• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
watch Flash move on to dota2

or switch to protoss

at least there's a future in both of those plans

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
btw that redull lan thing is happening now
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Day[9]

Welcome to Trial of the Xel’Naga: Day 1. Tonight, Red Bull and Day[9]TV bring you StarCraft II eSports with a twist. YOU the spectator are granted super powers to join the game live and change the outcome!

Tonight’s theme is FIRE. Which players will the fires consume and which players will be imbued with a toasty inner fire? Tonight, you decide the fates and choose to implement crazy blessings or curses on the players. Trial of the Xel’Naga will consist of an 8-person single elimination 2v2 bracket. Rather than playing alone, each pro player will be joined by an amateur player chosen from the audience. Thursday and Friday, 4 players will play each night and 2 will advance. On Saturday, the advancing players will compete in the semifinals and finals matches.

edit: oh god i forgot how bad day9's scream hurts my speakers....and husky sounds weird

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
the game is boring if you don't know whats going on.

It's an extremely anti-noob friendly game.
wait, Dota2 isn't noob friendly? I thought the purpose of MOBA games (or whatever they're called) was that they're easy to learn, unlike SC2.

Holden

108 heroes, with each 4ish spells ( possibly more, a hero has 14 )
100ish items
i still learn new stuff today.

Starcraft 2, just build a random unit and you can win in lower league so its much easier for nubs. And you can see in spectating, is just units pew pew each other, bigger the unit is, more powerfull it is.

Dota2 just has a big knowledge barrier, i don't think you can watch a dota game without breaking it. But if your new and play with friends that can carry you and teach you and you are willing to listen then its a lot easier game, but if there is nobody to guide you then its pretty hard.

fanboi

Banned
108 heroes, with each 4ish spells ( possibly more, a hero has 14 )
100ish items
i still learn new stuff today.

Starcraft 2, just build a random unit and you can win in lower league so its much easier for nubs. And you can see in spectating, is just units pew pew each other, bigger the unit is, more powerfull it is.

Dota2 just has a big knowledge barrier, i don't think you can watch a dota game without breaking it. But if your new and play with friends that can carry you and teach you and you are willing to listen then its a lot easier game, but if there is nobody to guide you then its pretty hard.

Well since it is a MOBA game the focus is ofcourse around one unit.

Startcraft offers a more deep strategic point of view then MOBA (of course, playing as a team is both + and - for me since you can execute team strategies BUT you can play good while rest shit and you lose, in SC2 you only blame yourself) in my eyes.

You can execute so many small actions that ripples away untill your opponent drowns in waves.

Yoshichan

So it's a memory game.

Cool.

I still prefer a game that requires, you know, more than that.

Yoshichan

Chess is all about memory and calculations - and you can win millions of $ in that.

Yoshichan

blizzards asked to have the HOTS custom maps taken down; the maps disappear on september the 3rd.
Beta September 4th, confirmed

edit: my offer still stands, btw... $200 for a HotS beta.

Yoshichan

Well, I just voted for League of Legends on Steam.

Yoshichan

also i was banned for 2 months did anyone notice. no

:(
._. what are you talking about? Was it a recent ban? I don't remember you getting banned lately <.<

Holden

Hey, money makes the world go round, especially if I'm supporting me and my girlfriend with only one paycheck. And 200 for something I can 99 % get? I like those odds!

dota 2 were like 300-500$ possibly more, so there should be better deals on ebay lol

but HEY SOMEBODY GOT BANNED FROM GAF FOR DOING THAT.

profit

dota 2 were like 300-500$ possibly more, so there should be better deals on ebay lol

but HEY SOMEBODY GOT BANNED FROM GAF FOR DOING THAT.

For selling beta keys? Well I hope the mods know I'm only joking, I would actually feel bad selling something I got for free....

Holden

For selling beta keys? Well I hope the mods know I'm only joking, I would actually feel bad selling something I got for free....

mods dont know our secret hideout, we're safe here...

but ya he got banned for emailing valve for keys for "GAF" and sold them on ebay.

i think some dude on reddit found this out, not sure.

Top Bottom