• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Tell him I get like 20 viewers at a time! Thats like mad moneyz right there!

A silly shooter that is trying to fit in the already too large shooter market

:p

Maybe if you streamed with commentary and face cam I would watch :p

Mairu

Alternate is the best German CS team (TMK)
Epsilon has some very good older players from other games and really put in time learning the game.

It's a shame we couldn't... contain Hoder.

firefall pros is offensive to real pros

that's cool that you were able to get to the finals against a team that's good at other games though

hope you took some PIXXXX

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
... talk about being tired ._. i'm gonna do a long travel with almost no sleep now... all thanks to Corran :_:

Bai guys ♥

I don't know how anyone can be excited for the beta after these battle reports, i feel like i'm being trolled by blizzard. I guess it is exciting to see how things change but i've got no interest in participating.

Obviously the battle reports were played by noobs but overall the changes just don't look good. I like where sc2 is overall, and it seems like hots just morphs the game into a prettier Command and Conquer. Most of the new units feel lazy

fanboi

Banned
I don't know how anyone can be excited for the beta after these battle reports, i feel like i'm being trolled by blizzard. I guess it is exciting to see how things change but i've got no interest in participating.

This is strange, when they first showed HotS everyone was going batshit insane at the GOOD changes.

Obviously the battle reports were played by noobs but overall the changes just don't look good. I like where sc2 is overall, and it seems like hots just morphs the game into a prettier Command and Conquer. Most of the new units feel lazy

I wasn't worried about the quality of the games (even if the only thing worse than them was day 9s embarrasing casting). I just don't like the look of the units or how they affect the matchups.

I, like you, actually really like where SC2 is overall. I don't think we need changes this drastic. It's also funny that you mention command and conquer because that is the first thing i thought of when i saw that shitty goliath lookalike.

This is strange, when they first showed HotS everyone was going batshit insane at the GOOD changes.

I won't pretend to speak for everyone else, maybe most people do like the changes. Personally i hate pretty much everything that has been shown so far.

fanboi

Banned
I wasn't worried about the quality of the games (even if the only thing worse than them was day 9s embarrasing casting). I just don't like the look of the units or how they affect the matchups.

I, like you, actually really like where SC2 is overall. I don't think we need changes this drastic. It's also funny that you mention command and conquer because that is the first thing i thought of when i saw that shitty goliath lookalike.

I won't pretend to speak for everyone else, maybe most people do like the changes. Personally i hate pretty much everything that has been shown so far.

I also like where the game is at right now, but this make it reignite for alot of people.

Take out boring units like roaches, colossi, corrupters and void rays. Put in new units that are actually fun and not boring "balance" units for the sake of balance.

Redo the entire protoss race and make it less herp derp 1a death ball into something that can actually be exciting and fun to play/watch.

Check your email blizz, I sent you my payment info for my highly sought after advice and counselling, I'll give you the %50 discount just because 3 Vikings was cool.

Ashhong

Husky really explained it best in my opinion in his video where he talked about what he played. He complained about the zerg units I think it was, esepcially the one that pulls your unit over. Really lame spell imo.

StayDead

How to make protoss seem more exciting.

Remove warp ins on pylons and only have it possible to warp in on warp prisms and buff gateway units ever so slightly so they're better early game. Give stalkers a range buff ala dragoons.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
How to make protoss seem more exciting.

Remove warp ins on pylons and only have it possible to warp in on warp prisms and buff gateway units ever so slightly so they're better early game. Give stalkers a range buff ala dragoons.
introduce unit on its nature as an anti-death ball unit.
give it mass cloak so it fits into the deathball.

Haunted

Awesome win by Nerchio, great fifth game.

I thought my internet was crapping out, but seems like more people had problems. Bad timing.

Haunted

games 1 + 2: Vortix being outclassed, MVP vs Nerchio finals incoming.

edit: game 3: Vortix got lucky, MVP still got this

game 4: what the fuck is going on, this could go to a game 5?

edit²: looks like MVP's got it now, good.

The 9 games MVP will have played at IEM: 1 TvT, 1 TvP, 7 TvZ

ghst

thanks for the laugh
non-koreans have caught up artosis?

europeans. they're all european. european patchzergs.

mvp bringing hope and reason back to the galaxy.

Haunted

man i remember a time when i called stephano and nerchio nobody ladder warriors.

shows what i knew, eh.
Eh, these guys are young, who could've known they'd develop like that.

Also, look at players with a very similar trajectory (online success -> LAN appearances) like Kas or Happy, yet they haven't really managed to make that additional step necessary to join that top tier of European players who manage to regularly defeat Koreans in tournament runs like Stephano, Nerchio, Sase, Naniwa or Thorzain.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
day9: "what a huge misstep by mvp" as he remains unsieged to maintain momentum, rolling through nerchio before he can remax on an ideal compostion. gg arrives seconds later.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
day9: "what a huge misstep by mvp" as he remains unsieged to maintain momentum, rolling through nerchio before he can remax on an ideal compostion. gg arrives seconds later.

critical mistake to not seige vs brood lords.

apparently.

"This player really messed up I can't see how he could even win the next engagement, but somehow MIRACULOUSLY he is destroying the other guy and rolling... and GGEEEEEE"

-Day 9

ghst

thanks for the laugh
"This player really messed up I can't see how he could even win the next engagement, but somehow MIRACULOUSLY he is destroying the other guy and rolling... and GGEEEEEE"

-Day 9

to day9, each game is an orchestra of premonition with each player planning every action 40 minutes ahead, punctuated by massive blunders that somehow don't even matter.

bc raven please mvp. you know how i love it when you do me like that.

Fuck I was gonna stay in bed until 1. Getting up for the finals, and to talk with my bestest friends on GAF

Except for panda cuz he never plays sc2

Majine

Banned
It's time!

IU63V.png

Haunted

Fungal + Ultralisks = awesome. Infested Terrans + Ultralisks = clusterfucked AI that makes Ultras completely useless.

A lategame Terran who knows how to use ghosts against Protoss and ravens against Zerg is a scary thing.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
reminder that mvp battles through gross imbalance and excruciating nerve pain to feed his starving family.

Top Bottom