• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Mairu

whilst it's great. I do see an issue

sponsors and paid tournaments

how will anyone make any money out of dota 2 tournaments? the international works as it's valve...

Anyone? You're welcome to ask any of the teams that have sponsors. Tournaments? Dreamhack & JoinDOTA... the game probably will get picked up by other tournaments following the actual "release"

The International probably does less for other tournament organizers than Riot's upcoming league should theoretically do

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
yeah i guess. i dunno i'm just thinking of some scenarios that work with sc2 that wouldnt work with dota / if the sc2 client allowed obs'ing of tourney games with commentary

mainly GSL lol as the soul reason for it is.. the gom player.. as that is what gom are

Mairu

yeah i guess. i dunno i'm just thinking of some scenarios that work with sc2 that wouldnt work with dota / if the sc2 client allowed obs'ing of tourney games with commentary

mainly GSL lol as the soul reason for it is.. the gom player.. as that is what gom are

you can set games to private

edit: not to mention dota2 has easily been the most team/sponsor friendly game having the whole team icons & team sponsors on the in game banners

Zzoram

Watching Panda's Dark Souls part 3 I learned that if you try to walk up the broken stairs in the Undead Burg, you can see the ladder hanging above the bonfire.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
you can set games to private

edit: not to mention dota2 has easily been the most team/sponsor friendly game having the whole team icons & team sponsors on the in game banners

ah cool I didn't know you could do that.

yes i saw the banners and i like those. I lol'd that DK just had the chinese flag

(._.)

Banned
The more I think about it the more I feel HotS should be a free patch not an expansion. Should we really have to pay for features that were in SCBW and WCIII? Charge for the single player campaign as DLC and that's it. Maybe the extra units too that split the multiplayer.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
The more I think about it the more I feel HotS should be a free patch not an expansion. Should we really have to pay for features that were in SCBW and WCIII? Charge for the single player campaign as DLC and that's it. Maybe the extra units too that split the multiplayer.

You know some of those Battle.net features are coming to WoL too? Its just not updating until HotS since its a battle.net update.

(._.)

Banned
ohhh ok, if so then that's good. I thought you had to have HotS to like start a clan or watch replays with people.

gogogo Team 8!

Those additions should have been added long ago. Blizzard's argument about basic shit being hard to implement doesn't hold weight here - there's no excuse for no clan support, or the ability to create your own tournaments, or multi viewer replays, etc. I'd imagine re-creating games after DCs takes long to do, so I'm not upset about that

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
ohhh ok, if so then that's good. I thought you had to have HotS to like start a clan or watch replays with people.

Some features might be exclusive though...who knows its blizzard.

Those additions should have been added long ago. Blizzard's argument about basic shit being hard to implement doesn't hold weight here - there's no excuse for no clan support, or the ability to create your own tournaments, or multi viewer replays, etc. I'd imagine re-creating games after DCs takes long to do, so I'm not upset about that

Blame blizzard for having a seperate team that only works on battle.net. So they were busy with Diablo 3 now they can focus again on SC2.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Rough night? Rough night.

Q83gq.png

gogogo Team 8!

And they still need to add a direct feed to tournaments going on (or at least a bigger indication they are happening). You can go online during some major tournaments and there will be over a million people online. Blizzard just isn't harnassing that crowd at all.

There are also so many features besides the ones you mention that blizzard should be adding (and they wouldn't even take long).

So frustrating to see SC2 get mismanaged so badly and then you see how riot and valve are handling things. Blizzard needs to step up their game.

Deadman

Number of posts per topic on team liquid:

MLG Raleigh day 1: 3084
MLG Raleigh day 2: 5816
MLG Raleigh day 3: 5680

The international day 1: 10,016

Replaced on our own website within 2 days of switching :(

Map pool for next gsl announced

Whirlwind
Ohana
Cloud Kingdom
Entombed Valley
Antiga Shipyard
Daybreak
Abyssal City

Atlantis spaceship and metropolis removed.

This is abyssal city

Poor Mana...

Also, nothing makes me happier than watching both LoL and Dota 2 take a massive shit over sc2 which has been losing popularity and stream numbers for months now.

Laziness and greed doesn't pay out in the end, who would've thought ?

Zzoram

Mana is lucky that at least PvT favors T in the current metagame or his group of death would be even worse. He also has the advantage of only training 1 match up.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Zzoram

Since my PS3 playthrough was as a mage, it was ezmode. Watching people struggling melee against enemies that you can easily pew pew is why I'm doing a no-magic run for PC. Crystal Homing Soul Mass is basically god mode.

No magic. The real Dark Souls starts here.

Panda, equip a shield with better magic blocking

Holden

Since my PS3 playthrough was as a mage, it was ezmode. Watching people struggling melee against enemies that you can easily pew pew is why I'm doing a no-magic run for PC. Crystal Homing Soul Mass is basically god mode.

No magic. The real Dark Souls starts here.

be a man and do no magic no armor run like me

im at
blighttown

Yoshichan

pc-version is easy mode ._.

Zzoram

Panda, when it lands, two-hand your sword for more damage

who are you talking to? not seeing anything on the twitch chat

Yoshichan

"imbalance is what it is"

:lol

profit

EG and Slayers part ways

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA. - SEPTEMBER 1, 2012. - Today Evil Geniuses (EG), North America's premier professional gaming team, and SlayerS Clan, one of South Korea’s most prestigious StarCraft 2 teams, announce that they have mutually agreed to part ways.

The partnership between EG and SlayerS, which allowed for a combined SlayerS-EG GSTL presence as well as EG players’ consistent inhabitance in the SlayerS training facility in Seoul Korea, spanned more than ten months and was overall very beneficial for both teams. However, after almost a year together, SlayerS and EG have agreed that it is in the best interests of both parties to go their separate ways.

Evil Geniuses' General Manager, Cody Conners, remarked, "SlayerS was extremely accommodating, and we're grateful for their hospitality. They took care of PuMa, JYP, IdrA, HuK, and ThorZaIN while our relationship lasted. Without their help, our efforts in Korea wouldn't have been nearly as effective."

Added EG CEO Alexander Garfield, “We are very grateful for Jessica and all of SlayerS’ assistance as an EG partner over the past year, but now’s the right time for us to head our separate ways.”

SlayerS Clan will compete in the upcoming GSTL season either by themselves or with a new team partner. Evil Geniuses will continue to maintain a strong, ongoing training and team presence in South Korea, the details of which will be released in the coming weeks.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=365237
http://evilgeniuses.net/evil-geniuses-and-slayers-clan-end-partnership/

This part made me laugh though.
ABOUT EVIL GENIUSES
Founded in 1999, Evil Geniuses is the world’s best video game team. With support from brands like Intel, Monster Energy, Kingston HyperX, SteelSeries, and others, EG’s roster includes prominent players such as Justin "JWong" Wong, Greg "IdrA" Fields, Chris “HuK” Loranger, Clinton "Fear" Loomis, and Geoff “iNcontroL” Robinson. For more than a decade, Evil Geniuses’ teams and players have been bringing home championship trophies from the world’s most prestigious gaming tournaments, and continue to serve as community pillars for gamers everywhere.

Yoshichan

Best video game team, you say?

edit: Why is absolutely NO ONE streaming today?

Yoshichan

Thank you. PM me or post in this thread when you're live~

Top Bottom