same thing for Starcraft and Brood War a couple years back when WoL was coming out.

The Entire Starcraft 1 Story - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF9226B77F797043B

Enjoy, fellas.

TwiztidElf

I just had a game then against a Terran, killed both his Command Centers.
While he was being revealed, he started building a new Command Center.
I killed that one.
The game let him continue with his army roaming the field.
I flew my Mutas around looking, but couldn't find another Command Center.
I just assumed he'd lifted off one and stashed it someplace weird on the map.

Checked the replay after, and nope, no Command Center.
I'm relatively new, but shouldn't this have been a win to me? (I did win anyway, but it was close).
Was he using hacks? Is it a glitch? Should I report this?

profit

I just had a game then against a Terran, killed both his Command Centers.
While he was being revealed, he started building a new Command Center.
I killed that one.
The game let him continue with his army roaming the field.
I flew my Mutas around looking, but couldn't find another Command Center.
I just assumed he'd lifted off one and stashed it someplace weird on the map.

Checked the replay after, and nope, no Command Center.
I'm relatively new, but shouldn't this have been a win to me? (I did win anyway, but it was close).
Was he using hacks? Is it a glitch? Should I report this?

You need to destroy all of his buildings to win the game without him quitting first.
Was pretty BM of him though.

profit

Once you kill all his CC's the rest of his buildings are shown to you.
I know, read his post. His opponent was getting revealed and built another CC. He destroyed that. Then he said that the game let his opponent continue playing the game, so my understanding is he thought the game claims you victorious if you destroy all of the opponents bases, instead of all the builings.
I'm on my phone so sorry Im not clear

I know, read his post. His opponent was getting revealed and built another CC. He destroyed that. Then he said that the game let his opponent continue playing the game, so my understanding is he thought the game claims you victorious if you destroy all of the opponents bases, instead of all the builings.
I'm on my phone so sorry Im not clear

I didn't mean it that way. I was just adding on to your post so he knows.

zargle

GAF Night: Wednesday 2/13/2013
Time: 9pm EST

Games to be played:

Monobattles
Team Games
1v1s
NexusDessertStrike(new game)

Does this mean there is a new version of that game where players simply throw desserts at each other or do you mean it is a new game for gafnight?

Aylinato

Does this mean there is a new version of that game where players simply throw desserts at each other or do you mean it is a new game for gafnight?

It's a game that combines different aspects of dessert strike, squad tower, and nexus wars, only misses the awesome battles of dessert strike, and the strength of balance in sqaud tower

GAF night was a success as well!

profit

have any of you guys tried the global play feature? if so, how does it work?

Thanks to Striek who posted it first (from TL)

It is totally unnecessary to download a new client or use a relocalizer (unless you want different voices or text). Just create a file called regions.xml in your StarCraft II program files folder (where the Starcraft II.exe is) with the following contents.
<regions>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_SG_REGION" hostname="sg"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enSG"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_US_REGION" hostname="us"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enUS"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_EU_REGION" hostname="eu"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enGB"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_KR_REGION" hostname="kr"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="koKR"/>
</regions>

When you have done that, a dropdown window (?) will appear at your login screen, where you can select the region you want to play in.

Son1x

have any of you guys tried the global play feature? if so, how does it work?

Yea, I've played 20 or so games on NA. Just do what profit said and you'll be able to do so. Kinda sucks being in Europe since Korea and SEA both lag too much, so only NA is playable.

profit

Yea, I've played 20 or so games on NA. Just do what profit said and you'll be able to do so. Kinda sucks being in Europe since Korea and SEA both lag too much, so only NA is playable.

As long as NA is playable, I'm a happy man. Atleast now almost all of GAF can play together without too much issues.

Top Bottom