• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
AMG...played FF7 for like 6 hours today...most of it in the Battle Arena trying to get an item....sigghhhhhhhhh tired.

MLG is this weekend.

50/50 I'm going. anybody here going?

I have a lot of stuff I need to do before I can go and it feels so last minute since I haven't even started planning :\
Damnit I always forget to ask for MLG weekends off. Or at least Friday/Saturday.

Mairu

It's not really TSL4's fault that all the big names failed to qualify or got knocked out by scrubs early on.

It's not TSL's fault that people care less about good players playing than their favorite players playing either.

It's funny, you get people complaining about invite only tournaments keeping the same players in event after event and not giving new, better players a chance but then you get the situation with TSL4 where nobody's watching because they'd rather watch the same players they're used to, but failed to qualify.

Aaron

I think the best players just didn't care about TSL4. MVP won IEM through the open bracket, dropping the KSL to compete. The best players just have so many more tournaments to play in now to give any serious effort to the TSL.

Mairu

I think the best players just didn't care about TSL4. MVP won IEM through the open bracket, dropping the KSL to compete. The best players just have so many more tournaments to play in now to give any serious effort to the TSL.

Well, Mvp doesn't really do that much outside of GSL and a couple other majors, but here's some Code S level players who attempted to qualify for TSL4-

Gumiho
Leenock
Polt
Supernova
Symbol
Genius
Jjakji
Hero
Parting
Puzzle
MarineKing
Nestea
Dongraegu
MMA
aLive

There's some more, but those are just some of the few I picked out that people should easily recognize :p

Well, Mvp doesn't really do that much outside of GSL and a couple other majors, but here's some Code S level players who attempted to qualify for TSL4-

Gumiho
Leenock
Polt
Supernova
Symbol
Genius
Jjakji
Hero
Parting
Puzzle
MarineKing
Nestea
Dongraegu
MMA
aLive

There's some more, but those are just some of the few I picked out that people should easily recognize :p

I think from what I remember DRG and MMA only played in one of those and just skipped on the rest (could be wrong though), however I do agree with Aaron, there was a "not really giving a shit" atmosphere that I got from watching the qualifiers.

TSL4's problems are not the lack of stars (that is one but not the major one) people just got way too spoiled with really well produced LAN events, and there are fucking ton of them out there these days, almost every weekend.

So going from being able to see the casters, the players instant reaction and, big crowds and cheers to what is basically a replay with 2 guys talking over on skype is quite big, you might as well open youtube and watch husky, this ain't 2010/early 2011 anymore, all the big LANs stepped the hell out of their production in the last year or so, TSL is actually getting amazing numbers that it wouldn't have otherwise has it not been thrown by TL, just expecting it to rival the numbers of DH, MLG... etc was just naive.

I totally respect their choice of doing it all qualifier style and will always support that till the end, we don't need anymore popularity contests, so at least they did that right.

Aaron

Gumiho
Leenock
Polt
Supernova
Symbol
Genius
Jjakji
Hero
Parting
Puzzle
MarineKing
Nestea
Dongraegu
MMA
aLive

Most of those are or were in the KSL, so they're focusing on that. A few went to IEM, and a few others (MMA, DRG) have been so up and down an EG player could have beaten them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DotA2, here I come.

p1dSL.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've said multiple times that I won't be playing DkS PC (or the patched console version) :p

Yoshichan

W... what ._.? I thought it was universally known that I disliked DkS...

(._.)

Banned
why aren't you guys playing.................... StarCraft II?

I haven't been able to ladder in the last five days or so but I'm gonna try to get an hour in tonight.

Yoshichan

Waiting on that HotS so Zerg can be imba imba. :D
Not enough A-move units for my taste

It's all about terran man. Another 2 years of A-move, baby

Yoshichan

Because the game sucked monkey dick.

Happy?

Zzoram

Because the game sucked monkey dick.

Happy?

Wait, you didn't like it? I thought it was great, just enough like Demon's Souls to scratch that itch, just enough different to feel fresh. Maybe it's the whole injured finger thing that ruined your ability to enjoy the game.

Yoshichan

Maybe it's the whole injured finger thing that ruined your ability to enjoy the game.
No, I've given the game countless chances but the game is just unfinished. The first couple of days were obviously affected by my injury, yes. But then I found out the game's just pure bad.

There are two games that I don't want to talk about this generation. D3 and DkS.

Zzoram

No, I've given the game countless chances but the game is just unfinished. The first couple of days were obviously affected by my injury, yes. But then I found out the game's just pure bad.

There are two games that I don't want to talk about this generation. D3 and DkS.

The only parts of the game that seemed unfinished to me were some of the covenants, but I don't really care about that.

You seem like a very extreme person, someone who has to be in love with perfection or hate for not being perfect.

Yoshichan

The only parts of the game that seemed unfinished to me were some of the covenants, but I don't really care about that.

You seem like a very extreme person, someone who has to be in love with perfection or hate for not being perfect.
Dark Souls was supposed to be perfect, because Demon's Souls was perfect. FROM gave in to the scrubs and created a rushed, unfinished product.
obvious stage is obvious
p4P9a.jpg

Yoshichan

im curious, does anyone have a hots thread ready to go or are the thread makers hoping for a enough warning? :p
Corran (who'll obviously be making the HotS-thread) will probably work on it as we get a release-date or something. I mean, it's kinda pointless to start working with it now, right? :lol

zlatko

Banned
Dark Souls pc port is the biggest pile of garbage in the last couple of years, get it when its $5 on steam.

I 2nd this. Shitty port is shitty, but I don't agree with Yoshi's take that the game itself is dildos. Demon's Souls was fuck awesome, but Dark was a good game. I still think it's worth anyone's time to play through.

Yoshichan

I really don't want to continue this, but when exactly is it coming out and how much? Also, is it confirmed that it'll be 30fps@1024x768?

Zzoram

I really don't want to continue this, but when exactly is it coming out and how much? Also, is it confirmed that it'll be 30fps@1024x768?

Comes out August 24, costs $39.99 but Green Man Gaming lets you pre-order with 20% off coupon code DERHE-RRDER-RINGE and gives you a Steam code. It uses GFWL for the multiplayer servers.

It was 30fps cap and the frame buffer rendered at 1024x768 even when the output resolution was higher at the demo station at Gamescon. Assuming you have a good PC, it will look like the 360/PS3 version but run smoother and has the DLC built-in. It supports controllers, which is how I intend to play it. It also has Xbox LIVE achievements due to being GFWL.

When it releases, people will likely try to unlock the framerate and change the frame buffer resolution but there is no guarantee they will succeed. I was obviously upset to hear that graphics news but I still want to play the game again with new content and a smoother Blighttown so I pre-ordered it anyways. Mostly I just want them to release Dark Souls 2 on PC closer to launch next time and do a better port.

Yoshichan

Thanks for all the info Zzoram. I'm still not going to buy it, but it's good to know this stuff.

Yoshichan

Oh fuck, completely forgot about beta threads... can't waaaaaaaaaaaaaait! So tired of Wings of Shiterty.

Ah, ok.

I'm in the NeoGAF channel but don't talk too much. Name is Demosthenes. Code w/ that is 721 I think. I'm up for a lot of stuff in the game if you ever need someone else. Most of my time is doings 2/3/4s.

MrKnives

HotS interview with Kim and Milker at gamescom

-Mothership Core is not stationary anymore, but moves slowly
-Battle Cruisers don't have the sprint ability anymore, but instead get improved damage
-They are not finally decided on the carrier yet, though the beta will start without
-The call to action Zerg Creep nerf and Raven buff are on hold right now

Took from TL

Top Bottom