• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That thread... wow Keikaku. WOW.

Latest starcraft drama between gom players and kespa is pretty good. Kespa decided not to let players on their teams play in the GSL. GSL players counter by boycotting OSL since they don't want gom to be squeezed out of starcraft 2 like they were in brood war when kespa discouraged players from playing in the gom invitationals.

Vaporak

Latest starcraft drama between gom players and kespa is pretty good. Kespa decided not to let players on their teams play in the GSL. GSL players counter by boycotting OSL since they don't want gom to be squeezed out of starcraft 2 like they were in brood war when kespa discouraged players from playing in the gom invitationals.

WTF, god damn companies being pissy at each other. >.>

MrKnives

Source for this. If your language skills are up to it.

Also to note it's ESF who are pulling their players out from OSL. Not GSL/GOM. That said ESF is pretty much all korean players who are on korean teams except Slayers.

Hopefully they both survive. The more competition the better and it would suck being stuck with just kespa again (especially considering their history with how they treat foreign fans).

twofold

So... I assume Blizzard can go in and remove their licenses so they can't host any tournaments then?

Depends on the contract they have with kespa. If kespa have breached the contract, then yeah, they can. If not, Blizzard can't do anything, I guess.

Hopefully they both survive. The more competition the better and it would suck being stuck with just kespa again (especially considering their history with how they treat foreign fans).

I don't see GOM going anywhere. They're obviously profitable at this point and Blizzard will give them money to keep the league running if necessary. Kespa, on the other hand, may decide to ditch SC2 in favour of LoL or some other game.

There's no way Kespa backs down from this. They'll double down, and OSL will pretty much be ruined (competitively) this season. I support the ESF decision here - it's quite obvious Kespa realizes they have an advantage in terms of popular players, and want to monopolize access as long as possible; especially with OSL and GSL being scheduled around the same time.

It baffles the mind that Kespa doesn't realize it's in their best, long term interest to work together with GOM and grow the SC2 scene. They don't give a fuck, and clearly had no intention of honoring the contracts they signed months ago. I guess they figured they were too big to have to worry about anything, and perhaps they're right; I'm sure the OSL will still be a success (although Oz will probably win now lol).

I'm definitely buying another GSL ticket after this nonsense. Fuck Kespa

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bleh. Why did Empire.Kas go to Twitch?

News made my day

We need more of these "go fuck yourselves kespa" to show that this ain't their scene and they can't just walk in 2 years late and piss in everyone's mouth and expect them to like it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
You know, I was done with buying gsl tickets until HoTS came out. But I really don't want GOM to get pushed out of the E-sports scene again. Especially since Kespa doesn't seem to give a fuck about us, the foreign audiences.

This is one of the few times where I feel it's okay to grab a pitchfork and start getting mad.

a3den

This is a good reaction from eSF, why would they let Kespa have GOM players when they don't want to share Kespa players. It's an eye for an eye at this point.

Also, OSL is scheduled to start Tuesday so it kinda is an ultimatum.

Yoshichan

People still say shit like this? Oh, Internet.

ZtJxi.jpg

MrKnives

They still should be the "better man" in this and let them participate in the OSL. That's the best option by far for SC2 and the community.

If Kespa is really so treacherous (I know they can be) that they would pull out from GSL Season 5 with some half-assed excuse, GOM should just cut all ties and move on with their lives or Blizzard do some crazy moves that I doubt they want to make.
We can always hope Kespa will live up to their part of the agreement.

Deadman

Rod Breslau ‏@Slasher

MLG will be holding a press conference in Raleigh this morning at Noon. Expect comments on MLG 'cross-matches', and this situation.
I dont really get what "cross matches" means, but i wonder what they will be saying about kespa vs gom.

I dont really get what "cross matches" means, but i wonder what they will be saying about kespa vs gom.

Flash playing cross server at 3am against "an upcoming american talent", casted by Shippy and pucket, sponsored by Dr Pepper™ and presented by Hot pockets™

zargle

So WCS NA is also happening this weekend? Is it happening independently of MLG or with it like the Canadian finals were during NASL?

calder

Ridiculous, not sure what the hell Major was thinking after that base race other than "how can I give myself the least chance of winning? Try to rebuild mech from scratch I guess"

calder

Sexy stream quality from wcs NA. Shame about the player quality lololol

Yeah, this game may be 'epic' to use the most overused ESPORTS term of all, but the epicness is completely a result of sloppy play and bad, bad decisions from both players. Most from Major.

Deadman

Yeah, this game may be 'epic' to use the most overused ESPORTS term of all, but the epicness is completely a result of sloppy play and bad, bad decisions from both players. Most from Major.

But dont worry later we have quality players like Idra and Nony to entertain us!

am looking forward to seeing Scarlett play though, she seems legitimately good.

zargle

But dont worry later we have quality players like Idra and Nony to entertain us!

am looking forward to seeing Scarlett play though, she seems legitimately good.

I have sad news for you....Nony already forfeited. I believe he came down with a case of the terribles.

calder

No, Major is going to do his usual tvz strat of making a shit tonne of hellions, get 60 worker kills, then lose. The zerg can accept dozens of drone deaths because this mech style limits Major economically and his mid-late game is pretty much set in stone now.

One day he's going to start using builds that at least give the impression he may one day go bio and he's going to be shocked at how well simply having the option works. ;)

Holden

No, Major is going to do his usual tvz strat of making a shit tonne of hellions, get 60 worker kills, then lose. The zerg can accept dozens of drone deaths because this mech style limits Major economically and his mid-late game is pretty much set in stone now.

One day he's going to start using builds that at least give the impression he may one day go bio and he's going to be shocked at how well simply having the option works. ;)

wut

Top Bottom