• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Loud fanboys? Did you see some of them posts on the LoL forums? It's rather comedic really. Oh and Blacklight kinda sucks but that's just my opinion.

The official forums for all games are a den of idiots. I played a bit of blacklight, seems like it would be fun with friends.

Incontrol's tweet for people not on twitter:

Incontrol said:
Today MLG announced the end of extended series. It is on the birthday of SC2 we truly get to celebrate the death of Halo. Fitting

zlatko

Banned
I just read his series of tweets. Don't see the big deal. Halo, in its current state with Reach and MLG, is pretty shitty.

Halo 4 luckily is on the horizon and it'll reinvigorate that community big time, unless there is some major fundamental flaws that creep out as time goes on with it.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
LMAO i need to make a gif of that

dYuVz.gif

Also season 2 has seltzer

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I just read his series of tweets. Don't see the big deal. Halo, in its current state with Reach and MLG, is pretty shitty.

Halo 4 luckily is on the horizon and it'll reinvigorate that community big time, unless there is some major fundamental flaws that creep out as time goes on with it.

No one is arguing the competitive Halo scene is pretty much a mess right now. That's a given. The problem is that we didn't need the reminder lol

:(

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
WTF sometimes when I stream, the game runs fine. Other times, (like just now) I fuckin run at like 20fps. Makes no sense.

More people should be watching Vibe's stream, 60fps and on the Korean server
(Panda'am cry)

Yes please

No one is arguing the competitive Halo scene is pretty much a mess right now. That's a given. The problem is that we didn't need the reminder lol

:(

Ignore %90 of the shit Incontrol says, hell ignore %90 of shit that is on twitter.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So apparently that Evil Geniuses league team is just using their name and not actually affiliated with the organization. I smell a C&D coming their way soon.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
1.5 patch gonna be released on my birthday ( this Tuesday). What a fucking terrible present
Why? Whats wrong with 1.5?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
wow i had no idea... this sucks!
im gonna miss korean voice and custom background... why do they do this?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
No more stronger team colors, unit voice changer (bw/korean), custom login/background screen, useing new(better) models, custom decals, custom fonts. I wonder if this will effect sc2gears, prob will... dunno.

yeah like that mod that turns observers into motherships so you can always scan and kill them easy.

Lol that mod is amazing. Obviously it needs to be banned but still cool.

No more stronger team colors, unit voice changer (bw/korean), custom login/background screen, useing new(better) models, custom decals, custom fonts. I wonder if this will effect sc2gears, prob will... dunno.

Seriously? Fuck that, the game looks so much better with it on. That might be enough to make me stop playing. If anything i would have liked to see more tournaments using it, love how it looks (obviously it could be refined more than it is now).

Yoshichan

find the observer:
DdE05.jpg
on the phone cant see the pic but i take it the obs is easy to find! ive never seen anyone use that mod before though...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Lol that mod is amazing. Obviously it needs to be banned but still cool.

Seriously? Fuck that, the game looks so much better with it on. That might be enough to make me stop playing. If anything i would have liked to see more tournaments using it, love how it looks (obviously it could be refined more than it is now).

cant ban one and keep the other, they're both enabled by mpq editing and thats whats changing in 1.5

Ashhong

Do we need to uninstall the mods before patching? I don't want there to be problems and then have my game install become corrupt or something

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Do we need to uninstall the mods before patching? I don't want there to be problems and then have my game install become corrupt or something

no you dont, the way it works is that if starcraft detects an edited mpq, it'll just redownload a fresh copy before booting.

Snow

I think the no mpq mods is a side effect of the new streaming patcher they've implemented for 1.5. Hopefully the new patcher will at least will mean that when I do a clean install of sc2 I don't have to wait for it to download and apply every single patch at a time, which takes ages.

Deadman

There was an interview with dustin browder where he said he really liked the strong colours mod, especially for its accessibility uses (colour blind people etc), so they will probably do something like that eventually.

Yoshichan

do strong colors allow you to see the enemies faster? in that case it should be banned, i agree

Yoshichan

u kidding me? units being much clearer adds a lot to intense micro fights. being able to see exactly where the blings are in a ling/ultra/whatever combo can make it easier. ill ignore the brightness comment cus it has no revelance here, theyre not comparable.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
u kidding me? units being much clearer adds a lot to intense micro fights. being able to see exactly where the blings are in a ling/ultra/whatever combo can make it easier. ill ignore the brightness comment cus it has no revelance here, theyre not comparable.

wat.

Yoshichan

i wouldnt expect a zerg to understand

jk

Top Bottom