• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

ghst

thanks for the laugh
terran is dominating - mvp wins tournaments.
protoss is dominating - mvp wins tournaments.
zerg is dominating - mvp wins tournaments.

his parents must be obese by now.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
completely forgot the TSL4 is on going :S

MVP, closest thing to if not bordering on Bonjwa in SC2?

He's won so many tournaments I'm not sure if anyone can argue against his bonjwa status.

completely forgot the TSL4 is on going :S

MVP, closest thing to if not bordering on Bonjwa in SC2?

MC probably second on that list in terms of winning* but you're right, MVP remains the most dominant SC2 player ever. He's only 22 also, so if he can continue recovering from his injuries he could have a few more major championships in the next couple years. Hell now that there are more SC2 tournaments in Korea, MVP will probably dominate even more.

*Nestea has more GSL wins than MC, but I'd put him behind MC here simply because he hasn't won nearly as many tournaments overall

ghst

thanks for the laugh
korean dominance extends to commentator analysis (translated):

iJiOS.jpg

I wish I could understand Korean, then I would just watch engine and crew's casting instead of listening about nerds getting/not getting bopped.

Blame Tasteless, not Artosis. Replacing Tasteless with Wolf would create the best, most analytical casting in SC2. Tasteless adds nothing, constantly seems to be unprepared or speaking in generalities, and clearly does not play the game. Obviously you don't need to play SC2 to cast well (look at Total Biscuit) but the very best casters play. All he does is declare players bad, point out "horrible" mistakes that wind up being irrelevant, and repeat the same jokes he's been doing since season one.

fanboi

Banned
Blame Tasteless, not Artosis. Replacing Tasteless with Wolf would create the best, most analytical casting in SC2. Tasteless adds nothing, constantly seems to be unprepared or speaking in generalities, and clearly does not play the game. Obviously you don't need to play SC2 to cast well (look at Total Biscuit) but the very best casters play. All he does is declare players bad, point out "horrible" mistakes that wind up being irrelevant, and repeat the same jokes he's been doing since season one.

But he looks good so he still wins.

Mairu

Blame Tasteless, not Artosis. Replacing Tasteless with Apollo would create the best, most analytical casting in SC2. Tasteless adds nothing, constantly seems to be unprepared or speaking in generalities, and clearly does not play the game. Obviously you don't need to play SC2 to cast well (look at Total Biscuit) but the very best casters play. All he does is declare players bad, point out "horrible" mistakes that wind up being irrelevant, and repeat the same jokes he's been doing since season one.

fixed

for the first time since starting work i actually woke up late on the weekend. missed all the games :(

any of the semis->finals worth watching?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
back from stockholm

feel like shit

at least she was super nice

got me this

AV263.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
wait, it says I own Dota2 in steam... is it free beta now or did someone gift it to me?

Sliver

wait, it says I own Dota2 in steam... is it free beta now or did someone gift it to me?

Spectator Client for the upcoming International 2 Tournament. You can watch the tourny in game with team and broadcaster audio, if you please. Everyone on Steam got it.

Haunted

If Nerchio is a mediocre Zerg, I don't want to know what choice words syllogism has for JonnyRecco. Terrible performance against Keen just now.

RIP TSL4

ghst

thanks for the laugh
If Nerchio is a mediocre Zerg, I don't want to know what choice words syllogism has for JonnyRecco. Terrible performance against Keen just now.

RIP TSL4
tournament is such a bust. should've followed the iron squid model and had a live event for the last four in one evening.

Haunted

tournament is such a bust. should've followed the iron squid model and had a live event for the last four in one evening.
I can't believe how hyped I was for TSL 3, watched every match, screencapped every splash screen (I've still got the folder)... and TSL 4 does nothing for me. I've seen a handful of games by accident, and they were uniformly terrible, played by B-tier pros I don't really know nor care for.

Really skirting the "premier tournament" cutoff.

Yayay MVP. Pretty enjoyable tournament over all. Wonder if ill actually play the game this weekend or just spend the entire time watching another 1(or multiple) tournaments. Lol.

StayDead

It'd say that, but that's not the problem. English just does not sound as "exciting" as Korean and none of the English casters bar maybe Day9, Moletrap and Apollo really sound like they're having a blast casting and really enjoying the game. Maybe Wheat too, but Tasteless and Artosis always sound half dead.

(._.)

Banned
MLG is this weekend.

50/50 I'm going. anybody here going?

I have a lot of stuff I need to do before I can go and it feels so last minute since I haven't even started planning :\

Majine

Banned
Some terran input, whenever I see a pro terran nuking a base, they always aim outside the hatchery/CC/Nexus. Wouldn't it be smarter to aim directly on the base, as the red dot is obscured by the building? Or am I missing something here?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Some terran input, whenever I see a pro terran nuking a base, they always aim outside the hatchery/CC/Nexus. Wouldn't it be smarter to aim directly on the base, as the red dot is obscured by the building? Or am I missing something here?

The first thing people do is backspace and check every base for the red dot. By putting it on the side of a base it's harder to find. And no the red dot isn't hidden by buildings.

Top Bottom