• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
2 hour dark soul stream, finished.

your turn corran.

I killed that giant knight with the mace, another giant knight and a boss.

fanboi

Banned
mods dont know our secret hideout, we're safe here...

but ya he got banned for emailing valve for keys for "GAF" and sold them on ebay.

i think some dude on reddit found this out, not sure.

That was quite different I think... since he made a thread saying keys keys keys! Then went CASH CASH CASH.

(._.)

Banned
Aren't dota2 games too long to be spectator friendly?

honestly I used to think this but I was wrong. I am starting to get nto spectating LoL and it has a ton of back and forth action. LoL/DotA2 can be very fun to watch.

Maybe it's the current meta or just the way the game is designed but there is something about SC2 that makes it not very fun to watch sometimes. So many games/match ups feel very predictable after the first 7 minutes go by. Some matches have 10+ minutes with zero action ending with one 10 second big battle. I would say SC2's biggest problem for me is that it needs to be designed so that it's not only fun to play but also just as fun to watch.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I did a SC2GAF shoutout to Evilore at least 4 times today...

feelsgoodman

zlatko

Banned
the chinese version of SC2 I think has the best protoss character voices

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoFUlWkGAqg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJvaUDmqNng

I love Korean Zerg Queen voice.

On a side note though my Blizz account once again was attempted to be stolen, or was hacked even with an authenticator and a crazy ass password of doom.

I'll check later tonight if they stole shit from my WoW account or my D3 items, which I could care less about, however, like I mentioned in the GW2 thread, if they even play a single game on my account or somehow made it so I could never play on my B.net ID for SC2...well...then:

NeyWf.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
KANDEROOOUU

SHUSSHII

TSOOOSUMIDA

I miss my Korean marines :( I hate you Blizzard.

honestly I used to think this but I was wrong. I am starting to get nto spectating LoL and it has a ton of back and forth action. LoL/DotA2 can be very fun to watch.

Maybe it's the current meta or just the way the game is designed but there is something about SC2 that makes it not very fun to watch sometimes. So many games/match ups feel very predictable after the first 7 minutes go by. Some matches have 10+ minutes with zero action ending with one 10 second big battle. I would say SC2's biggest problem for me is that it needs to be designed so that it's not only fun to play but also just as fun to watch.

I've been thinking about this lately actually. While I do like the evolution of the metagame, there's no question that SC2 is very boring in the early game. Nearly every match plays out the exact same, and the game is moving away from quick harass (4 gate nerfs, Queen buff, etc); it seems like HOTS will continue this by turning the Nexus into a Planetary Fortress.

There are games where 11 (in game) minutes go by without any action. Sure I like seeing some of the mind games and macro stuff, but I can see why new viewers (or BW fans who are switching over) could have problems with paying attention early

Mairu

Man. The International makes every other tournament so far look like shit. Better step it up in China, Blizzard.

Mairu

for real, why?

The production value is ridiculous. The stream is amazing, and if you're not satisfied with the free 1080p you can always open the game client yourself and watch it as an in game spectator. The setup is really, really nice. They have four hosts/analysts, two commentators, and two large five-man booths. Everything looks extremely professional, without looking fake (nobody's dressed up looking like they don't belong).

Having the stream on twitchtv & own3d makes everyone happy. They also had three other streams for the other camera views out of game - one for each team's booth and one pointed at the crowd. The crowd is totally fucking into it and there shouldn't be any complaints about crowd noise because everything is clearly mic'd up perfectly. And beyond that... while I don't know much about dota, the matches I managed to watch at work and at home today all seemed somewhat even. It doesn't feel like Starcraft 2 where you almost know who's going to win before, or even if you think you do it still gets tense. Three out of the four winners bracket matches went to a third game. They've followed up the matches with good interviews that actually have to do with the game they're playing and not generic "how do you feel" questions.

I'm just so impressed and it makes me want to try to learn how to play the damn game again. Blizzard should be put on notice for the production we got out of this. Valve may have spent a ton of money on The International, but it's not like Activision-Blizzard is hurting for money.

Even if you aren't interested in Dota2, you should check the stream out just to see what we should be getting for any other tournament.

http://www.twitch.tv/dota2ti main stream
http://www.twitch.tv/dota2ti_pod_1 - team 1 cam
http://www.twitch.tv/dota2ti_pod_2 - team 2 cam
http://www.twitch.tv/dota2ti_hall - audience cam

Vaporak

Watching Proleague, I think it's the start of the playoffs. Best thing about proleague is it airing at a reasonable time.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
whilst it's great. I do see an issue

sponsors and paid tournaments

how will anyone make any money out of dota 2 tournaments? the international works as it's valve...

Top Bottom