• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
just wanted to let you guys know that i love you all

peace

Majine

Banned
3dgr4.png

zargle

Vaporak

Just tuned into the IPL stream, and there's a high pitched whine going constantly in the stream audio. I'm not sure I'm going to stick around to watch this.
edit: and then the stream crashed, yeah I'll go do something else.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oh IPL, you could've been something amazing.

twofold

Err.. What happened. I alt-tabbed after Taeja lost the engagement in the middle and when I tabbed back in he was winning?! Wtf.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Granted that Toss was just a-moving but Taeja is showing the SC2 skill ceiling/possibilities right now. Holy shit
younghwa making the old "fuck, i've got him on the ropes, better morph a dozen archons and rush him down instead of waiting for templar energy" before realizing that straight archons are a terrible investment for cost against a ghost wielding opponent.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
When the fuck are they going to do ladder Antiga cross spawn only?

Btw gsl ro8, ro4 and finals are at ipl5 as well.

What a retarded move. The beauty of the GSL format (or the starleauge format to be more accurate) was being able to setup and prepare for your match for days in advanced, not to be done weekend LAN/marathon style.

I guess gom couldn't say no to dat ign money.

Wedge7

What a retarded move. The beauty of the GSL format (or the starleauge format to be more accurate) was being able to setup and prepare for your match for days in advanced, not to be done weekend LAN/marathon style.

I guess gom couldn't say no to dat ign money.

I agree completely. On one hand, its always exciting to see events like the GSL being held on foreign soil, but god damn, dont condense RO8/RO4/Finals all in like 2 days. As you said, its what sets it apart from other tournies like MLG/IPL/Dreamhack in that theirs this steady build up, you beat your opponent in RO8, and then get like a solid week to prepare strats for your RO4 opponent. Doing all this shit in 2 days just seems to cheapen the whole experience. At the very least, maybe RO4-Finals, but not all 3.

Fans get that chance to savor and anticipate upcoming match ups and get that hype. I dunno, makes it sorta lose some prestige and pomp that whoever the potential winner may be, as I feel there will always sorta be this astrix by their name.

Not only that, but also the fact that many of the players who are in Code S will also be in IPL5, making it so that they have to juggle multiple tournies, resulting in tired players and less than inspiring games. Finally, its always a tough juggling act running more than 1 tourney at an event, and things always seem to inevitably go wrong. Just seems like such a huge risk and a chance for things to go pretty bad. Guess IPL/GSL feeling that MLG/OGN pressure, trying to up the stakes.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
me tooooo

couldn't believe nobody cheesed

also don't really like the idea of ro8->finals for gsl in one weekend :(

Lol I was like alright a PvP...time for a quick game! Then they expanded ;;

Its weird that R8/R4/Finals/ForeignerVsWorld Team League at IPL5. Because that itself could be its own weekend event without the need of anything like IPL5. But at least that means Tastosis at IPL5 and maybe Wolf/Khaldor again since that is a shitload to cast by themselves.

Mairu

Was it worth it though?
I think it was worth going to even with all the problems. It sucks that IPL is probably the only ones who are ever going to do an esports event in northern california though. It's kind of disappointing that their production seems to have more and more issues with every event, but apparently the majority of their problems was due to 1.5 & their custom maps. Not that it excuses them from not testing everything beforehand since the patch was over a week ago, but hopefully they've learned from this :/
Lol I was like alright a PvP...time for a quick game! Then they expanded ;;

Its weird that R8/R4/Finals/ForeignerVsWorld Team League at IPL5. Because that itself could be its own weekend event without the need of anything like IPL5. But at least that means Tastosis at IPL5 and maybe Wolf/Khaldor again since that is a shitload to cast by themselves.

Or it means no Tastosis for all of GSL Code S ro8+ and Tastosis is off somewhere else doing random WCS or nothing at all :(

edit: oh, and the only thing I was really disappointed with is that I missed out on 2gd/incontrol's commentary on ipl since I was there :p

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
It was good event. But got so boring when waiting around for a game could take 30mins due to some PC issue or player setting up his stuff :/

Or it means no Tastosis for all of GSL Code S ro8+ and Tastosis is off somewhere else doing random WCS or nothing at all :(
If they didnt go.... -.-

Great games but overall IPL dropped the ball in many ways. TL's involvement made it bigger and more important than two Korean teams duking it out imo. The crowd, site, community etc were hyped (rightfully) which magnified the problems imo. Meanwhile the LoL stream worked fine all day, from what I saw in split screen.

I had hoped that the IPL would essentially be the top MLG rival, and perhaps overtake them at some point. In terms of scheduling, I love the idea of having fewer events, which makes them more meaningful than just having a big tournament every month and a half. The regular IPL plus the team league seemed like perfect events on paper, plus the various areas they do. But so far each event has been worse...

Either these things aren't as profitable as IGN thought so they're scaling back, or they're not hiring the right technical people. Even NASL has gotten their shit together lol (outside of audio)

Yoshichan

edit: you know what, I'm not even going to rage. This game isn't worth a ban.

Yoshichan

It's kinda sad how many times I've had to play against cheaters who makes my game lag. Some sort of lag-switch or something.

Yoshichan

DON'T "NOOOOOOOOO" ME, PANCAKES. I'm so fucking burnt out on Wings of Liberty atm... and DotA2 looks so fresh

Top Bottom