• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

clav

i'm still in practice league, 15 more games to go. What do bout void rays brahs?

I tried marines with stim, doesn't work doe.

When do you find out about the voidrays? When they're at your base?

Voidrays are a very delicate build with hard counters. Mass marines and vikings work great especially with shields and stim.

When do you find out about the voidrays? When they're at your base?

Voidrays are a very delicate build with hard counters. Mass marines and vikings work great especially with shields and stim.

There are rocks so i don't send an SCV to scout. I'd need to use a medivac or viking.

i don't find out about the void rays until they're at my base killing off my scvs/probes.

Also, is it best to stick to one race? I play both Terran and Protoss, and i enjoy both. Someone told me to pick one but i don't want to.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Go Tashi-sama!!!! ♥

clav

There are rocks so i don't send an SCV to scout. I'd need to use a medivac or viking.

i don't find out about the void rays until they're at my base killing off my scvs/probes.

Also, is it best to stick to one race? I play both Terran and Protoss, and i enjoy both. Someone told me to pick one but i don't want to.

Ah the rocks will be gone when you go play real ladder. In fact, just get out of practice league as scouting will be more important.

I would pick one to master macro. Protoss is the easiest one to play because their units have tough shields and high dps, so it's the quickest race to level up to a certain point on ladder.

Ah the rocks will be gone when you go play real ladder. In fact, just get out of practice league as scouting will be more important.

I would pick one to master macro. Protoss is the easiest one to play because their units have tough shields and high dps, so it's the quickest race to level up to a certain point on ladder.

Thanks brah :)

WCS finals had like 55k ish I seem to remember. Not sure about NASL finals :/

Hmmm, I thought they would be closer to 90k tbh.

I guess it's true, we lost a lot of casual crowd between the end of 2011 and the start of 2012.

Time for Phoenixdark to give us the SC2/LoL rundown again.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, where's d3vil nowadays? Anyone know?

zargle

Hmmm, I thought they would be closer to 90k tbh.

I guess it's true, we lost a lot of casual crowd between the end of 2011 and the start of 2012.

Time for Phoenixdark to give us the SC2/LoL rundown again.

How much of that could be accounted to NASL losing all benefits of the doubt after season 1 and 2? It is not exactly the most beloved tournament.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Please tell me you're joking...

TIME TO HIT HIM UP WITH DAT MSN-MESSAGE

Top and bottom.
hLvlO.png

Yoshichan

tL3eJ.gif
Fuck this, I'm outta here!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm playing like shit today. Gonna go play tennis, relax and then play some more tonight. I know I can fuckin do it.

Yoshichan

I'm playing like shit today. Gonna go play tennis, relax and then play some more tonight. I know I can fuckin do it.
Do you have until 31th July?

Yoshichan

lolololololololol I wish. I have like 2 days
Holy tits! What rank are you currently? Have you been winning the majority of the games?

Yoshichan

He played terran.. but he needed something easier, so he went to zerg, but that was still to hard, since protoss is the hardest, his only option was to go to LoL
I agreed up until the last part!

Yoshichan

(._.)

Banned
Well I was 4 just before but then I lost a few games in a row and dropped to 9 :(

Whatever you do don't have somebody level up your account too much. Corran did mine a while ago when I thought I was ready for plat but I really wasn't due to my scouting. silver>gold you may be alright but if you're not being matched with gold a solid 50% of the time you may not be ready.

twofold

Would've expected much more (at least 70k during GF) given than Stephano won instead of just two koreans, also the Day 9 effect but I guess not.

They scheduled the finals far too late for European players to watch which no doubt kept the numbers down. Hopefully they learn next time round and schedule the final games to start earlier than 2am.

I just took a really intense game off a terran player. Probably the closest win i've ever had. He kept coming at me in waves, but i've finally learnt the value of cluttering choke points leading into my base. Once my Colossi showed up with upgrades, his army melted away.

Still in practice league, but feels good man.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I just took a really intense game off a terran player. Probably the closest win i've ever had. He kept coming at me in waves, but i've finally learnt the value of cluttering choke points leading into my base. Once my Colossi showed up with upgrades, his army melted away.

Still in practice league, but feels good man.
Get out of that, it's not the same game at all. Just ladder.

zargle

11 games to go, brah. Working on it.

nono, he's saying dont even play those 11. It really is a different game when you get to ladder. If you are doing the practice games to try and get the feel for it and the mechanics and whatever, you be better served playing against AI, bc then you would at least be playing at the correct speed with the correct maps.

nono, he's saying dont even play those 11. It really is a different game when you get to ladder. If you are doing the practice games to try and get the feel for it and the mechanics and whatever, you be better served playing against AI, bc then you would at least be playing at the correct speed with the correct maps.

I thought i had to play them to get ranked? Cause someone i know got into platinum right away. I'm glad for the practice, playing without pressure is fun. At worst i'll be on ladder by the weekend

zargle

I thought i had to play them to get ranked? Cause someone i know got into platinum right away. I'm glad for the practice, playing without pressure is fun. At worst i'll be on ladder by the weekend

When you start laddering you play 5 games that will rank you. If you do well in those, you may get placed in a higher level.

I don't think the MMA news has anything to do with Jessica per se. Boxer considered MMA his protege and seemed very invested in him becoming a truly great player and leader. But like nearly every GSL winner, MMA's play deteriorated shortly after his big win. GSL winners get a large sum of money, and given how young most are, it's not surprising that they seemingly become relaxed after winning, and decide to start spending the money (sure they buy their parents stuff, but they also clearly spend it on themselves). And while most of the GSL winners rebound eventually, some sooner than others, MMA has pretty much fallen off the map.

We were talking in the NASL thread about his heavy micro/aggression style going out of style as Terran became more macro oriented, and I think that's part of the reason he has fallen off. Another reason is likely due to practice. If he isn't showing the proper determination in practice, I could totally see Boxer attempting to demote him as a means of motivating/shaming him. But apparently it backfired...

I think we're going to see more of this. BW pros practiced under harsher and more concentrated circumstances than most SC2 players. That's not to say SC2 players don't practice, just that they aren't practicing as much as many BW teams do/did. Boxer is obviously from that old school mind set, and has witnessed players on his own former teams work very hard and ultimately reach great heights (iloveoov). I wouldn't be surprised if he is trying to get MMA to that level, but MMA is simply not as motivated.

Joining a foreigner team offers great opportunity while rewarding laziness in many ways; if MMA were to join a major foreigner team, it's very unlikely he would "have" to practice hard, and would instead be flown from tournament to tournament enjoying the thrill of fans and winning money. I fear that if we continue to see moves like this, the Korean scene might begin to protect itself by cooperating less and less with foreign teams/tournaments.

clav

Tashi stop right clicking buildings to attack.

The marines do auto attack if you tell them to stop while moving (S key).

Mairu

I don't think the MMA news has anything to do with Jessica per se. Boxer considered MMA his protege and seemed very invested in him becoming a truly great player and leader. But like nearly every GSL winner, MMA's play deteriorated shortly after his big win. GSL winners get a large sum of money, and given how young most are, it's not surprising that they seemingly become relaxed after winning, and decide to start spending the money (sure they buy their parents stuff, but they also clearly spend it on themselves). And while most of the GSL winners rebound eventually, some sooner than others, MMA has pretty much fallen off the map.

This is bullshit

MMA's first GSL win was November 2011

Since that win, he went on to win another GSL (Blizzard Cup), IEM Kiev, 3rd place IEM World Championships, 4th in IPL4, and most recently another first place with Iron Squid this past May.

Starcraft 2 is not a constant and the only thing we have that's close is Mvp and MC and neither of those players win everything.

edit: 4 SlayerSMun "MMA" Seong-Won $174,715

Top Bottom