• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I had a serious 'Wait is that really?- yep' moment. Are you like the only person who makes starcraft gifs? :p

Ive made alot of gifs for sc2 and regular sports. I dont make that much right now though.

Its like the only gif that people dont rehost and just leech off me though. Like every other one people rehost on imgur.

edit: oh shit terran buff
When orbital commands are in the same command group as planetary fortresses you do not need to press tab to build scvs on them.
Before if command group contained orbital commands and planetary fortresses only the orbital command would be ordered to make scvs. Terran players would need to press tab or select the planetary's separately to build scvs with them.
Cheers :)

Corran Horn

Yep...Bandwidth spiked on my server at a certain time...I wonder what happened.

uR4gh.png

Zzoram

How long did it take you guys to have your SC2 reconfigured for patch 1.5? Mine's been going like 5 minutes and is still at 0%.

Holden

How long did it take you guys to have your SC2 reconfigured for patch 1.5? Mine's been going like 5 minutes and is still at 0%.

mine took a while, i just left it alone for like 20-30 (maybe more?) and i just heard a really loud noise to tell me it was done

Zzoram

Taeja is definitely Liquid's ace, but Hero might be able to get some wins. Heck, even Ret or Zenio could be used as a sniper and maybe get one win.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy patch Batman!

New patcher screen, this looks amazing... I AM SO HYPED. FEELS LIKE HOTS

edit: I hope to fuck everything's saved btw... mouse sensitivity, all keyboard bindings, everything.

Corran Horn

Wait...what are you guys watching? I thought Slayers lost to an all kill by gumiho the other day? And the only team tourneys I know of now are Slayers vs Liquid in SF, but you guys say IM..

So confused.

We are talking about IPL team league. You are thinking about GSL team league

Holden

Holy patch Batman!

New patcher screen, this looks amazing... I AM SO HYPED. FEELS LIKE HOTS

edit: I hope to fuck everything's saved btw... mouse sensitivity, all keyboard bindings, everything.

i thought u stoped being hyped for blizzard games brah;

cause there is no reason why to be hyped for an other blizz game lol;

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i thought u stoped being hyped for blizzard games brah;

cause there is no reason why to be hyped for an other blizz game lol;
There's no such thing as "no hype" for Yoshi. I just stopped being "Super duper ultra insanely hyped" for games (D3-levels of hype). It has nothing to do with Blizzard-games though :3

edit: Also, my hype for HotS is reaching critical mass. It's almost 50% of my D3-hype, which should say a lot ♥

Played a couple games, won them both. One was a ZvT where I realized the Queen range buff was gone - hm, is that just a bug or did they truly remove it? I could have sworn I read this patch had no balance changes

mackaveli

Played a couple games, won them both. One was a ZvT where I realized the Queen range buff was gone - hm, is that just a bug or did they truly remove it? I could have sworn I read this patch had no balance changes

Custom or ladder?

Custom games are buggy where none of the patch changes are in effect I believe.

Ladder games should have the Queen buff.

Also, anyone notice APM changed? I'm getting over 200+ clicks at the start, (Spamming), but APM would only be <100 pre patch.

Not doing anything differently.

Also, I'm in Diamond, and I rarely see Terran. All I play are PvZ most of the time or PvP.

PvZ, I get a lot of 6 - 10 pools etc.,. I can handle it fine but it's annoying.

PvP is boring and I either just leave or proxy 2 gate on 8 on 1v1 map and if its a 4 player map I will try and expand but usually lose to 1 base all ins.

PvT I am pretty good at and like playing this match up the best.

How do I get into Masters league?

And just curious how is Playhem and how do you sign up? I tried looking on the website and team liquid and I had no idea where to go. Is the competition usually master+ players? Or are there some Plat / Diamond so I can see how I do?

Zzoram

Terran has always been the least played race because it's so difficult even at low levels due to having the highest APM requirement. Pretty much for the entire life of the game, Korea is the only server that had a similar number of Terrans to other races. Korea is also pretty much the only place that produces good Terrans, only Thorzain and Kas are consistent outside Korea.

All the Terran nerfs have only made it even more difficult for the already struggling Terrans.

Custom or ladder?

Also, anyone notice APM changed? I'm getting over 200+ clicks at the start, (Spamming), but APM would only be <100 pre patch.

Also, I'm in Diamond, and I rarely see Terran. All I play are PvZ most of the time or PvP.

PvP is boring and I either just leave or proxy 2 gate on 8 on 1v1 map and if its a 4 player map I will try and expand but usually lose to 1 base all ins.

And just curious how is Playhem and how do you sign up? I tried looking on the website and team liquid and I had no idea where to go. Is the competition usually master+ players? Or are there some Plat / Diamond so I can see how I do?

Custom (ZvT). The ladder game I played was ZvZ, and I didn't notice Queens using the range attack either - but perhaps I wasn't paying attention

Holden

Custom or ladder?

grinding

Yoshichan

2 interesting screenshots about view range

before:

after:
On my phone... can't see the pics. Can you explain the changes?

Holden

On my phone... can't see the pics. Can you explain the changes?

before, at the end of the view range it shades out so you cant really tell where it ends. But in the new patch you can clearly see your max view range. Fog of war is slightly darker as well.

Yoshichan

Wow, that's amazingly awesome! GJ Blizzard :3

Yoshichan

Let's go with something expensive as fuck, 'cuz we rich like that.

(Vi kör på något billigt!)

Yoshichan

Was 1.5 in PTR?

Yoshichan

Sounds good! When is it?

Yoshichan

i dunno if it counts as a PTR but ya it did have testing for quite a while too... So that's why i'm so confused why there are so many bugs --;
Really odd ._.

Terran has always been the least played race because it's so difficult even at low levels due to having the highest APM requirement. Pretty much for the entire life of the game, Korea is the only server that had a similar number of Terrans to other races. Korea is also pretty much the only place that produces good Terrans, only Thorzain and Kas are consistent outside Korea.

All the Terran nerfs have only made it even more difficult for the already struggling Terrans.

That isn't even remotely close to being true :/. Also maybe my games are atypical but i've played against lots of plat/diamond/masters players and race seems to correlate very little with APM.

Top Bottom