• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
beta within the next 3 months, yes or no

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
This was like a week ago or so
atvi-q2-2012c.jpg

SOON.... -.-''

Deadman

I cant see them starting a beta before the next wow expansion, or even in the couple of months after that. I think early 2013 is our best hope.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh, Blizzard :_:

I cant see them starting a beta before the next wow expansion, or even in the couple of months after that. I think early 2013 is our best hope.

Why not? The games are being worked on by two separate teams, and it's unlikely one will take away from the other.

IMO I think the beta will release in October, with the game launching spring 2013

In the latest WoW patch notes, they've added an achievement for getting the SCII Heart of the Swarm Collector's Edition and noted that it comes with a Baneling pet!

Yoshichan

In the latest WoW patch notes, they've added an achievement for getting the SCII Heart of the Swarm Collector's Edition and noted that it comes with a Baneling pet!
:D Awesome!

Deadman

Well if so then it will be released at the end of 2013 or beginning of 2014?

Why not? The games are being worked on by two separate teams, and it's unlikely one will take away from the other.

IMO I think the beta will release in October, with the game launching spring 2013

Hmm yeah it is different teams, but it still uses battle net. I imagine they really want to avoid the entire system dying like it did when diablo came out. I also think they might take away from one another, many people play all the blizzard games.

Feb 2013 beta, July 2013 release.

Yoshichan

off-race as protoss

win against terran master player in macro game

toss macro good unit

a3den

can't wait for that :D finally a dota that's easy for me to play

Tokido vs SlayerS_BoxeR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxB5UKICRgE&feature=g-u-u

teh fuck is going on, why is the fighting community so lame

Nothing to do with the FGC, that's just how Zhi (the guy who titled the vid) is, all the vids have such silly names it's hard to take it at face value.

btw, the FGC is awesome :3. FGC was originally the source of my interest in esports.

Yoshichan

btw, the FGC is awesome :3. FGC was originally the source of my interest in esports.
It was the source of my interest as-well... but that doesn't mean it's "awesome". It might've started it all, but FGC is just a place with a lot of incompetent, elitist scrubs and a small, small portion of it are cool people.

Striek

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/securityupdate.html

HMMMMMMMMM

i guess there is a thread in the gaming forum.
Fucking sucks. I'm not going to do shit though since my email password is different.
WCS Australia
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/ACL_SC2

Where are all the aussie gaf at?
Not giving a shit about WCS Australia, thats for sure. Also two players from Oceania (Australasia) get to go to the world championship? Two fucking spots wasted.

Edit: Painuser + HD, oh gawd why. Support the local casters you fucks, they can't possibly be worse.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Not giving a shit about WCS Australia, thats for sure. Also two players from Oceania (Australasia) get to go to the world championship? Two fucking spots wasted.

Edit: Painuser + HD, oh gawd why. Support the local casters you fucks, they can't possibly be worse.

why didnt you enter? free trip to china.

Yoshichan

dt expand builds are so retarded, I want to shoot myself.

Holy shit, did Blizzard fail miserably with the so called protoss "race". It shouldn't even be a race. It should be called "gimmick" where everyone who plays the race gets to fight other equally as bad players who also decides to play this gimmicky race. When are protoss scrubs going to realize that normal play is actually more than enough to beat both terran and zerg because toss macro is completely imbalanced, let alone their late game?

Oh, that's right. You have to be slightly smart to understand that.

a3den

It was the source of my interest as-well... but that doesn't mean it's "awesome". It might've started it all, but FGC is just a place with a lot of incompetent, elitist scrubs and a small, small portion of it are cool people.

I dunno dude, fgc locals are pretty nice around here, and reading r/sc I could say something along the lines of "sc2 is a just place with a lot of pitchfork-wielding PC-obsessed 15 yo drama queens and a small portion of cool people" .

Each community has its own kind of stupidity, some things make me cringe in both.

Yoshichan

I dunno dude, fgc locals are pretty nice around here, and reading r/sc I could say something along the lines of "sc2 is a just place with a lot of pitchfork-wielding PC-obsessed 15 yo drama queens and a small portion of cool people" .

Each community has its own kind of stupidity, some things make me cringe in both.
If you're reading r/sc, of course you're going to read what a bunch of assholes have to say... it's the deepest hells of all communities in reddit.

FGC however, I feel like 99,9% are all elitist people who despises new people. I can't say the same thing about the SC2Community.

edit: Also, don't mind 50% of what I say today, I've already began drinking and it's only going to get worse from here.

If you're reading r/sc, of course you're going to read what a bunch of assholes have to say... it's the deepest hells of all communities in reddit.

FGC however, I feel like 99,9% are all elitist people who despises new people. I can't say the same thing about the SC2Community.

edit: Also, don't mind 50% of what I say today, I've already began drinking and it's only going to get worse from here.

I've played fighting games competitively for a couple years. Been to over 50 fighting game tournaments all over the US. So I can tell you that the community itself loves newcomers. You can easily make a large amount of friends, just based off the fact that you care enough to travel.

The problem is what most people see is the online community, nobody takes any online warriors seriously. The problem with online "new" people is that 99.9% of questions asked are answered right in front of them. Nobody wants to deal with incompetence.

I mostly agree with you if we are talking about online. But for any offline events it simply isn't true.

(._.)

Banned
dt expand builds are so retarded, I want to shoot myself.

Holy shit, did Blizzard fail miserably with the so called protoss "race". It shouldn't even be a race. It should be called "gimmick" where everyone who plays the race gets to fight other equally as bad players who also decides to play this gimmicky race. When are protoss scrubs going to realize that normal play is actually more than enough to beat both terran and zerg because toss macro is completely imbalanced, let alone their late game?

Oh, that's right. You have to be slightly smart to understand that.

did you lose to a DT expand while playing terran 0_0

Yoshichan

I've played fighting games competitively for a couple years. Been to over 50 fighting game tournaments all over the US. So I can tell you that the community itself loves newcomers. You can easily make a large amount of friends, just based off the fact that you care enough to travel.

The problem is what most people see is the online community, nobody takes any online warriors seriously. The problem with online "new" people is that 99.9% of questions asked are answered right in front of them. Nobody wants to deal with incompetence.

I mostly agree with you if we are talking about online. But for any offline events it simply isn't true.
Who said anything about online? I've been in countless fighting game tournaments myself and created my own community in Sweden (Örebrawl, 200 people in it, we gather up twice every month and play) - and I still don't agree with anything of what you said. Things are clearly different wherever you live, but I know for a fact that FGC is horrible in every way, shape and form.

Top Bottom