• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

tci

The 1.5 update fucked up my installation. The game switched locale, and the fix from Blizzard doesn't work. Have been trying to fix this for 3 hours now.

No SC for me for about 2 weeks then. Have a terrible connection here, so downloading the client again will take too long. And some have reported that doesn't even work.

Ecto311

Started playing 1v1 again after switching from terran to zerg. Got tired of losing 2v2 with shitty partners or my play lacking. Was dropped to silver after going nuts one night and just quitting a lot of games. First win on ladder as zerg and I get back into gold from silver 35.

Screenshot2012-08-01%252020_43_39.jpg

I used the advice from pandaman on post 1926. Seemed to work well so far. I also like the audiobuild for stephanos 11min max roach but it sucks when you have nothing but queens that shoot up. Used to making marines and still have the muscle memory of playing terran for the grid setup of hot keys. But learning.

Thing I find really nice (if you are zerg and frustrating as shit if you are another race) is you can build production facilities and not use them. I can get down a roach warren and if he counters.. who cares I shit out another facility and tech switch like no ones business. I feel like my macro was good but my play style was more zerg like than terran. I never was positioning or even making tanks. I played over 5k games as terran and maxed at high gold. Hopefully I can get a bit higher as zerg.

Insaniac

anybody know why my friend and I can't talk to each other normally in game on a 2v2 AI game? we have to use /msg to whisper to see our messages

(._.)

Banned
game laggy as fuck. on the plus side I'm starting to understand how to play PvT. I think I like doing 1gate fe more. just have to scout a bit more and make sure you macro properly.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Also WCS Korea Brackets
20120802_cdac701d4fd447d6d4cacbac59a5f355.jpg

August 6th
Miya vs IMhorror
Curious vs By.Sun
PartinG vs sC
Jaedong vs aLive

August 7th
Polt vs IMmvp
TAiLS vs Happy
CoCa vs Seed
GuMiho vs Neo.G_Soulkey

August 8th
Creator vs DongRaeGu
EffOrt vs Liquid`HerO
herO[jOin] vs Puzzle
YuGiOh vs Reality

August 9th
dreamertt vs Genius
Squirtle vs BBoongBBoong
RorO vs Hack
Leenock vs MC

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Its crazy that this tournament will last basically a month while all the other Nation qualifiers were 1-2 day events.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh fuck yeah, I can change back to the old low graphics again :D

Want the old mode back?

To restore the old mode for "low", change the Starcraft graphic option to "low", apply the change, then close Starcraft. Go to your documents folder and open the "Starcraft II" subfolder and edit "Variables.txt". The new low mode is active with the line

alternateLowTextures=1

To restore the old mode, set it to 0 (zero).

No more of this bullshit, thank God:

Edit: All I want to change now is the new fog of war...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh and if anybody used patrol to split their marines, it no longer works lolollolol
It was a gimmick, used only in super specific situations.

Majine

Banned
I think they are putting too much effort on the arcade in relation to how many good games there actually are. My first initial thought was, oh, well Aiur Chef has been out for awhile. So has Starjeweled. And...

Oh well, hope this means an increasing amount of good games coming.

Deadman

Huk signed for another year with EG apparently. Also he just lost 3-2 to Naama at asus rog summer 2012.

Taeja vs Idra is on stream 1 next, Moon vs Bischu on stream 2 next

This tournament format is excellent. Its gsl except the groups are bo5 not bo3.

Yoshichan

Yeah I can't wait to try some of these mods out :3 They're finally getting some attention!

Yoshichan

Srly, he fucked up with his infest. God!

Nice map with the third gas, are they enhanced ones?
IdrA hates infestors. Why does he keep using them if he a moves with them all the time?

K-19

Banned
IdrA hates infestors. Why does he keep using them if he a moves with them all the time?

I think generally zerg players hate mana units, but infest are so helpful to optimize a zerg army power that it is such a slops what he've done.

EDIT: Did he rage quite? C'mon

V_Arnold

*did not see a single Idra game in the past half year*
*sees Idra kinda winning, then gg-ing*

HELL YEAH!

Nothing has changed at all, right?

Yoshichan

What are the icons supposed to be?

Terran - Ghost
Zerg - ?
Protoss - ?

Huk loses and is out of the tournament.

EG should've sold his contract to I7, vVv or some shit while its still "perceived" high and bought Stephano instead.

Yoshichan

For reference:

OY60l.png

Yoshichan

Hazaro, check your PMs!

edit: why would they choose changeling for the zerg unit ._. Blizzard really has no clue...

Holden

Wait so, blizzard still hasn't done anything? poor RoG ( especially zerg players ) lolol

and apparently it affected one of idra's game vs taeja lolol, blizzard just doesn't give a single fuck about anything, do they?

Yoshichan

What haven't they fixed? Queens are still 5 range in my client ._.?

Deadman

Wait so, blizzard still hasn't done anything? poor RoG ( especially zerg players ) lolol

and apparently it affected one of idra's game vs taeja lolol, blizzard just doesn't give a single fuck about anything, do they?

We just need valve to make an rts so we can forget about blizzard.

Holden

We just need valve to make an rts so we can forget about blizzard.

b-b-but dota is an rts :)
"moba" makes no sense

but ya valve released a content patch last thursday, pretty sure there were also 4 bug fixes patches the same day....

Top Bottom