• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Esports is dead kids. Game over man, game over.

Zzoram

KT and SKT1 hired SC2 players for coaches because they are the most behind in SC2 due to being too good at BW and lasting in BW Proleague too long to start SC2 when the other teams did

Wedge7

Lol at anyone shocked or surprised with this news. SK Telecom has always been the team Boxer has forever been associated with, and probably holds more emotional sway and memories for him than Slayers ever did. I wouldnt be surprised as well if it offered him way more stability and financial compensation. For most of these old BW guys, their original Kespa teams are always gonna be what they consider their true home. The Emperor finally coming home to the house that he built.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pOmDVe9rgyM#!

Dude probably misses being around alot of the guys he mentored and spent almost a decade with.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Lol at anyone shocked or surprised with this news. SK Telecom has always been the team Boxer has forever been associated with, and probably holds more emotional sway and memories for him than Slayers ever did. I wouldnt be surprised as well if it offered him way more stability and financial compensation. For most of these old BW guys, their original Kespa teams are always gonna be what they consider their true home. The Emperor finally coming home to the house that he built.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pOmDVe9rgyM#!

Dude probably misses being around alot of the guys he mentored and spent almost a decade with.

Its still weird to go from team you built to a former team you built lol. Even more when the current team is named after you and is run by your wife/gf.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
what the fuck am i reading... i hope to wake up tomorrow and all of this boxer nonsense has been a dream...

Corran Horn

hope to god this postpone his return. I was hoping for a comeback in time of HotS. cool to see him back working with his original team but I hope this doesn't mean he is retiring from competing.

Well that Kespa/GSL team agreement said no players can transfer over until some time in 2013. So he should only be allowed to coach.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
he was in code s at the start of 2012 and is still one of the only SC2 players worth cheering for out of respect

As avid a Boxer fan as I am, I'll still admit that he was in Code S because Taeja (or was it Ryung?) won his match against some other dude letting Boxer continue on. He was promptly knocked out of Code S after that and his shoulder injury IIRC.

(._.)

Banned
As avid a Boxer fan as I am, I'll still admit that he was in Code S because Taeja (or was it Ryung?) won his match against some other dude letting Boxer continue on. He was promptly knocked out of Code S after that and his shoulder injury IIRC.

I didn't know he was seeded in by a team mate. I recall him doing decent though in his last code s appearance. He got knocked out by jjakji. It wasn't like he got totally stomped. You could tell he was still practicing a ton for his code s group.

Corran Horn

Euro times best times

WRONG!
1n6Fv.jpg

Although I did enjoy the nice weather when I was over there.

Wedge7

Its still weird to go from team you built to a former team you built lol. Even more when the current team is named after you and is run by your wife/gf.

True, but I dont think their is any doubt that Sk Telecom is where Boxer feels most at home. I mean, pretty much the whole roster is still the same, and he's built up such a relationship with them and the team. I think many tend to forget that Boxer didn't really neccesarily want to go to SC2, but the writing on the wall for him that he could not compete whatsoever in BW, so he made the switch. It was a great move for him, and a great idea to leverage his name and reputation into SLayers, but its telling how quickly he jumped back when the opportunity arose.

IEM has been boring overall but the Nestea v Killer match was awesome (earlier today). The group stages should be more interesting

True, but I dont think their is any doubt that Sk Telecom is where Boxer feels most at home. I mean, pretty much the whole roster is still the same, and he's built up such a relationship with them and the team. I think many tend to forget that Boxer didn't really neccesarily want to go to SC2, but the writing on the wall for him that he could not compete whatsoever in BW, so he made the switch. It was a great move for him, and a great idea to leverage his name and reputation into SLayers, but its telling how quickly he jumped back when the opportunity arose.

But he's still going to be mainly focusing on SC2 regardless tho, just with a former BW team.

Wedge7

IEM has been boring overall but the Nestea v Killer match was awesome (earlier today). The group stages should be more interesting

But he's still going to be mainly focusing on SC2 regardless tho, just with a former BW team.

I meant, he's quick to go back to the team. Obviously BW is done.

Deadman

Puma and Inori just played quite a long game before they realised it was bugged and had all the old balance patches applied. Khaydarin Amulet was still there, stim researched at the old quicker time, nexus had 750/750. Now they are doing a regame.

profit

Theoretically my friend has 5 more spots. Practically I am too shy to ask him for more than two (me and my brother).

I'm in the same boat as you, only I'm the only one of our friend group who plays SC2. Every beta I feel more shy cause there a few opportunities that I can actually see the friend anymore....

Haunted

btw, I looked at the TSL4 brackets earlier and thought I had mistakenly clicked on an ESV weekly or whatever.

Terrible.

Pancakes

After all the amazing live events this year, I just can't get excited for online tournaments anymore.

Zzoram

KeSPA players crushing through WCS lower bracket is so exciting. I hope at least one of them makes it far enough to represent Korea at the WCS finals.

was it escaping who spammed 1.5 raffle entries? if the beta participants have been announced already we better put him on a suicide watch.

They haven't announced any of the contest winners yet. I guess it's soon though lol.

But yeah suicide watch if I don't get in day 1. T.T

Top Bottom