• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Its mostly a joke at how they miss out lots of gsl/gstl for other events, i dont think they will actually miss these gsl finals. I expect they wont cast the gstl finals though.
Ok cool, thankyou. Not sure if I could enjoy the finals with wolf casting.

Inb4potentialshitstorm

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yeah you'll need both gases once you go into unit production to make enough tanks/banshee's to do the standard push.

Ahh ok, thanks.

I want to try to incorporate more builds. I feel like the 1-1-1 may be a little more timing strict and might be out of my league. A lot of times if I let a probe or drone into my base and they start causing some havoc, it really fucks up all my timing.

A build I want to try to start doing is to get the 3 CC before I get my 4th and 5th barracks.

Loving the 1 RAX FE though.

Vaporak

Ahh ok, thanks.

I want to try to incorporate more builds. I feel like the 1-1-1 may be a little more timing strict and might be out of my league. A lot of times if I let a probe or drone into my base and they start causing some havoc, it really fucks up all my timing.

A build I want to try to start doing is to get the 3 CC before I get my 4th and 5th barracks.

Loving the 1 RAX FE though.

Incorporating more than one build is good for getting a well rounded sense of how your race works. But if you want to focus on certain strategies, I think Bombers followup to the 1 rax FE, and the 1/1/1 are the two scariest builds that Terrans have in TvP.

Tashi

Incorporating more than one build is good for getting a well rounded sense of how your race works. But if you want to focus on certain strategies, I think Bombers followup to the 1 rax FE, and the 1/1/1 are the two scariest builds that Terrans have in TvP.

Will check it out, thanks.

So far today I've won I believe 5 out of 7 or 8 matches. Doing well. Just played against a scrubby Zerg who talked shit after I beat him. He built tons of mutas so I built tons of marines. I crushed his ass, I'm guessing he didn't have upgrades because I was melting him with my 3-3. Anyway at the end he says, "gj only getting marines" then I messaged him afterwards because I don't let that shit slide, "gj getting mass mutas and doing jack shit with them" lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz what a herb.

edit: Ranked 9 silver now. Highest I've been in Silver I believe.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Will check it out, thanks.

So far today I've won I believe 5 out of 7 or 8 matches. Doing well. Just played against a scrubby Zerg who talked shit after I beat him. He built tons of mutas so I built tons of marines. I crushed his ass, I'm guessing he didn't have upgrades because I was melting him with my 3-3. Anyway at the end he says, "gj only getting marines" then I messaged him afterwards because I don't let that shit slide, "gj getting mass mutas and doing jack shit with them" lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz what a herb.

edit: Ranked 9 silver now. Highest I've been in Silver I believe.
1at all day

Tashi

1at all day

lol I can't wait to get better and beat your ass. Gonna be so sweet!!

Just lost to a toss. Went 1 base tons of stalkers with a couple colossi. Saw it coming but I was too late. Couldn't get vikings or enough shit going in time. Could have done better holding it off (pulled scvs to repair bunkers) Bah

Spl1nter

Nix, Panada, Im thinking about going to the event. A bit hesitant because it seems like there is no bar and it sounds like it will be completely jammed. However, if I do end up coming we are going full out. Signs and shit. We will kill esports.

Nix, Panada, Im thinking about going to the event. A bit hesitant because it seems like there is no bar and it sounds like it will be completely jammed. However, if I do end up coming we are going full out. Signs and shit. We will kill esports.

Want to get t-shirts made? I'm all for this.

Tashi

Any reason why people wait for 300 minerals to throw down 2 rax at once? Sometimes I do that and sometimes I build each as fast as I get the resources.

Ecto311

Any reason why people wait for 300 minerals to throw down 2 rax at once? Sometimes I do that and sometimes I build each as fast as I get the resources.

The only reasoning I can think of is the same reason you do a 6 rax like that. If they scout and don't see much it usually gets them to check for proxy stuff or (if low enough on ladder) just think you arnt making shit yet. Then you either go 3rax or wait into the 700's and do something like TLO's 6rax.

Keikaku

The only reasoning I can think of is the same reason you do a 6 rax like that. If they scout and don't see much it usually gets them to check for proxy stuff or (if low enough on ladder) just think you arnt making shit yet. Then you either go 3rax or wait into the 700's and do something like TLO's 6rax.
Pretty much this. If someone scouts you on 1 rax, with only a Marine or 2, they might assume that you're saving up for an expo while, in actuality, you're throwing down proxy/Maka rax.

I sometimes do wonder if there is a 7 Roach Rush-style element to it though. No-one would ever think of getting 2 Overlords at that time in the 7RR build but it turned out to be the optimal timing.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
July 5th.
Time to partake in worship.

The Ultimate Weapon. TeamLiquid Final Edit

74Ldl.jpg

aFjRq.jpg

DPXt3.png

Snowman

Against zerg I just go FFE then robo. Mostly heavy immortal/gateway units 2 base since most zergs just go heavy roaches atm.

You still got mass roach on the NA server? Seems like at least of the people I play on EU go for the weirder muta/baneling builds now :/

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
hmm Kespa vs GSL players...but might be korean only

KeSPA vs GSL on SC2 Ready Action! by GomTV.com - starting 7/9(Mon)

Korean announcement : http://esports.gomtv.com/gsl/community/view.gom?msgid=32742
Korean SC2 Ready Action VODs: http://ch.gomtv.com/list.gom?ch=4555&intpid=28119&type=3

Format:
Match 1 – KeSPA-based team player A vs E-sports federation or GSTL-based team player C
Match 2 – KeSPA-based team player B vs E-sports federation or GSTL-based team player D
Macth 3 – a winner of Match 1 vs a winner of Match 2

Every match consisted of BO3
Every player will be coming from different team.
a name of the player and team will be revealed on Match 3 but until then, it will be anonymous.

Map pool:
1st week: Entombed Valley, Ohana, Daybreak
I'm not sure this program provides streaming through Gomtv.net. But at least, residents of KR can watch KeSPA vs GSL action every Monday 6:00PM KST in July.
Just hoping that GomTV release the official announcement for English viewers.

**EDIT:
I just played one of the VODs, SC2 ready action! on Gomtv.com. I realize that this program might be accessible from all region(through Gomtv.com), but depends on their production, GomTV may not provide English commentary. We should ask them if they didn't release any announcement for this.
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/w24j2/kespa_vs_gsl_on_sc2_ready_action_by_gomtvcom/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Godlike hype-pictures.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Wore my teamliquid protoss shirt tonight while lighting off fireworks, you know, 'merica stuff. And one of my friends actually knew what it was from. Kinda shocked me lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Wunder

Hello OT5! Get hype for Group D today - DRG and Nestea gonna take out the two last terrans, making it 2 terrans in the ro8, gogo!

Yoshichan

It's okay man, one day you'll get a hug <3
I have my expectations low so that I won't get disappointed... I had my chance once before.

Dreamhack Summer 2011, probably the worst time of my life.

Whatever, not gonna get depressed over this again.

So I have the Homestory cup 5 thread ready to go, any suggestions what the title should be ?

I have this one for now "HomeStory Cup V, An SC2 tournament in a guy's apartment "

Yoshichan

I lead a meeting today that was supposed to be about coaching. I ended up talking about SC2, GSL and showed a couple of Youtube-videos for 35 minutes.

Yeah, I'm godlike.

Yeah, I'm also getting fired soon.

Yeah, I don't care.

Yoshichan

Page 2 my ass.

Yoshichan

Top Bottom