• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Ashhong

Barely watched anything today. Got turned down for an MC photo, he was buying chinese food.

yr1DI.gif

StayDead

I never got a Diablo 3 key either, felt awful but hopefully I'll get a HoTS key, that's much more important!

IEM has been pretty awesome so far, Kas and MVP showing that the raven can work when you bother to get more than one (I've been doing that on ladder for ages!) and also Jarrett from Pure Pwnage hosting is the best <3

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How's Jeremy doing nowadays anyway? Are they still doing that TV-show (I know they stopped the Internet show abruptly)? Is he with Kyle still or did they depart?

Ashhong

After you guys said how Day9 makes so many wrong judgements that's all I can hear when he casts. He's always saying "player x with the amazing concave he's going to crush player z!........WOW! Amazingly, z SOMEHOW is able to obtain the lead!"

eh.....

Zzoram

KeSPA has been on a murdering streak. Something seems to have clicked in their brains over the past week. Soulkey looked great against HerO, who just a month ago was regarded as the best PvZ.

zCq7z.png

Deadman

I was starting to wonder when the stephano to eg announcement was coming. I wonder how much they will pay him vs huk and idra.

Kespa players are starting to dominate a little. Pretty impressive considering how long they have been playing. A couple of weeks ago people were saying they wouldn't really compete until HOTS but it looks like it's going to happen much sooner.

fanboi

Banned
Kespa players are starting to dominate a little. Pretty impressive considering how long they have been playing. A couple of weeks ago people were saying they wouldn't really compete until HOTS but it looks like it's going to happen much sooner.

Are we not forgetting that in the first round almost all kespa players went out in 2-0 manner.

Are we not forgetting that in the first round almost all kespa players went out in 2-0 manner.

Many of which were close games. Regardless all that shows is how fast they are improving. I don't think they will just start winning everything but it's looking like they are catching up pretty quick.

Also i kinda didn't realise i was posting in this thread so i hope i didn't spoil anyone.

Now that this game has a launcher like the other modern Blizz games, does anybody else just sit there staring at all three launchers and basking in all the Blizzard glory?

edit: fanboi damn your Begotten avatar, SHIT it is scary

zlatko

Banned
I have a friend who is super close friends with someone who works at Blizzard, so I'm asking for a beta code via that route. Maybe it'll pan out. :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
The last time i played brood war with GAF i had to explain why some bases not having gas in their natural made a map bad.

so apparently friends and family received their beta keys. I can't wait till this beta goes live already, we can't be more than a week away.

oh boy kespa players sure are dominating the LOSERS bracket. clearly they're teh bestest

Squirtle, Hack, Leenock, horror, sC, Genius, Coca, DRG, Gumiho, Yugioh, Tails. When are these kespa players going to beat someone who is decent?

anybody wanna play broodwar?

It's been a while and i'm not sure i would remember how to play.

Got Starcraft 2 since a few days and ... yeah... the community didn't really change since WC3. You screw up once and get called a noob all day. Argh.

Don't worry if you win you will still get called a noob (or any manner of names) all day long.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
SC2 community is frikkin' amazing, if you take in consideration that you're online. There are so many worse communities out there.

It's been a while for me, totally forgot how people can flip out over the tiniest things.

Yea, it's crazy. If you can get into a league of people around your skill level, you'll skate through unnoticed unless you do something crazy. But watching my brother (gold) play team games, oh boy they give him so much shit.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I need to remember to ladder again soon. Since FF7 came out I basically just been playing that or catching up on WCS VODs lol. Season ladder locks in like a week :/

holy shit did anyone else see the proleague game between Effort and Bisu? omggggg

Bisu used some effective Warp Prism/+2 melee attack harass to slow down Effort's early three base play, but not by much. He then transitioned into a huge blink Stalker attack alongside 3 Immortals and a couple Colosus, and seemed like he was going to destroy Effort's fourth base but he held it with roach/ heavy ling/Infestor/Corrupter amazingly; lots of infested terran and great fungals.

Effort transitioned to a shit ton of Brood Lords and Bisu didn't even have a StarGate. He managed to get a StarGate and Mothership but Effort kept catching his army out of position, neural'd his Mothership, and destroyed his fourth base easily. Bisu then took a small handful of Stalkers to Effort's base to do a base race; Effort must have had like 12 Brood Lords and 10 Infesters btw, compared to like 12 Stalkers and a few DTs. Effort managed to move a bunch of drones from his base while it was getting destroyed, but only built one Extractor wtf (where Bisu's third base was). Once Effort was revealed, Bisu just walked his small army back to his own base and killed the Extractor and won lmaoooo.

Effort had a literally unstoppable army haha. He looked PISSED as hell. Haha Boxer looked like he wanted to bust out some champagne lmao

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
carriers arent even rare anymore.

terrand and toss finally fleshing out their full tech tree... like zergs did a year ago.

Top Bottom