• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

They buffed the queen and overlord even though Zerg was even or slightly favored in the months during and before that, which I guess is you're right Blizzard man, Blizzard.

Nice to see them finally address the Raven, although I wish they would've done the whole overbuff them to force people to use them and nerf them later a la Infestors and Warp Prisms.

They buffed the queen and overlord even though Zerg was even or slightly favored in the months during and before that, which I guess is you're right Blizzard man, Blizzard.

Nice to see them finally address the Raven, although I wish they would've done the whole overbuff them to force people to use them and nerf them later a la Infestors and Warp Prisms.

Warp prisms were never nerfed they were only buffed once. But I agree with what youre saying. I think a +1 range buff on seeker missile would be in order. (Or make hi sec auto tracking up the range on it by 1.)

Who gives a shit about a stat like (7 out of the past 8 months) should we bring up stats from open season 1 as well ?

Zerg looked pretty even in April and March.

Edit: I was surprised to know that it was actually in May tbh, felt like it was in mid June or something.

Deadman

Zlt5S.jpg

Its kind of like the ghost emp radius change. It sounds like a small one but when you look at areas instead of radii its quite big.

One tumour vision is now 64 instead of 100, area of creep is now 32 instead of 50.

There's no excuse for Terrans not building Ravens, regardless of it being slow. It's so easy to destroy creep quickly before Mutas arrive

zargle

Its kind of like the ghost emp radius change. It sounds like a small one but when you look at areas instead of radii its quite big.

One tumour vision is now 64 instead of 100, area of creep is now 32 instead of 50.

So, to get the same level of creep spread as they currently do now, the zerg will have to push more tumors overall, correct? Won't this make a terran have to burn more scans to clean it all up? The raven change will help a little bit with this I guess.

So, to get the same level of creep spread as they currently do now, the zerg will have to push more tumors overall, correct? Won't this make a terran have to burn more scans to clean it all up? The raven change will help a little bit with this I guess.

For reference raven is now faster than infestors and same speed as medivacs now.

Ashhong

More tumors, but same area. Terrans won't have to travel as far between tumors, but there will be more in an area so it might balance itself out.

Scans are used to figure out army positioning unless you want your entire army to die because your shit wasn't segied, ravens won't help in that.

Also, "terrans need to build more ravens" is high up there on the list of stuff that sounds too powerful but they're actually not, "just build more nydus worms" when zerg was dying to 2 base protoss.

zargle

Building one Raven would save what, 4-6 stupid scans a game if not more? It really makes no sense. I guess chalk it up as Terrans not wanting to build anything that isn't OP

I think I remember some caster relaying the opinion from players that they wanted to use the scans instead of the raven simply because it let them see ahead of them and how far they could stretch ahead, whereas the raven could not, especially as it was slow.

Edit: or basically what Thunder just said.

wait, you play protoss.

I'm ok with this zerg nerf because it affects toss allin's.

this raven buff doesn't do shit for PvT

So overall I'm ok with this.

Maybe if blizz helps PvP out we might be in for something amazing. Allow us to use nexus energy as a shield battery or some shit.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Building one Raven would save what, 4-6 stupid scans a game if not more? It really makes no sense. I guess chalk it up as Terrans not wanting to build anything that isn't OP
Terrans always have like 4+ scans ready since their macro is horrible. Queue it up like the all Terran

Striek

I would say fix infestors in TvZ well before creep, but honestly most terrans are stubborn against getting ghosts for no good reason and we just saw Gumiho dominate with them. Taeja just splits MMM like a boss against them too. Terrans are figuring this shit out on their own.

Well controlled ravens have made for some pretty goddamn one-sided maxed-out fights in TvZ as well, so a buff to help terran clear creep might just be a buff to help them blow up the zerg army without the zerg being able to do shit about it.

I honestly think Blizz just needs to leave the game alone. People can and do figure this out on their own.

Zzoram

New UI takes a bit of getting used to but looks nice I guess.

In-game UI has been tweaked a bit. Gateways are highlighted differently now when on cooldown than before.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
New UI takes a bit of getting used to but looks nice I guess.

In-game UI has been tweaked a bit. Gateways are highlighted differently now when on cooldown than before.

I think its cooldowns in general because creep icon looks kinda like that too. Didnt checked out other stuff yet though.

Zzoram

Why is CTRL+ALT+F the fps command when in Diablo 3 it's CTRL+R? The GPU temp sensor is broken because it just reads 0 C.

Why can't they be consistent with anything?

(._.)

Banned
got matched with 3 diamond zergs in a row :D

1st I totally owned

2nd did a bane all in that I would of held but I got cocky and didn't bite the bullet with the extra cannons. his attack was mad late so I thought my gates would be done in time. FUCK I'm a little salty about that game.

3rd one totally owned me :\

I agree buffing Ravens too much could just lead to late game (maybe even mid game) TvZ problems. Overall this strikes me as one of the biggest problems with Blizzard's approach to the game. If people aren't using a unit they clearly should be using, that is NOT an issue of balance: it's an issue of laziness and stupidity. Same with the Warp Prism. Sure it was a bit slow and very easy to kill, but Hero and White-Ra were showing how useful it could be long before the buff. But there aren't any inventive Terrans out there playing around with Ravens consistently. I saw a Terran use on last GSL, can't remember who, but it was pretty damn good.

Flash was doing some impressive creep killing early in proleague, and I definitely think adding a Raven to that style would make sense; especially against greedy zergs.

The Terran reaction to the Ghost nerf told me everything I need to know about them. All of a sudden no one was using them, no one was experimenting, no nothing. Meanwhile Guhimo just kicked some ass with a bunch of Ghosts.

Hell, Hellions. MVP and a few others have started using them again to great effect. Contrary to the assumed Terran logic, ranged Queens still can struggle against massive Hellion harass.

Zzoram

A tiny Raven speed boost isn't going to suddenly break the game but it might get Terrans to finally make some of them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
For reference raven is now faster than infestors and same speed as medivacs now.
Excellent. This is something Ravens should've been 2 years ago.

fanboi

Banned
I would say fix infestors in TvZ well before creep, but honestly most terrans are stubborn against getting ghosts for no good reason and we just saw Gumiho dominate with them. Taeja just splits MMM like a boss against them too. Terrans are figuring this shit out on their own.

Well controlled ravens have made for some pretty goddamn one-sided maxed-out fights in TvZ as well, so a buff to help terran clear creep might just be a buff to help them blow up the zerg army without the zerg being able to do shit about it.

I honestly think Blizz just needs to leave the game alone. People can and do figure this out on their own.

If you are saying this since the game is balanced now I agree.

If you are saying this since blizz don't know how to balance I say you are totally wrong (watch latest winrate).

Top Bottom