• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
As a semi-new Zerg player, what's the most efficient way at holding off a four gate? I've been doing pretty well on ladder, worked my way out of Bronze when I made the switch to Zerg from Terran. I followed FilterSC's videos and am now in top 8 Gold, looking like I'll get to Platinum within the next week or two.

Early Protoss aggression is a problem for me. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
After the queen change you could probably just make queens and be fine. imba.

I don't think it's that much an issue at all in the current meta, just scout at 4:45 for 4 gates, keep lings on the map and creep out so you have more reaction time if it does come.

I'm not the best person to ask at all.

Those number are way down from what they were last year, but the scene in early 2011 and the scene in mid 2012 are completely different. TSL lost a lot of its relevancy with how many big LANs with great production these days.

Online only tournaments have always played second fiddle and if anything that is becoming even more the case now. As you say, there are just so many high quality lans that most people can't be bothered tuning in for a tournament like this.

Also i think in general results from tournaments like this seem to almost be viewed as though they don't matter, which i kinda tend to agree with.

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTyQz3yN-QY&feature=g-all-u

God that looks so cool. MLG NA finals will be so small in comparison :/

...and MLG will somehow fuck it up with their other tournament and we will hear bitching after :p

Looks incredible, would love to be able to attend. We need Swedish GAF to get us some photos/videos :p.

fanboi

Banned
Online only tournaments have always played second fiddle and if anything that is becoming even more the case now. As you say, there are just so many high quality lans that most people can't be bothered tuning in for a tournament like this.

Also i think in general results from tournaments like this seem to almost be viewed as though they don't matter, which i kinda tend to agree with.

Looks incredible, would love to be able to attend. We need Swedish GAF to get us some photos/videos :p.

Hmm... This is something I might go to.

MrKnives, Yoshi, Ksan (more?) lets do a meetup.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That's just straight up mean :(! I want to join!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shouldn't cost more than 500:-!

Yoshichan

Shouldn't cost more than 500
pounds
!

Yoshichan

How do you talk to Finnish people anyway? Hand gestures?

Yoshichan

5 languages is mighty impressive :3!

Yoshichan

How do I vote it up? I have an account.

Yoshichan

go to that page.

see the two arrows next to the reddit icon by the title?
click the up arrow.
Found it! Voted up :3

zlatko

Banned
Found it! Voted up :3

M52gO.jpg

Slightly OT, but this made me think you.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So, I haven't watched proleague in ages. Is anyone following it? If so, how are the Kespa players faring nowadays?

They've been doing alright, they're catching up fast.

I'm personally gonna stop watching GSL until HoTS comes out. No point in putting money down towards something I use as background noise anyway.

Sliver

It's going to be either a Korean team or Fnatic, I'm sure. His deep runs in the GSL and his opinion on training in Korea pretty much guarantees he'll stay in Korea for the foreseeable future.

Deadman

Cant be EG, alex garfield has said previously that he would not work with naniwa. I guess he could have changed his mind since then but i doubt it.

Mairu

Slasher's Twitter said:
Naniwa has provided me a statement, excerpt: "Quantic kept everything they promised me and me to them. I sincerely wish them the best!"
Looking forward to see where Naniwa goes as it seems like he doesn't have a good relationship with the majority of US/EU teams. Maybe he'll just join StarTale?

I can't see him joining a foreigner team where he'll be forced to fly around and play tournaments/promote shit. Therefore EG seems unlikely to me personally. Naniwa doesn't give a shit about selling keyboards and headsets.

But then again, joining a foreigner team that has a deal with a Korean team would make sense, given the language issue.

Snowman

Guess we know where he headed

"We are happy to be onboard on this growing sensation that is esports. Back in 1999 when ICA was first formed we never had any plans of sponsoring something like this but it is obvious to us now the internet is where the eyes are at and we are thrilled to learn more about this.
We hope to provide the players the best diet possible and try get all our special offers on falukorv out there that everyone can buy. On top of that we are branching outside Sweden and will soon open an online-service where you can get home delivered products from ICA no matter where you live. - Bosse, owner of ICA"

:p

Top Bottom