• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
HOW ABOUT THIS GUY THEN:

CZ3Ol.png

Someone stole MKPs phone at midnight. Around that time, I was singing to myself in a karaoke-bar with Evilore while his phone was stolen. There, I'm officially innocent!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
HOW ABOUT THIS GUY THEN:

CZ3Ol.png

Someone stole MKPs phone at midnight. Around that time, I was singing to myself in a karaoke-bar with Evilore while his phone was stolen. There, I'm officially innocent!

i thought you were in your car.

how quickly the story changes

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
NO, it doesn't change! It's just that I was mistaken about the time. At midnight, I was in a karaoke-bar, and at 1am I was driving home.

Yoshichan

Guys, here's the situation... could someone please give 50 cent so that I could buy Dark Souls on PC?

I have 141.76 SEK on my account, and the game costs me 142.21 SEK, which is literally 25 cents. I would've transfered money from my bank but that would take me 2 days... PM me if you'd love to help a fellow Yoshi here :(

profit

Guys, here's the situation... could someone please give 50 cent so that I could buy Dark Souls on PC?

I have 141.76 SEK on my account, and the game costs me 142.21 SEK, which is literally 25 cents. I would've transfered money from my bank but that would take me 2 days... PM me if you'd love to help a fellow Yoshi here :(

I'd love to man, but how? I thought you werent going to buy DS?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

how would we transfer it to you?

Yoshichan

I'd love to man, but how? I thought you werent going to buy DS?
Corky threatened me if I wouldn't buy the game, he'd punch me in the face ._.
The mod that makes it look awesome is also reason enough to buy it!

I think Panda will send me the money, so thanks to both of you ♥ !!!

Yoshichan

edit: I got the money Panda! Again, thank you so much ♥ ♥ ♥ !
no fair, i want a $25 dark souls. -____-
Well, it's like 21.5 usd! Why can't you buy it :O?

Yoshichan

Yoshi is my saviour. :3

just goes to show, you should always be willing to help people. it pays.
I will always to me best to help sc2gaf ♥

profit

I want to buy DS aswell, but I need to save up my money to replace my broken graphics card and buy a new mobo and processor so I can hopefully begin streaming a bit :)

In SC2 news, I decided to play random because I enjoy playing all three races.

Zzoram

$32 for Dark Souls at Green Man Gaming using the 20% off coupon code was fine by me. Russian sites seem sketchy, not worth the $11 savings IMO.

Hopefully it works out for you guys though.

Mairu

Unless you have to use a Russian VPN to redeem those keys you should be okay, but I generally don't buy from those kinds of sites. I'd flip the fuck out if I lost access to my steam account :p

Zzoram

Unless you have to use a Russian VPN to redeem those keys you should be okay, but I generally don't buy from those kinds of sites. I'd flip the fuck out if I lost access to my steam account :p

I would too, but honestly I am playing none of my Steam games right now other than Dark Souls and probably won't revisit any of my games in the future. Still, I want to keep them just in case I ever do want to replay something for a bit, but I just don't see myself doing that with a never ending stream of new games coming out.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

Ya still kinda shady though.

I guess we dont have to worry about MLG hating on SC2 right now! :p

Holden

TotalBiscuit - "I wouldn't miss LoL if they got rid of it from MLG though, DOTA2 is clearly the better competitive title even if LoL is more fun casually"

THIS IS TRUE.

Corran Horn

I know its your first event but from what you seem on streams etc did it feel dead there audience wise? Everytime I saw crowd on stream it looked like barely anyone was there.

(._.)

Banned
It definitely wasn't their biggest turnout. I wouldn't say dead but it was by no means packed. I noticed that myself. it got a bit more crowded as the day went on but there were always a couple rows open for ever match. Finals for SC @ the main stage being the only game the entire day that didn't have any seats. I just sat on the ground very close to the front so I was gooood. all the smart people did that :8) I liked it because ever line was maybe max 20 minutes long.

Mairu

I know its your first event but from what you seem on streams etc did it feel dead there audience wise? Everytime I saw crowd on stream it looked like barely anyone was there.

The crowd didn't look that bad during the finals... I still think hosting an event in Raleigh is stupid though

(._.)

Banned
The crowd didn't look that bad during the finals... I still think hosting an event in Raleigh is stupid though

yea it's weird because I heard they cut Orlando. I would figure Orlando would be much bigger event so why didn't they cut Raleigh ?

Corran Horn

yea it's weird because I heard they cut Orlando but not Raleigh. I would figure Orlando would be much bigger event so why didn't they cut Raleigh ?

Costs? Maybe Raleigh gave them nice rate since it brings people in while Orlando needs no help to bring people into the city.

Unverified source says Kespa has agreed to participate in GSL S5 and all remaining ones; OSL will resume with all ESF players
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=363756

Thread was locked, with remaining speculation/talk happening here:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=363249&currentpage=80

I hope this is true. Everyone needs to be on the same page if SC2 is to grow in Korea. Players will have more tournaments to participate in, earn more money, the game will have a larger spotlight, etc. The last couple months have been great for SC2 in Korea imo, as we've seen many players participating in WCS and various qualifiers; it has been a great way for GOM players who don't have the spotlight/fame to make names for themselves, and play meaningful games instead of just being stuck in Code A or B.

Wedge7

Thank god that issue was resolved. Exciting news to hear around 90 Kespa guys possibly trying out for GSL, pretty damn exciting times.

OSL starting in a few days as well should also be incredibly exciting, man, cant wait.

twofold

Dear GOMTV.net users,

This is Mr. Chae.

Many things have happened over the last week and I believe many overseas fans have been following the news regarding the current situation in Korean e-Sports. We have been looking over the comments on various community sites regarding this incident and were very moved by the many fans who left encouraging messages for GOMTV on Twitter and community boards. We promise to repay your kindness with great content.

GSL Season 4 will begin today with the Up&Down matches. We hope all of you are looking forward to a series of exciting matches that will determine who will participate in this season’s Code S tournament.

In contrast to the unfortunate news we had to announce last week, we are happy that today we will be able to greet you with some good news.

The Korean e-Sports association (KeSPA) has decided to participate in the GSL Season 4 Code A qualifiers and we have already received the list of participants.

Because of this, there will be an adjustment to the schedule for the GSL Season 4 Code A qualifiers:

- Old date: September 5th/6th -> New date: September 12th/13th

Additionally, we are currently in discussion regarding Code A and Code S seeds for KeSPA players. GOMTV is planning to provide 2 Code S seeds as well as 4 Code A seeds for players of the Korean e-Sports association. We will update you with the list of seeded players as soon as they are confirmed.

We have some additional news regarding the Up&Down matches. Because of a severe typhoon warning, the return of the Korean players who were attending MLG will be delayed. It is possible that we will have to adjust the schedule for the Up&Down matches on short notice, due to some players not being able to attend because of this natural disaster. We are currently in contact with the players in the US and will revise the schedule accordingly, if needed.

Many things have happened over the last week. We would like to once again thank all e-Sports fans for their tremendous support and words of encouragement for GOMTV.

This is the beginning. We will strive to provide all of you with the best content possible. See you at the GSL.

Thank you.

http://www.gomtv.net/forum/view.gom?topicid=224111&cid=0&kind=8

Well, that turned out way better than expected. Good stuff. I wonder who's going to get the Code S/Code A seeds.

Zzoram

FUCK YES.

It was either going to end like this or with KeSPA abandoning SC2 all together. Thank goodness it ended like this. I can't wait to see KeSPA vs ESF drama.

Code S/A seeds should probably be awarded via a KeSPA-only qualifying tournament if we want the best players, otherwise they may seed based on ProLeague/WCS performance.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
cross individual play in OSL and GSL

individual leagues for GSTL and what ever team league kespa have

then a play off between the winner of GSTL + kespa team league every few months

i think thats what should happen.

Yoshichan

sorry, I'm super slow today... but kespa is gonna be in GSL now right?

Top Bottom