• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Holden

GUESS WHO'S BACK

uklEK.png

(._.)

Banned
I made a terran rage quit with 2 stalkers and 1 zealot. killed his 4 marines w/ no bunker ~_~

How the hell did I end a game with my scouting stalkers ~_~

I hope I make diamond this season ~_~

mackaveli

I made a terran rage quit with 2 stalkers and 1 zealot. killed his 4 marines w/ no bunker ~_~

How the hell did I end a game with my scouting stalkers ~_~

I hope I make diamond this season ~_~

I've done that on 1v1 maps quite often. Usually I scout to see no gas. If no gas I assume they are going 1rax expand. Then I chrono out 1 zealot and 2 stalkers and put pressure. If i see a bunker I expand immediately. If no bunker then I usually try and kill them immediately and they usually leave or they stuck on one base I expand safely and then go for a fast third.

However, I've been trying the Forge fast expand build that was recommended on here. So far, it seems to work but my opponents even though they are Diamond I don't find to be the best and I would lose to pressure.

The forge fast expand I usually just go nexus first on 15 then get a forge and put up two cannons. So far I'm 4-0 using it.

Mairu

wcs korea is dumb anyways

don't understand why they decided to turn it into an accelerated gsl preparation style tournament when the entirety of the other wcs regional tournaments were weekend/marathon style tournaments

mvp & mc withdrew from it ;(

Watching some IEM and Day9 said something some of us have been saying about Puma: he hasn't evolved at all, and has been doing the same stuff for a year basically. His micro and mechanics are super solid but he just looks behind in the metagame to a degree, and is not getting better as he should be. Hopefully he can stay in the Slayers house for awhile.

broodwar training regiment will greatly benefit those that abide by it

I wonder...if BW teams start owning face, will SC2 teams start implementing similar practice methods.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
me and corran will never come back to this thread! we're stuck in FFVII!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
lets keep the numbers like that! gnight <3

Zzoram

wcs korea is dumb anyways

don't understand why they decided to turn it into an accelerated gsl preparation style tournament when the entirety of the other wcs regional tournaments were weekend/marathon style tournaments

mvp & mc withdrew from it ;(

They did it so we can watch every single GOM vs KeSPA match instead of only getting to see 1 as they all play simultaneously.

It's awesome this way also because the KeSPA players are actually noticeably getting better as the tournament progresses.

Tomorrow there are 4 GOM vs KeSPA matches in a row. It should be epic to see how Jaedong fares against Gumiho and how Effort fares against Genius.

syllogism

About JYP touch case I was watching nani vs aures g2 and nani paused game and said "some idiot came up behind me and touched me" and then resumed game. Both were just macroing so no way it would have affected in the outcome
- Welmu

Yoshichan

I don't update myself for a single day, and return to the news that CombatEX returns?

Fuck.

Deadman

I've been without internet for some time, what else has he/they said?

Kinda missed the drama :p

Idra and incontrol accused naniwa of not telling the truth about why he left quantic. They did not provide the truth or any evidence to support themselves though.

(._.)

Banned
I wonder...if BW teams start owning face, will SC2 teams start implementing similar practice methods.

I think many Korean teams in the GSL do already. IM, SlayerS, Prime, Startail, etc for sure do. I doubt we will ever see an all foreign team ever win anything there and I doubt we will ever see many foreigners win a GSL or a SC2 OSL. That window is slowly starting to pass imo.

Mairu

I think many Korean teams in the GSL do already. IM, SlayerS, Prime, Startail, etc for sure do. I doubt we will ever see an all foreign team ever win anything there and I doubt we will ever see many foreigners win a GSL or a SC2 OSL. That window is slowly starting to pass imo.

Unless the foreign scene starts dying we probably won't ever see a foreigner win GSL or OSL, as weird as that sounds. It just doesn't make economical sense to dedicate that much time to staying in Korea.

Deadman

It is quite shocking how fast the GSL pay drops off after the winner and runner up. $4000 for Ro4, $2500 for Ro8. Considering how difficult it is to do that, if you were even close to that level you could make $4000 in 3 days at one of a dozen foreign tournaments.

Holden

It is quite shocking how fast the GSL pay drops off after the winner and runner up. $4000 for Ro4, $2500 for Ro8. Considering how difficult it is to do that, if you were even close to that level you could make $4000 in 3 days at one of a dozen foreign tournaments.

Gave all the moniezz to fruit dealer

Yoshichan

Yo Yoshi where you at? Corranbro be streaming FF7!
I'm watching and playing at the same time, check me out in the FFVII thread :3!

Didn't many of us get into the beta last time? I was in, I'm pretty sure Panda and Corran were too right?

I'll try to get extra keys this time if possible

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Didn't many of us get into the beta last time? I was in, I'm pretty sure Panda and Corran were too right?

I'll try to get extra keys this time if possible

It was a long beta. Most of us eventually got in but periods of time of people looking from the outside.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm watching and playing at the same time, check me out in the FFVII thread :3!

I've never played the game myself. Is it worth checkIng out without the nostalgia factor?

RIP Slayers

There's no way the team stays together without Boxer. I have no problem with Jessica, but I don't believe anyone was playing for her; that was Boxer's team, he brought sponsors in, etc.

Now I really want to know what happened with the MMA thing. Perhaps Boxer was convinced a more strict environment could benefit the team, and was not happy with MMA's dedication. Perhaps MMA responded in a manner that Boxer didn't appreciate, and ultimately figured a BW team would agree with his way of doing things more.

Top Bottom