• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
This is bullshit

MMA's first GSL win was November 2011

Since that win, he went on to win another GSL (Blizzard Cup), IEM Kiev, 3rd place IEM World Championships, 4th in IPL4, and most recently another first place with Iron Squid this past May.

Starcraft 2 is not a constant and the only thing we have that's close is Mvp and MC and neither of those players win everything.

Yep. MMA got to finals of super tournament then got knocked out of code a next season. Then to later win Blizz and Code S. Not everyone can be MC, MVP...or OP like zerg :p

clav

Looks like Tashi is due for a promotion soon to Gold as he's being paired with Golds, and the game says the match is even.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
That was fun, thanks for the help guys <3 Gonna go at it again tomorrow.

^^ it's happened like 5 times in the past couple days now but I've lost almost each one.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
flash/fantasy starts in an hour i believe
TL says:
3h 45m
Tving Ongamenet Starleague Round of 4 Day 2

(T)Flash vs (T)Fantasy

Set 1 < Neo Ground Zero >
Set 2 < Neo Electric Circuit >
Set 3 < New Sniper Ridge >
Set 4 < Gladiator >
Set 5 < Neo Ground Zero >

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
favorized, subscribed, like etc

Jezbollah

Has Genius been officially signed by anyone?

If I had a ton of money and wanted two good players, him and MMA would appeal to me..

Man this MMA news is crazy.

The dude has been slacking lately, ever since his strategy coach went to one of the Kespa teams, his results started to go down.

I didn't know it was that serious though.

This is bullshit

MMA's first GSL win was November 2011

Since that win, he went on to win another GSL (Blizzard Cup), IEM Kiev, 3rd place IEM World Championships, 4th in IPL4, and most recently another first place with Iron Squid this past May.

Starcraft 2 is not a constant and the only thing we have that's close is Mvp and MC and neither of those players win everything.

edit: 4 SlayerSMun "MMA" Seong-Won $174,715

Admittedly you just destroyed that part of my argument. I'll simply maintain his recent results over the last month or two haven't been stellar

I believe this dismissal is due to practice

(._.)

Banned
TL says:
3h 45m
Tving Ongamenet Starleague Round of 4 Day 2

(T)Flash vs (T)Fantasy

Set 1 < Neo Ground Zero >
Set 2 < Neo Electric Circuit >
Set 3 < New Sniper Ridge >
Set 4 < Gladiator >
Set 5 < Neo Ground Zero >

Yea I got it confused with team league.

I ended up not watching live cause of the time it starts. just caught up on the vods now though.

fanatasy 3-0'd flash which is what everybody was saying was gonna happen.

Gonna be a rematch between jangbi/fanatsy which should be cool. hope I will be able to stay up for that live :\

Vaporak

I ended up not watching live cause of the time it starts. just caught up on the vods now though.

Gonna be a rematch between jangbi/fanatsy which should be cool. hope I will be able to stay up for that live :\

Dammit I was going to check out the english rebroadcast. >.>

Cool spoilers.

MillStephano: (1/4)Haha funny story at the airport to go to ny thats the talk between i and security guard

MillStephano: (2/4)"why you going to ny" "for work " - " whats your job "-" i play video game"-"so its not work"

MillStephano: (3/4)"it is a competition and thats my Job"-"stop mocking on me and even if it was true what would i let you go to usa to win our money"

MillStephano: (4/4)the he sends me to the complementary security and im waiting for my judgment!

Holden

can't he just say he is just going to an event to see w/ some of his friends? No wonder there is always visa problems...

thanks for the bw spoilers...

Majine

Banned
Haha, no wonder my army seemed so small.

dc4mN.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Mairu

Admittedly you just destroyed that part of my argument. I'll simply maintain his recent results over the last month or two haven't been stellar

I believe this dismissal is due to practice

It's entirely speculation but I'm going to place his very recent results due to the absence of the former strategy coach who left SlayerS to join a Kespa team (Woongjin I think?)

That coach was with MMA wherever he went, even internationally. I remember seeing him in the booth with MMA at Blizzcon between games and I blamed him for Mvp's loss during those finals :p

fuck zerg
glad I'm not the only one getting tired of watching PvZ and I haven't even kept up with most tournaments (super behind on gsl right now!)

Paches

It's entirely speculation but I'm going to place his very recent results due to the absence of the former strategy coach who left SlayerS to join a Kespa team (Woongjin I think?)

That coach was with MMA wherever he went, even internationally. I remember seeing him in the booth with MMA at Blizzcon between games and I blamed him for Mvp's loss during those finals :p

glad I'm not the only one getting tired of watching PvZ and I haven't even kept up with most tournaments (super behind on gsl right now!)

This is probably the most reasonable theory.

Terran need to stop crying and start coming up with new ways to play. Or just change up Hellion harass a bit. MVP did a lot of damage against a Zerg's 5-6 Queen defense in OSL yesterday. I've been wondering why Terrans don't just build 6 Hellions and speed into a natural, and finally MVP did it. and killed more than 10 drones.

Terran acts like a unit isn't in the game anymore after it's nerfed, whereas the other races simply work on adapting. Oh, Ghosts nerfed? Never building them again!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
And I give up :(

Too tired, lost 4 games in a row. Gonna cut my losses for the future. Damn man. I was 1 game away too. It was a TvT. I did a 3 rax push and he defended it real well with SCV pulls and tanks. Then he countered it a couple minutes later and blew me away. Turned out he was Platinum league. Why it matched me against a platinum before promoting me to gold? I don't know. Bullshit though.

Just did the random drawing and *drum roll* the winner is...
Corran

lol would you look at that! PM me your paypal and I'll get you the 10$ on Friday.

I was one game away man, one fuckin game away lol.

Vaporak

And I give up :(

Too tired, lost 4 games in a row. Gonna cut my losses for the future. Damn man. I was 1 game away too. It was a TvT. I did a 3 rax push and he defended it real well with SCV pulls and tanks. Then he countered it a couple minutes later and blew me away. Turned out he was Platinum league. Why it matched me against a platinum before promoting me to gold? I don't know. Bullshit though.

Just did the random drawing and *drum roll* the winner is...
Corran

lol would you look at that! PM me your paypal and I'll get you the 10$ on Friday.

I was one game away man, one fuckin game away lol.

Don't worry man you'll get there soon if you just keep at it.

Top Bottom