• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

J2d

Sase and Naniwa had been friends for some time before him joining Quantic right? I hope things works out for him but I'm pretty surprised that he even gets offers now.

zargle

Sase and Naniwa had been friends for some time before him joining Quantic right? I hope things works out for him but I'm pretty surprised that he even gets offers now.

Talent finds a place. He has performed well on big platforms, someone will want to get their name on that.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Dear GOMTV.net users,

The 2012 GSL Season 3 and GSTL Season 2 Grand Finals have concluded this past weekend. We would like to thank everyone for their support and hope that you have enjoyed the show!

We will be back with more exciting StarCraft II action soon, as the WCS Korean National Finals will be airing for 3 weeks, starting on August 6th. New seasons of the GSL and GSTL will also be back shortly after the WCS event.

But wait, does that mean we will have to suffer through one week without our daily dose of GSL action? Don't worry! As a thank you for all of your loyal support, we will be releasing the VODs of the first four seasons of 2011 for free, for your viewing pleasure.

(Free from 07/31) 2011 Sony Ericsson Global StarCraft II League Jan.
(Free from 08/01) 2011 Global StarCraft II Team League Feb.
(Free from 08/02) 2011 2nd Generation Intel Core GSL Mar.
(Free from 08/03) 2011 Global StarCraft II Team League Mar.

We will release one season per day at 11:00 KST, starting with the 2011 GSL January on Tuesday, July 31st.
For a spoiler-free experience, make sure that you have the 'hide match-up' option enabled on our schedule page before you click any of the links above.

Be sure to relive the epic clashes of these raw and early days of StarCraft II:
- The first ever Code S and Code A, introduced during the 2011 GSL January.
- The absolutely epic first two GSTLs, February and March, whose finals are among the most viewed VODs on GOMTV.net to this day.
- GSL March, which for the first time had no Terran players in the finals and stands as a milestone in GSL history.

These leagues have set the stage for the players and teams that now have become legends. Enjoy the free VODs!

Thank you.
GOMTV.net

Some free 2011 SC2. Late but cool they are continuing to release their older seasons for free finally.

edit: Have I mentioned lately how much I hate the own3d volume control?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
M52gO.jpg

Slightly OT, but this made me think you.
This is brilliant

Vaporak

Decided to watch proleague today, and found out Bisu is 0-6 in SC2. ;_;
At this point I have to guess that his team is only sending him out for SC2 matches so that he can play BW and get the team wins there.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bisu should just switch to zerg. His playstyle isn't fitting for toss in SC2

K-19

Banned
Question: How is it possible to have a game plan when you begin a game? I mean, when you scoot your opponent you must adapt your bo on what he is doing, no? How do you proceed?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Question: How is it possible to have a game plan when you begin a game? I mean, when you scoot your opponent you must adapt your bo on what he is doing, no? How do you proceed?

when your just beginning anything your opponent doing is so horrifyingly bad that you either will be completely incapable of making sense of it [ie rushing dt and then going fats mothership with an all dt army] or [and this is true 100% of the time] will just straight up die to any proper build.

so the real goal of the new comer should be to pick something simple and attempt to do it as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

Which race are you?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

perfect.

build an overlord at 9 drones.
an extractor at 14 drones.
a pool at 14 drones.
zergling speed and a queen when your pool finishes.
a hatchery at 21 drones.

don't get supply blocked until 36.

that would be the go to zerg training wheels build.

14/14 is a great build hampered only by being over conservative; so the game is in finding ways to cut corners as the game goes on while still having the benefit of being able to build early lings and having zergling speed in time to defend your typical aggressions. ie: stim timings, 4gates, etc.

So the game is in starting with the 14/14, picking a game plan [building lots of mutas, fast infestors, roach/ling timing, etc] and then tweaking the build to survive to that point and finding ways to get their faster.

--------------------------------

zerg being billed as a 'reactionary race' can be somewhat misleading for newer players, because it's less that you are reacting and more that you are predicting/opening up options. I feel it's an important distinction because most zerg units have upgrades that are essentially required for those units to fulfil their function as counters. zerglings without speed are many times weaker than zerglings with speed, the same applies to roaches and their speed upgrade and to a lesser extent burrow, same for hydra, infestors and to ultras. banelings may not always need their speed upgrade, but they typically do need some form of support framework established beforehand. good creep, ovies with drop, burrow, etc.

in most cases you're better off to pick a route to your tech that fleshes out one of your early units on the way because even if you pick poorly, you'll still end up doing better than being caught with your 'counter' units in their most basic form.

so for an example game vs terran, you would say to yourself:

I want to go mutalisks.

I will open 14/14 and survive with my speedlings.
i will find out if he is building lots of hellions.
if he is not, i will defend with zerglings and banelings until i have my mutas.

K-19

Banned
So I should make a drone before or after the pool after the extractor? Usually I make 13 extractor, then I wait for 200 min and go for the pool.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
So I should make a drone before or after the pool after the extractor? Usually I make 13 extractor, then I wait for 200 min and go for the pool.
the difference is very small, you get like 15 minerals slightly faster if you drone between gas and pool.

the way i see it is there's no real way to get punished for taking the drone first, so why not take the drone.

Zen

Banned
Taken from Blizzard site at 10PM EST. GM representation by Race.

Code:
NA

80[B]Z[/B] 40.8%
60[B]P[/B] 30.6%
53[B]T[/B] 27.1%
3 [B]R[/B]  1.5%

KR

69[B]Z[/B] 34.9%
68[B]P[/B] 34.3%
60[B]T[/B] 30.3%
1 [B]R[/B]  0.5%

EU

79[B]Z[/B] 39.7%
83[B]P[/B] 41.7%
36[B]T[/B] 18.1%
1 [B]R[/B]  0.5%

SEA 

69[B]P[/B] 36.1%
68[B]Z[/B] 35.6%
50[B]T[/B] 26.2%
4 [B]R[/B]  2.1%

CN

88[B]P[/B] 44.0%
59[B]Z[/B] 29.5%
45[B]T[/B] 22.5%
8 [B]R[/B]  4.0%

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

banshees can do that, its an achievable and everything.
It should be easier to perform but battle.net lag makes it harder than it should be.

Top Bottom