• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Who is our new nerd messiah to lead us to diamond league then? :(
To reach diamond, all you gotta do is have passion for the game. In order to get lots of passion, watch videos of Tasteless casting games!

Zzoram

Jangbi just did a PvZ scout rush into win.

His scout got 4 drone kills lolol.

He's already won Broodwar so I guess he was kinda dicking around in BW PL and somehow won.

Vaporak

Jangbi just did a PvZ scout rush into win.

His scout got 4 drone kills lolol.

He's already won Broodwar so I guess he was kinda dicking around in BW PL and somehow won.

Yeah I was watching that to. I nearly loled when I saw he was doing a 1 base scout build.

How has Jangbi looked at SC2? I haven't seen him play

also was Flash at the OSL last night? I saw a lot of classic/current players on stage but don't remember seeing him. I'd imagine he was rather bummed, naturally

Vaporak

How has Jangbi looked at SC2? I haven't seen him play

also was Flash at the OSL last night? I saw a lot of classic/current players on stage but don't remember seeing him. I'd imagine he was rather bummed, naturally

I'm pretty sure Jangbi is one of the better Kespa players at this point.

Holden

c09Oj.jpg

Panda, you got some shit against france?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What's going on?

Yoshichan

Infestors should spit out infested terran when you A-move.

Yoshichan

Like dark templar should cast storm when you A-move x)
That is genius!

We should totally sign up for the balance team recruitment :3

Yoshichan

battlecruisers should lose energy when it attacks.
Terran doesn't need more buffs and that's clearly a buff. High templars wouldn't be able to feedback them anymore!

Yoshichan

Queens should be able to be mounted by an Ultralisk and when the queen give birth they release the GRACKEN
Instantly defeats thy enemy

Yoshichan

If I download this:

StarCraft II®: Wings of Liberty
(Starter Edition)
North America (NA)

Can I play with people who uses the full game on NA?

Yoshichan

So people are shitting on Day9 for what reasons, exactly?
The only issue I've got with the guy is that he's not a good caster. What he describes in 10 minutes, Artosis could explain in 10 seconds.

But that's pretty much it. I don't have anything personal against him.

Fuchsdh

Ok then, what are y'all's picks for good casters (aside from Artosis)?

I honestly don't watch that many casted games and I find Day9 much less dull than Wheat or HD, less annoying than Husky, etc, so I don't really know how many people are out doing it.

Yoshichan

I honestly don't watch that many casted games and I find Day9 much less dull than Wheat or HD, less annoying than Husky, etc, so I don't really know how many people are out doing it.
I like the Khaldor + Wolf and the Tastosis-combo.

And djwheat isn't bad either.

God-tier: Tastosis
Good-tier: Khaldor, Apollo, Wolf
Mid-tier: djwheat, TLO
Bottom-tier: Day9
Shit-tier: Totalbiscuit, Husky

edit: Added TLO to the list ♥

Tastosis is the best. Khaldor + apollo/wolf is also good. Bitterdam is also good imo. I actually think incontrol is a great caster, his work with Khaldor in particular was really fun. I've probably enjoyed some of his casts more than any besides tastosis.

Yoshichan

Oh, I forgot about TLO! I think he's an okay caster :3

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
So people are shitting on Day9 for what reasons, exactly?
He is painted as this very analytical caster of sc2 yet anyone who knows the game well enough knows he isn't that. Not sure how much of that is his fault with his branding of day9 or the community expectations from the old days.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
luna tier: bitterdam, artosis
pegasus tier: khaldor, wolf, apollo, catspajamas
unicorn tier: frodan, totalbiscuit, incontrol
dirt pony tier: husky, orb, JP, dywheat, day9
applejack tier: doa, moletrap, tasteless, kellymilkies, painuser

Zzoram

All the pro gamers recognize Artosis to be the best analytical caster, and Tastetosis to be a great combo because they are funny and they were the pioneers of casting.

Yoshichan

Panda, why do you think Luna is the best pony?

Yoshichan

But I always thought you were against the good guys ._.

Yoshichan

Mengsk never represented terran... Terran are the good guys, zerg are bad guys, protoss are netural ._.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Mengsk never represented terran... Terran are the good guys, zerg are bad guys, protoss are netural ._.
whose gonna be the ones putting mengsk down? oh right, the zerg.
who stopped the ued? oh right, the zerg.
who stopped the formation of a second overmind? oh yeah, the zerg.
who knew about and was trying to stop the hybrids since day 1? oh yeah, the zerg.
who put down the xel naga in the first place? zerg again!

Yoshichan

Let's continue this when HotS comes out.

Won

Actual casters? Artosis, Apollo, Rotterdam. Khaldor improved a lot. Wolf is good too.
Unsuccessful players turned casters? TLO, Grubby, EG.

Well maybe not Grubby. He can be a pretty good player.

Apollo and Artosis are by far the best casters currently.

They can cast with anyone without too much fraction and they actually know and play the game, not pretending to be some high level analytical caster while doing nothing but funday Mondays and monobattles.

Rotterdam is great as well, Bitter, not so much.

Top Bottom