• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Watching Koreans play LoL makes it feel like a whole new game. They play so aggressively and risky. Way more fun than the European and Western teams.

An image of day9 doing what he does best? Awesome.

The money laugh.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
60306.jpg

Tonight! About 12 hours away.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'll be at work... fuck me.

My problem - or well, one of my problems - with Day9's casting is that he seems more invested in a narrative style of casting, where there's less analysis and more focus on small things that more often than not don't matter. It reminds me of the typical stuff you see on ESPN where analysis takes a back seat to "he just wanted it more/he played harder/etc" style nonsensical statements.

Even when he does do super analysis he finds a way to focus on puzzling stuff. But in terms of his understanding of the game, he can't really be questioned. I'd also argue he understands zerg more than Artosis, who still gets thrown off by basic timings

I'm up to having 5 observers on the map at a time against terran, i feel like this may be overkill but if fels so good being able to see everything.....

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm up to having 5 observers on the map at a time against terran, i feel like this may be overkill but if fels so good being able to see everything.....
And then, protoss complains that they don't have enough scouting methods.

Fucking protoss.

Yoshichan

It's not like terran can stop protoss from winning even if they get a money-scan.

edit: :3

Yoshichan

Well i don't really build collosus so i'm giving you a slight advantage >.>.
That's awesomely kind of you ♥

But you do make High Templars right :(? They're really the bane of my existance because of my top 1000000000000000000000 ghost control

That's awesomely kind of you ♥

But you do make High Templars right :(? They're really the bane of my existance because of my top 1000000000000000000000 ghost control

I make a shit ton of them. My last game i had like 12-14 HT's at one point and there were just storms flying everywhere (terrible quality game though, i'd post the replay but i only know how to use drop.sc which is down).

Yoshichan

K-19

Banned
Day9 is maybe one of the bottom-tier caster, but I think I'd enjoy listen to him more than the guy who is casting on esltv_sc2 right now x.x

Yoshichan

Who's casting? Can't check from here.

Yoshichan

Oh, I've spent countless of hours looking at the pictures in that site :3. I've bought several pieces from them... the only thing I dislike is the $55 shipping.

But at least it's fast!

Tobe

holy shit im jumping back to sc2, played for the first 2 seasons. Watching the osl got me hype. btw what are the new builds for toss? what is the current meta?

noob sc2 gaf HELP!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
holy shit im jumping back to sc2, played for the first 2 seasons. Watching the osl got me hype. btw what are the new builds for toss? what is the current meta?

noob sc2 gaf HELP!

PvZ: forge expand
PvT: forge expand
PvP: 4gate

Yoshichan

It's funny, because it's the truth. Well, PvT forge expand loses to (good controlled) marine-scv-all-ins but that's pretty much it.

I don't want to drag down your hype, but the protoss meta game is a shit-fest right now.

edit: Also, if your PvPs somehow get to lategame, this is the chart you should follow:

eipuM.png

Tobe

It's funny, because it's the truth. Well, PvT forge expand loses to (good controlled) marine-scv-all-ins but that's pretty much it.

I don't want to drag down your hype, but the protoss meta game is a shit-fest right now.

edit: Also, if your PvPs somehow get to lategame, this is the chart you should follow:

eipuM.png

damn, so pretty much nothing has changed, good ole defensive strat againts offensive terran and zerg. mid game push with robo/star tech depending on what it is scouted.

pvp: the best cheese wins?

Yoshichan

pvp: the best cheese wins?
There's a 90% chance that you'll win if you perform a (fairly easy) cannon-cheese (behind the mineral-line) on Daybreak. No one on ladder plays a macro PvP on that map, so expect the previous mentioned "strat" or proxy 2gate.

edit: Oh, and you can defend proxy 2gate if you cannon rush as-well. One cannon in the middle of your mineral fields should be fine, as long as you protect it with your probes.

Holden

euh i dunno what league you are but i do

pvp: sase build
pvt: forgefast expand and what yoshi said isn't true, this completly counters marine allins really easily ( i have yet to lose to it even though it happens A LOT.)
pvz: forgefast expand into 6 minutish 3rd expansion.

zargle

euh i dunno what league you are but i do

pvp: sase build
pvt: forgefast expand and what yoshi said isn't true, this completly counters marine allins really easily ( i have yet to lose to it even though it happens A LOT.)
pvz: forgefast expand into 6 minutish 3rd expansion.

The only time i have lost using pvt forge fast expand was today and it was because i move commanded into his advancing army.

mackaveli

PvT - Why is forge fast expand good? None of the pros do it but it's good in ladder?? I haven't done that build yet.

I usually just do 1 gate and get 1 zealot and rush his base and harass expo or try and kill marines, and build 2 stalkers with this. Usually, the pressure works if there is no bunker and they GG, if they have a bunker, I than throw up the nexus and then go into the mid game with colossus and then try and get a 3rd etc.,

Is forge expand good? Should I try and do this? What is the build order like?

I'm in diamond btw.

PvT - Why is forge fast expand good? None of the pros do it but it's good in ladder?? I haven't done that build yet.

I usually just do 1 gate and get 1 zealot and rush his base and harass expo or try and kill marines, and build 2 stalkers with this. Usually, the pressure works if there is no bunker and they GG, if they have a bunker, I than throw up the nexus and then go into the mid game with colossus and then try and get a 3rd etc.,

Is forge expand good? Should I try and do this? What is the build order like?

I'm in diamond btw.
http://drop.sc/227011
Here's me beating dignitas select with FFE PvT

Top Bottom