• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

twofold

I don't understand how Vortix wins his games. He always falls behind in a big way during the early game but somehow claws his way back during the midgame and the lategame. It's so weird.

MrKnives

Ouch. But to be fair, Nony should either retire or become a caster. He clearly has no ability or interest to put the work in required to be decent at the game. Yet every time I hear him talk he's slamming other people for not playing perfect. It's ridiculous

I see where you are getting at but with that logic non of the current casters could say anything about anyone playing badly.

Woorloog

Banned
I have an odd request...
Can someone make me a smallish animated .gif of a terran battlecruiser and a protoss carrier enganging each other? SC1 or 2, no matter. Use of yamato cannon is okay, as long as lasers are seen also. No matter if existing video or if someone makes it.
I'd this myself if knew how to make animated gifs, edit videos, capture footage from games etc. Lacking everything necessary for making one (except Starcraft games).

If you wonder why, i was thinking of making a "Battleships vs Carriers, which one you prefer" thread and thought Starcraft ships battling would demonstrate it very well, don't think there's a footage of real battleship engaging a carrier at relatively close range (ie fitting to an animated .gif.

calder

Well at least it's nice to see if a zerg completely fucks up his defence against early harassment twice terran has a shot. Go Mvp!

Terran are the real foreigners now. ;)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Well at least it's nice to see if a zerg completely fucks up his defence against early harassment twice terran has a shot. Go Mvp!

Terran are the real foreigners now. ;)
TvZ at IEM is 44/35 in terrans favour. :p

protoss killed all the terrans, zergs killed the protoss.

I see where you are getting at but with that logic non of the current casters could say anything about anyone playing badly.

Nooo, what I mean is that whenever Nony discusses a tournament on SOTG the very first thing he says is "well the play wasn't perfect or anything amazing." Which annoys me because he's considered some amazing tactician but loses to mid level masters players regularly. I'd have no problem with Artosis or even Day9 saying that, but then again both rarely stoop to that level. I just find his attitude grating

He is payed to be a professional SC2 player but doesn't play at all. I understand he has had issues with depression/mental health, and losing must impact him more than other players, but at what point does actively admitting you don't play the game you're payed to play become a problem?

calder

Damn, Mvp apparently wants ravens nerfed. :| Getting ghosts nerfed twice wasn't enough for him apparently, lets's just hope he doesn't figure out a rare, can't-believe-that-worked use for the Thor's strike cannon

Zzoram

34517.jpg

StayDead

I kind of hope Nerchio or Vortix wins the whole thing, but glad it isn't a ZvZ Semi final jerkfest as I probably wouldn't have been able to fake interest for that long :p

I've been up since 10AM watching SC2, it's now 8:39PM and TSL is on. Let's do this!

MrKnives

Nooo, what I mean is that whenever Nony discusses a tournament on SOTG the very first thing he says is "well the play wasn't perfect or anything amazing." Which annoys me because he's considered some amazing tactician but loses to mid level masters players regularly. I'd have no problem with Artosis or even Day9 saying that, but then again both rarely stoop to that level. I just find his attitude grating

He is payed to be a professional SC2 player but doesn't play at all. I understand he has had issues with depression/mental health, and losing must impact him more than other players, but at what point does actively admitting you don't play the game you're payed to play become a problem?

Aren't they all guilty off that. Tastosis and Day9 constantly make remarks about players making mistakes (not playing perfectly) but you just don't see them as Nony because he actually plays and people see him making the same mistakes so he is a easy target. Nony is pretty bad but I would almost bet on him if he ever goes against Day9.
You will never ever see Day9 playing again because he knows his "empire" would crumble when people would see that he isn't actually the great tactician and player people think he is.
They all talk about how players are playing badly. Nony just does it on a podcast and casters while casting. at least this is how I see it.

You could argue of course that Nony is a player and thus obviously should be a lot better than casters who spend all their time casting but that really shoulnd't matter. Bad play is bad and anyone can notice it if it's bad enough. That's why even we on the forums can talk how shitty they are playing when I don't think anyone here could take a game from them.
I understand if he just annoys you more because you expect more from him but they all do it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I can't stand MVP... slump terran #1

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Follow me to Stockholm tomorrow and I'll show you. Leaving at 9am.

No joke :lol I'll be home @11pm

Top Bottom