• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

(._.)

Banned
LOL

5H7RCGt.png

StayDead

He is right though. Ever since Huk left liquid he's had nothing but rubbish thrown at him if he even loses a game. It's pretty pathetic. The same thing happens to casters like supernovamaniac at the moment who even though he's doing really well and learning to cast proffessionally live on air rather than on sayles stream, but he's also doing a good job. :/

SamuraiX-

He is right though. Ever since Huk left liquid he's had nothing but rubbish thrown at him if he even loses a game. It's pretty pathetic. The same thing happens to casters like supernovamaniac at the moment who even though he's doing really well and learning to cast proffessionally live on air rather than on sayles stream, but he's also doing a good job. :/

ROFL

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Your optimism is cute.

I'm not going to argue on HuK as I think the vocal community that has been around for years just has really really high expectations. HuK impressed me with some of his 2010/2011 showings and improvements in PvT, but then fell into the swings of 7/8 gating just about everyone and slumping. It sucked to see, but the player story for HuK is not as important to me as seeing great SC matches. He put in a lot of time and effort, but it hasn't paid off in a way many would like to see. As soon as he puts up some great matches I'll be back on board, but it doesn't help that he plays Protoss.

SNM... He seems like a really cool guy and it's obvious that he cares a lot with all his SPL knowledge and being around SC forever. Problem is he is lacking key things like an ok voice, good flow, knowing his limits as a caster, and interacting well with his co-caster. If he can do the last 3 things well he'll be much better to listen to, but right now it's dampening my enjoyment of ProLeague.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I can't believe people are still watching Day9's daily. He has nearly 4k viewers right now, wtf

Oh man, I remember the good old days of being excited for newbie Tuesdays and funday Mondays. I even tossed the guy some money because of all the hours of entertainment but he just gets old after awhile, like most other personalities. HoTS should provide a small bump in his viewership as old and new players start playing again.

His Amnesia LP was actually pretty funny all things considered.

SamuraiX-

I never got to watch HuK in his prime, but the level of competition he went through in the Up & Down that landed him his Code S spot was a fucking joke.

Huk's success can be attributed to him exploiting the strengths of Protoss, specifically against zerg. Literally all he did was various gate timings and rushes...and he was virtually done once zerg figured that shit out. He reminds me of Jinro in the sense that both had a lot of success early on yet were completely left in the dust by the metagame, never to recover.

Idra may suck, but he was 100% right about Huk a couple years ago. He's an extremely gimmicky player

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I can't believe people are still watching Day9's daily. He has nearly 4k viewers right now, wtf
This Funday Monday I tuned in since I hadn't watched in forever, a bit over 7k to watch SkyToss in HotS and him talk about Elfen Lied and watch Silver Protoss mass VR.

Not gonna tune in for another few months, the way he does his show with constant camera cuts and stories doesn't jive with me.

SamuraiX-

This Funday Monday I tuned in since I hadn't watched in forever, a bit over 7k to watch SkyToss in HotS and him talk about Elfen Lied and watch Silver Protoss mass VR.

Not gonna tune in for another few months, the way he does his show with constant camera cuts and stories doesn't jive with me.

I didn't like him at first either. I kinda just wanted serious StarCraft tips and strategies with all the bull shit cut out. Eventually I developed a connection with him on a more personal level and now I tune in because to me his personality is just awesome and, of course, because the show revolves around StarCraft and fun stories. :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
huk is best protoss out there

believe me

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What are you talking about? It's working for me, and very true!
If even you think that, then I might as well just gg out of life... I hate you guys ._. Where is Panda when I need him...

Yoshichan

Twitch Turbo?

TWITCH TURBO?

Stealing subscribers from the people who wants to make a living of Twitch?

GOOD JOB TWITCH.

Defend yourself, Twitch-lovers aka Corran

Aaron

With turbo, the casters get paid as if you were watching commercials. It's no different on their end, except it would probably be better just to sub to their channels.

Mairu

Twitch Turbo?

TWITCH TURBO?

Stealing subscribers from the people who wants to make a living of Twitch?

GOOD JOB TWITCH.

Defend yourself, Twitch-lovers aka Corran

If you want to make a living off Twitch you should probably try to provide a benefit other than adblock, which is all twitch turbo is.

So where is the meta game at? Are the pros all just suing HotS beta? Who are the best in Code S? Did the kespa league ever take off? Someone fill me in!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So where is the meta game at? Are the pros all just suing HotS beta? Who are the best in Code S? Did the kespa league ever take off? Someone fill me in!

^What he said. I need a sitrep.

Also, what happened to MVP? I was looking at SCReddit today and people said something happened to him.

Chris R

If you want to make a living off Twitch you should probably try to provide a benefit other than adblock, which is all twitch turbo is.

Like good VODs! <3 Proleague and the cheap cost compared to GSL!

Playing SC2's SP campaign is making me want to switch to T now that I can actually stutter step some marines... But my P game is getting not terrible :(

Pancakes

Like good VODs! <3 Proleague and the cheap cost compared to GSL!

Playing SC2's SP campaign is making me want to switch to T now that I can actually stutter step some marines... But my P game is getting not terrible :(

OGN LoL VODS are 0.99 cents for 24 hours and 5.99 for a whole week of access.

Much more consumer friendly than the GOM model.

SamuraiX-

Is there a repository of pro game VODs? I want to see how Life plays, am I going to have to buy a GSL membership or something?

If you don't want to spend money, I would just Google "StarCraft StarTale Life Replays" or something like that.

Usually you can find a good deal of tournament replay packs and BNet games showcasing the pros.

Vaporak

Meta games hasn't changed for a bit. PvZ is either sentry/immortal all in or stargate->collosai off 3 base to push before brood lords. TvP hasn't changed that much in god knows how long, only thing I've noticed is that terrans are starting to get better at building and using vikings. TvZ tends to be either marine/tank or mech and try and push before broodlords, sometimes gamble with fast 3CC.

I'm not sure what you mean with the HotS question, but most pro's aren't practicing HotS.

Best in code S is probably Life and Parting imo. I hear DRG is doing really well recently so maybe he's back in form.

Kespa situation is wierd. Proleague has been great competition for GOM I think and is probably doing well. But the OSL is MIA for unknown reasons, they produced that first SC2 OSL and then nothing. There seemed to have been some contract fighting over broadcasting for proleague between OGN and Kespa. OGN is only broadcasting like 1/2 of proleague now and we've had 3 different sets of english casters for proleague.

cdyhybrid

Man, I go to look up the standard/basic builds on TL and I get 20-paragraph long posts on an opening that gets you 5 minutes into the game and every typical transition after that. There's no way I can remember all that shit.

Unrelated question: I'm not in the HotS beta yet, would playing my intended HotS race in WoL help me in HotS? Or is the game going to change so much that practicing that race specifically now won't really help much?

Top Bottom