• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

zlatko

Banned
Last time I heard Idra he was playing all mainstream dubstep shit. Who has he introduced u too?

Idk what is mainstream or not when it comes to dubstep since I don't outright go looking for it, but Nit Grit is one of the artists I heard off his stream. Blackmill as well.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wtf @ Violet... RIP

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dubstep is amazing

starting to like it

thanks holden ♥

Holden

looks like Ministry of Win is starting to pick up foreigner "pros" like ret, titan and morrow and a korean sage

kinda sad, thought it would be more for up and comming players

twofold

Shit decision is still shit.

I think it's a (potentially) good change. We've had a ton of shitty finals because the two finalists have spent too much time analysing each other and, as a result, use weird builds that aren't fun to watch. This will force them to have minimal preparation which should, hopefully, lead to a better final.

(._.)

Banned
Anybody here ever go to an MLG? how early should you get there on Sunday if you want to get the best seats and some signatures? Thinking of making a neogaf poster and getting is signed. I'm going but can only go for one day.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Anybody here ever go to an MLG? how early should you get there on Sunday if you want to get the best seats and some signatures? Thinking of making a neogaf poster and getting is signed. I'm going but can only go for one day.

Nerds don't wake up too early so you don't have to worry about good seats too much. I would recommend getting there around 20-30 min early and using a buddy system to walk around (One person save seats one person wander around for autographs). People ARE assholes and they WILL take your seats even if you have a backpack on it, I know from experience =/.

(._.)

Banned
30 minutes only ~_~

I was planning on getting there TWO hours early. is that really unnecessary?

Also what should I pack? Just bring water? do they have food there?

I'm gonna try and get a pic with MKP and taunt yoshi with it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Best seats? 1hr early and run when it opens. Honestly waiting in line 90m isn't that bad at all.

MLG should have dedicated signing sessions for some players at least. Like Anaheim had Grubby, some LoL people, and Kespa 8 for 2 days (60-90m). The Kespa line reached capacity like an hour before signings fyi.
You can try to nab people as they walk around, enter/leave, and linger sort of near the player area.

Bring your own water and food.

So GSL players in OSL, but no Kespa players in GSL hmm. I understand why Kespa wants to protect its brand but let's be fair: they have some of the very best GSL players in the OSL - and will likely have two GSL players in the finals barring some miracle. The two leagues will be basically running at the same time, which leads to even more competition; personally I thought it would have been a good idea to run OSL during GSTL, and proleague during GSL but clearly both leagues are not scheduling with the other in mind.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
30 minutes only ~_~

It depends on who is showing up to the event, I suppose if you really want to meet every pro you can 2hrs is okay but a bit excessive. Unless you like chugging disgusting sugar water by the gallon, yes bring a couple water bottles and some chips. MLG provides no food, only sodas.

Try to hang around the blocked off player area as pros will sometimes start signing people's stuff from behind the barriers (don't be a dick about it if they decline though). MKP will hang around the other Korean players so try to stick around them (I was getting Polt's autograph when MKP walked behind him and give a surprise hug so I managed to get his autograph too) Most pros are pretty nice so don't be nervous like I was.

Mairu

So GSL players in OSL, but no Kespa players in GSL hmm. I understand why Kespa wants to protect its brand but let's be fair: they have some of the very best GSL players in the OSL - and will likely have two GSL players in the finals barring some miracle. The two leagues will be basically running at the same time, which leads to even more competition; personally I thought it would have been a good idea to run OSL during GSTL, and proleague during GSL but clearly both leagues are not scheduling with the other in mind.

I'm totally okay with people wanting to boycott OSL/Proleague/Kespa. Did anyone really think Kespa would change their behavior?

(._.)

Banned
kespa can do what they want. they don't have any promises to keep to a market they probably never had any intention on entering. it's a shame cause it would be awesome if they had a great international cast and a great vod service like gom. I can understand why they want to keep their league and players exclusive, shame though.

From their perspective, they may just want exclusive rights of the first Kespa/GOM tournament (I'm not counting WCS); after that I'd imagine they'll be more receptive to follwing through with their past agreements - ie MLG and GOM.

Is there a way to see ratings for Korean channels/programs? I'd imagine this OSL will do much better than the GSL. Still waiting on GOM to begin advertising more player-based in Korea than SC2 advertising. Many people who watch BW don't play or care about the game - they're simply fangirls for specific players; if Jaedong was playing Halo he'd draw a crowd. GSL has some very marketable players like MKP and MMA, and if I ran things they'd be front and center

zlatko

Banned
30 minutes only ~_~

0r1pr.gif

Yoshichan

not even mod

i've kissed mkp irl

beat that

Yoshichan

Hmm, I haven't seen anything of Losira lately... what've I missed?

Yoshichan

wtf zlatko :lol

zlatko

Banned
wtf zlatko :lol

Seemed like the perfect response for both comments made.

So I have recently bought a Zerg T, and a Toss T from Jinx, and the Terran one is a go go Sept 7th when I get a paycheck. Although, I am considering getting the zip up I've seen TLO wear instead since...winter is coming!

Or should I go mega boss nerd status and grab myself one of those jackets Day J has wore from time to time ?

What would you do Yoshi?

fanboi

Banned
Seemed like the perfect response for both comments made.

So I have recently bought a Zerg T, and a Toss T from Jinx, and the Terran one is a go go Sept 7th when I get a paycheck. Although, I am considering getting the zip up I've seen TLO wear instead since...winter is coming!

Or should I go mega boss nerd status and grab myself one of those jackets Day J has wore from time to time ?

What would you do Yoshi?

Prolly buy it all, masturbate, then return it.

Yoshichan

fuck this shit ._. i'm heading to bed

Keikaku

I never knew Violet from BW but the games that they had up on TL were pretty sweet.

This is going to be OT as hell, but you all need to read this thread. That's right NEED.

Read the OP.
Read post #90 by Houston3000.
Read post #168 by RawNuts.

Yet another page added to GAFs glorious history.

Yoshichan

This is going to be OT as hell, but you all need to read this thread. That's right NEED.

Read the OP.

No actual link to the thread <,<?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I never knew Violet from BW but the games that they had up on TL were pretty sweet.

Read the OP.

critical mission failure

Deadman

Read the OP.

i said god damn.

Deadly

Read the OP.

Goddamnnnn, thanks for pointing this one out

I think it's a (potentially) good change. We've had a ton of shitty finals because the two finalists have spent too much time analysing each other and, as a result, use weird builds that aren't fun to watch. This will force them to have minimal preparation which should, hopefully, lead to a better final.

This line of thinking makes no sense to me. So right now we have IEM, NASL, MLG, IPL and countless other tournaments where the finalists get no time to prepare for each other.

The one tournament where players get time to really prepare each other so we can see a really battle of their minds/strategies and we have to ruin it.

I don't care if some of the GSL finals have been one sided they were incredibly high quality. When nestea crushed losira for example that wasn't boring, it was incredible. To watch the best player in the world (at that time) come up with all new strategies and just dismantle his opponent was incredible.

That is stracraft at its best, that's what made me fall in love with the game (seeing it in BW). I love tournaments like MLG and their incredible atmosphere but i don't want to see GSL finals ruined trying to be the same.

I also realise it isn't that big of a deal but i just don't see the need to change the GSL and i don't think the finals situation is as bad as it is made out to be.

Top Bottom