• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Yup boring battle report. Widow Mines look so stupid and those Goliath-type mech units look like such a simple addition to make mech viable in TvP. I can already imagine Toss getting annihilated by War Hound/Marader compositions

Holden

Yup boring battle report. Widow Mines look so stupid and those Goliath-type mech units look like such a simple addition to make mech viable in TvP. I can already imagine Toss getting annihilated by War Hound/Marader compositions

dont worry, it only took them 2 years to balance WoL.

Striek

Tempest are such a silly unit. They look bad in the video, but I propose that verrrry quickly it will be discovered that tempest + cannons + colossi + stalkers are way more annoying than BL+infestor+spine unbeatable imbaness.

They're a unit thats entire purpose is to make the enemy fight entirely where you want to fight or they simply can't touch them.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Terrible video and terrible players. I'm sure the pros will find much more interesting uses for these new units.

Vaporak

I really wonder how many pros will play HotS beta for balance testing Blizz seems to need.

This is going to be really interesting to see. The WOL beta benifited tremendously from there being an active pro scene for it, but I'd imagine that not many pro's will devote much time to the beta while all the tournaments are still doing WOL.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
This is going to be really interesting to see. The WOL beta benifited tremendously from there being an active pro scene for it, but I'd imagine that not many pro's will devote much time to the beta while all the tournaments are still doing WOL.

Yep. I can see maybe a huge streamer scene for it so some of those minor foreign pros might go there for more viewers. Maybe other struggling pros that want to have an advantage for when all tournaments switch.

fanboi

Banned
Tempest are such a silly unit. They look bad in the video, but I propose that verrrry quickly it will be discovered that tempest + cannons + colossi + stalkers are way more annoying than BL+infestor+spine unbeatable imbaness.

They're a unit thats entire purpose is to make the enemy fight entirely where you want to fight or they simply can't touch them.

I agree with this.

But I think it will become a bigger issue for terrans since Zerg get the swarm host atleast.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good morning guys

So the battle report sucked huh :(? Anyone got a link? I really want to watch it...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That was boring :(... TvZ HotS is still very interesring though!

Zen

Banned
So that battle report was terrible. What the point of mech if you're just making it play the same as Bio. It's micro'd and and positoned almost exactly the same as bio, but it's slower and less interesting to watch. That was fucking dull.

I thought the previous battle reports were pretty neat, but this one looked outright bad and so does the matchup.

It sort of seems like Terran now have their own death ball TvP. Ugh.

Out of all the pros currently playing SC2 both in and out of Korea how many currently have any chance of winning a tournament? I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of pros trying to switch over as fast as possible to get a head start.

fanboi

Banned
Out of all the pros currently playing SC2 both in and out of Korea how many currently have any chance of winning a tournament? I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of pros trying to switch over as fast as possible to get a head start.

Naniwa if you only talk foreigners.
But compared to BW SC2 is much much more open (for now).

Also, competing in a tournament in Korea is hard as fuck compared not in Korea (even if it is the same pros from Korea attending).

Deadman

I liked the way you could put a proxy pylon behind destructible rocks and have a xelnaga watchtower at the same time. A new and inventive way of making your opponent break down in tears.

Overall that video was pretty terrible. Hots looks bad so far.

Yoshichan

Is the Oracle really as bad as people say it is?

It's ultra fast, basically it can't die, it can constantly harass for a long period of time. I mean, a zerg would only be able to stop the harassment when he starts getting infestor/mutas out.

Is the Oracle really as bad as people say it is?

It's ultra fast, basically it can't die, it can constantly harass for a long period of time. I mean, a zerg would only be able to stop the harassment when he starts getting infestor/mutas out.

Make one mine put it in every mineral line

Yoshichan

oh, leave a queen behind your minerals?

Im pretty sure the unit has 20 shields 40 health
20/80, the queen won't be able to do shit against it since it's so fast and the cast time is instant.

fanboi

Banned
I dunno then, use your viper/hydra/muta/swarm host? Its not like the oracle is tier 1 tech.

Of course we can deteer it, but the problem is that we need to be on top of it since we dont have an auto attack unit (ala mine).

But I dont see it as a problem for now... see later though.

Yoshichan

Yeah but if protoss can rush the tech with early safe expands, they'll be able to force tech from zerg. Whether it's Hydras or Mutas... also I have no idea what you meant with Swarm Host and Vipers, how would they shoot up?

Of course we can deteer it, but the problem is that we need to be on top of it since we dont have an auto attack unit (ala mine).

But I dont see it as a problem for now... see later though.

The muta and viper are hard counters, its going to be equivalent of how you deal with stargate tech now. If you see any stargate units you're going to make spores and maybe some extra queens or something.

Yoshichan

Vipers can snatch the oracle I guess and doesn't the swarm host fire at air units now?
Oh wow, I completely forgot about the snatch-ability and I had no idea Swarm Host could shoot air now!

Thanks for the clarification

Not like this. This is just bioshit.

It's like a Marauder you can't stim; Stalkers are so fucked lol. It seems to me that reviving the Vulture would pretty much fix mech (not to say it's broken now per se, just that no one uses it). Tank, Vulture, Viking, Ghost sounds potent to me

It's times like this that we remember Browder came from Command & Conquer, and is turning SC into that unfortunately

If this were to turn into C&C (the actual good ones) then this game wouldn't be so full with shitty boring ass units.

Westwood+Browder shits on everything Blizzard ever did.

Top Bottom