• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The only records I'm breaking are the ones of getting beaten by players that have 120, 130 and now 140 less apm than me.

I average around 60 APM. The majority of games my opponent has more than double my APM (it's pretty fun beating people with up to 4 times my APM).

Edit: Maybe not majority but a lot.

FoxSpirit

Idra is everything that's wrong with SC2 streams, I really want to watch with the sound on but there is nothing out there that isn't cringe worthy, it's like telling yourself that final fantasy music is great. Sase's hat tells it all, sc2 must be the only redeeming quality he has, no idea about destiny, most of the time I check him out there's nothing going on or he plays lol.

I should start streaming my 4v4 with noise music.
The best music on stream is by Stephano. All around class.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
watching sc2 streams for the music is like going to the $5 all you can eat buffet for the service.

protoss need apm ?

I'm still working this out from the games my friend and i have played. I'm up to close to 500 games and terran still have the lowest average APM (this is in high diamond/low masters). There is also no correlation between the players APM and whether or not they win.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Terran end game macro alone requires more apm then protoss late game micro+macro. This is based off of the leagues where people are good.

Terran end game macro alone requires more apm then protoss late game micro+macro. This is based off of the leagues where people are good.

Which level would that be? It isn't true at GM or the pro level. I guess somewhere between high diamond/low masters and the GM level terran players have a real tough time.

Yoshichan

Watch high master protoss players like InControl, QuanticBlack, Desrow, and you notice how little apm you actually need to macro up and survive. Now watch a zerg/terran player at the same caliber and start comparing.

edit: I don't blame protoss players btw. It's just the way warp-ins work.

Yoshichan

You mean like goody?
I have 160 apm as terran mech, and I feel that's slow as fuck. It's more than enough for a protoss player though.

edit: In HotS, protoss will finally be able to expand their apm-barrier since they're finally getting some apm-required units.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Watch high master protoss players like InControl, QuanticBlack, Desrow, and you notice how little apm you actually need to macro up and survive. Now watch a zerg/terran player at the same caliber and start comparing.

edit: I don't blame protoss players btw. It's just the way warp-ins work.
How about you start watching good protoss first...

Yoshichan

:(, i played so bad.
It happens even to the best of us. When are you streaming again? I'd love to see some today, if you're in the mood for it?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
lately i've pretty much replaced my destiny stream watching with avilo stream watching, since they pretty much have the same schtick and avilo's rage is funnier.

my favourite recent gem [in tvp]:
Now the game becomes a guessing game because he'll have a stalker out and there's no way to get an scv in if he has a stalker out.

Holden

lately i've pretty much replaced my destiny stream watching with avilo stream watching, since they pretty much have the same schtick and avilo's rage is funnier.

Now the game becomes a guessing game because he'll have a stalker out and there's no way to get an scv in if he has a stalker out.

LOL indeed a gem.

Im setting up stream right now btw yoshi, so i should be live in like a minute or 2

www.twitch.tv/holden21

Yoshichan

Thanks Holden!
He's right though. We don't have flying supply depots or free units that are invisible, tiny and flies!

I'm joking, calm down ♥

FoxSpirit

watching sc2 streams for the music is like going to the $5 all you can eat buffet for the service.
But when I watch Stephano, I can have both. Plus his incredibly calm and clearcut playstyle.
Too bad all I play is LoL anymore, no time for SCII.

Yoshichan

Some of you are missing out!

Yoshichan

No bans will be going out today :mad:

edit: HAH, HAH, HAH! I edited it out! And here I was, thinking you were a professional, Corran. Pfft!

Haunted

Sickest play by Nerchio in the grand finals at this Polish tournament just now.

He prepares the usual unbeatable Infestor + Brood Lord army on 4 bases, Sage counters with the perfect composition of Stalkers, Archons + Mothership, pushes in and lands the vortex he wanted on most of the Broods, jumps in with his Archons....

...and Nerchio runs around 20 Banelings he had hidden waay out of sight right in there.

Denzel-Boom.gif

profit

Wait, you guys are around the same APM as me? I think I'm spamming a bit too much then, since I'm just at top Silver.... Need to fill the spam with macro :(

Yoshichan

200apm at silver? Spam.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Wait, you guys are around the same APM as me? I think I'm spamming a bit too much then, since I'm just at top Silver.... Need to fill the spam with macro :(

200apm silver? yeah... just a bit much.

30apm would probably be more than enough.

Yoshichan

Fuck, I missed the last parts of the stream Panda... did you end up beating the boss of the sewers dungeon?

Top Bottom