• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

StayDead

carriers arent even rare anymore.

terrand and toss finally fleshing out their full tech tree... like zergs did a year ago.

If you thought carriers were rare you should try and play mech vs protoss. If the protoss is smart he always goes carrier against you and if you don't have vikings you just die. T_T

Vaporak

Yup standard, if the game goes long enough you basically see carriers every time now a days. Going carriers started being advocated at just about the same time as archon toilet did.

edit: in terms of the development of late game PvZ strategy, Brown vs Losira was a landmark game and was the start of Archon Toilet and Carriers being the way to play lategame PvZ. That was 8 months ago now, here's a thread talking about it.

Yup standard, if the game goes long enough you basically see carriers every time now a days. Going carriers started being advocated at just about the same time as archon toilet did.

Again is this on the ladder or pro games? In pro games this simply isn't remotely true. On the ladder i have no idea but certainly in my experience i have pretty much never seen carriers unless i'm using them.

Haunted

Do either slivko or sortof really have a chance against MVP? I see European newcomers getting slapped down in the next round.

Expecting a Bomber - Supernova final, Nerchio and MVP 3rd place.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
♥ Package #3 and 4 on their way as-well! ♥

ibhBoZmGOyGPCQ.JPG

i83BA7UsSk9Ri.JPG

ibcOPyd7dbCZo3.JPG

iCvSJngNtI3gn.JPG

iW5IVaSScTtKm.png

ihRkjuGyUvneu.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
TERRANNNNNNN!
Hmm, wait... they seem to have removed the splash radius and removed the timer... wow, what a piece of shit move by Blizzard.

Yoshichan

You know what, I'm not even going to bother... let's just wait until the beta gets released because Blizzard seems to be drunk at this point.

Jezbollah

Afternoon all. Just wanted to say that I busted my online hymen right now ;)

AND I WON! :)

It was great. That is all.

(now I'll go back to lurking and sucking - in that order).

Afternoon all. Just wanted to say that I busted my online hymen right now ;)

AND I WON! :)

It was great. That is all.

(now I'll go back to lurking and sucking - in that order).

Make sure to ask for advice if you need it. There are some good players on here and there are people to practice with if you like. What race are you using?

Hmm, wait... they seem to have removed the splash radius and removed the timer... wow, what a piece of shit move by Blizzard.

There isn't much point worrying about it now. Like you said might as well wait until the beta. So far all the changes look pretty horrible so hopefully either the beta shows their potential or blizzard realises how bad they are.

Do either slivko or sortof really have a chance against MVP? I see European newcomers getting slapped down in the next round.

Expecting a Bomber - Supernova final, Nerchio and MVP 3rd place.

No chance for MC? He has been doing better than all those players lately. Bomber seems to be overated in these foreign tournaments imo.

MrKnives

You know what, I'm not even going to bother... let's just wait until the beta gets released because Blizzard seems to be drunk at this point.

Doesn't it still have spash but small one? and increased the damage.

But really. People should just stop going crazy over changes that are happening before the beta has even started. WoL was a mess in early beta. It'll work itself out somehow.

Edit: Panda you were spot on lol, didn't think it would be so fast :/.

I hate the warp prism/sentry drop strat so much. I'm glad nerchio won that.

Anything where it's just like 'welp he got that forcefield time to GG' just sucks really. I hate insta wins like that even if they're hard to pull off.

syllogism

Kespa players need to hurry up and save us from these mediocre foreigner zergs. Disgusting to see the likes of vortix and nerchio winning

Or maybe blizzard needs to hurry up

Haunted

Nerchio LITERALLY on fire :lol

ZvZ with Violet should be fun to watch.

Calling Supernova vs MVP other semi, but hoping for surprise performances by Vortix and slivko, obviously.

Everything about IEM so far has been LITERALLY terrible, you guys.

The fact that this kind of sloppy play gets rewarded and the Koreans playing like it's their placement matches back into platinum is disappointing at least.

Yoshichan

So do you honestly just think it's impossible for foreigners to be as good as Koreans or is it just the players that are currently around? This isn't BW anymore.

Also if anything these mediocre foreign zergs have been much more forward thinking than their Korean counterparts and that's probably why they're seeing a lot of success. Players like Stephano are the ones that have really improved the zerg metagame.

I also find it funny that you make the comment about kespa players saving us from these mediocre foreign zergs when they all seem to mention Stephano as being a player they learn from.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
i propose a minor change to the semantics of starcraft:

koreans = koreans.

europeans = europeans.

americans = foreigners.

we need to start drawing some lines.

Haunted

i propose a minor change to the semantics of starcraft:

koreans = koreans.

europeans = europeans.

americans = foreigners.

we need to start drawing some lines.
Sounds about right. I can't even remember the last notable tournament run by a NA player.

edit: looking at Liquipedia's major and premier events, no US player has even reached a notable final all year long.

Sounds about right. I can't even remember the last notable tournament run by a NA player.

edit: looking at Liquipedia's major and premier events, no US player has even reached a notable final all year long.

well since the US scene is a popularity contest and not really about StarCraft 2 that doesn't surprise me in the least.

It's basically just InControl, JP and Nony sucking each other off.

What notable US players are there? I know Idra and Huk obviously. I know i'm kinda ignorant on this subject but i can't think of many good ones.

Haunted

Idra Sheth and Huk are generally considered the best NA players.

Major, Vibe and Scarlett won their regional WCS qualifiers, despite the above participating.

So yeah, it's looking pretty bad for NA at the moment.

well since the US scene is a popularity contest and not really about StarCraft 2 that doesn't surprise me in the least.

It's basically just InControl, JP and Nony sucking each other off.
I meant like players, not commentators/coaches.

Top Bottom