• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
"Is that a crocodile?
Oh no, that's not a crocodile...
Oh God no, that is NOT a crocodile! That's a very, very angry crocodile if it is!"

:lol Good job beating the (what everyone calls it) vagina boss! He was a waste of opportunity :( Such an easy fight. GJ nonetheless though!
you know its true.
no need to denie it
♥

Mairu

incontrol said stephano only staying in the eg house for a week.

HOPE HES RIGHT.

SlayerS & EG just ended their agreement in Korea. EG stated they would announce their Korean plans soon. Stephano is joining EG.

Stephano to Korea in their new team-agreement with X Korean team?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
watching a DS stream of a guy doing his 7th run as a speed run.

he's one shotting every boss so far.

12 minutes to ring the first bell, lol.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yuuuuup, that's DkS all right. 4 runs and you're good to go, one-shotting everything in your path. It makes me want to throw up in my mouth.

But whatever :/

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yuuuuup, that's DkS all right. 4 runs and you're good to go, one-shotting everything in your path. It makes me want to throw up in my mouth.

But whatever :/

the one im watching is using a ring that doubles damage you receive.

so its kinda like license to kill mode for dark souls.

capra demons stopped him in his tracks though lol. one shots him before he can cast anything.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Wow so suddenly Starcraft II decided it doesn't want to allow me to play from my alternate hard drive, tech support telling me it MUST be on C: or it won't play. Dumb Blizz.

Yoshichan

That can't be true though... my cousin doesn't have SC2 on his C:\\-drive and it still works. Did you try the repair-tool?
the one im watching is using a ring that doubles damage you receive.

so its kinda like license to kill mode for dark souls.

capra demons stopped him in his tracks though lol. one shots him before he can cast anything.
I personally prefer the Clever Rats Ring from Demon's Souls. At 25% life, you get a proc that increases your damage x2.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Anyone got advice for this question Im having?

So for my stream im using a HD PVR to stream console footage. If I want to stream plus be on mumble/chat with people I have to hear the game audio twice (through my tv, and through pc) which can be kinda hard to deal with. Ive tried things with having majority of pc audio going through one sound card and mumble through another but then xsplit isnt picking up my mumble conversations. Any ideas that I might be missing?

What ive done in the past was use my netbook as a mumble conversation device but thats kinda annoying.

I really hope Stephano doesn't sign with EG. I don't hate EG, I'm just tired of them buying the biggest players (who then start sucking lolol).

They should focus less on signings and more on making the current team better.

Anyone got advice for this question Im having?

So for my stream im using a HD PVR to stream console footage. If I want to stream plus be on mumble/chat with people I have to hear the game audio twice (through my tv, and through pc) which can be kinda hard to deal with. Ive tried things with having majority of pc audio going through one sound card and mumble through another but then xsplit isnt picking up my mumble conversations. Any ideas that I might be missing?

What ive done in the past was use my netbook as a mumble conversation device but thats kinda annoying.

I'm not experienced at all with the device but can you not turn the playback down on hd pvr and just leave the recording level up? So in playback devices, right click, properties, levels or something? On my phone at the moment so just going off the top of my head.

Or can you not use the windows mixer function to mute playback volume of the software and again just leave recording volume up, so it still records volume?

(._.)

Banned
I really hope Stephano doesn't sign with EG. I don't hate EG, I'm just tired of them buying the biggest players (who then start sucking lolol).

They should focus less on signings and more on making the current team better.

Only way I see them catching up with the competition is signing good players. Not trying to show disdain towards idra, incontrol, etc but lets face it. Most of them were never very good to begin with. Only reason why they had success in tournaments is because they were playing a new game with no competition and a developing meta. I personally think HuK can mount a comeback. His results in 2012 haven't been great but he's made it deep into some MLGs. He's always seemed to have a pretty pure mindset on how to train also. JYP and Puma are both decent players and still show promise. Stephano is very good and sort of fits in with EG. I hope he still does well when he signs. Liquid on the other hand is pretty much carried by two koreans arguably in the top ten best atm.

Liquid on the other hand is pretty much carried by two koreans arguably in the top ten best atm.

One of them being number 1, in the hair style department!

Incontrol needs to give up his title as a pro gamer already and just play for fun and to keep his knowledge up for casting and hosting. He's never really shown any consistent great results and with all the YouTube content he does for eg and work for tournaments etc I doubt he ever will.

I hope idra does well soon and I hope huk can stop playing lol for a while.

Corran Horn

Incontrol needs to give up his title as a pro gamer already and just play for fun and to keep his knowledge up for casting and hosting. He's never really shown any consistent great results and with all the YouTube content he does for eg and work for tournaments etc I doubt he ever will.
He basically has. In all the recent interviews you here him saying he taking casting/hosting duties as priority now over being a player, or that is how he presents it. But he still plays, I dont mind that...I mean artosis would consider himself that for a long time.

Corran Horn

Also laddered some tonight. First time in like 2-3 weeks. God Diamond zergs are easy...just like throwing away end game armies allowing me to just 1a and do something else or just enjoy the battle lol.

Also I hate PvP...FUCKING HATE IT. Lost like 3 in a row then said fuck it and 4 gated...won...sigh. I need a strict build or something because I feel like I am always behind.

Also I hate PvP...FUCKING HATE IT. Lost like 3 in a row then said fuck it and 4 gated...won...sigh. I need a strict build or something because I feel like I am always behind.

Is it worth early expanding in the higher leagues? Certainly isn't at a lower level, hope it doesn't continue all the way up.

I never know how to react to an early expand in pvt pvp. I go into panic mode cause I'm going to be behind and get an expo down asap. I should really play around with going ok, I'll go deal some damage and try catch up that way but that kinda messes up the whole, "just macro macro macro" thing.

(._.)

Banned

PvP is probably my strongest match up atm. I feel like you can get away being a little greedy in this match up as long as you're scouting properly and have a strong 1base all-in planned out properly. I don't see any point in expanding in this matchup if your chances of winning are just as likely if you're doing an all-in compared to a macro based game. I just do 1base colossus all-in. Win most of my PvPs with it.

Yoshichan

So why did I just wake up from the weirdest dream ever? Parts of it involved Marauders being able to shoot up, and I posted about it here and no one believed me. Turns out, it was only in my client that they could shoot up. I got furious and wanted to prove that I wasn't lying... then something obscure happened. I don't wanna talk about that.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Code S is going to be great this season. Group 3 in particular looks to make some good games.

Zzoram

GSL this season will be epic because of the KeSPA seeds and every other player being incredibly good.

Too bad Fantasy isn't in this, I think he would do well.

Yoshichan

No, don't start. I'm at work.

Holden

beta might start tomorow

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=360784&currentpage=58

http://you.video.sina.com.cn/api/si...IwtdQ0/XM5GRZtUD5S/TB9kEqDhATJw3cfsg0ho/s.swf

This map was deleted one day after they posted.

I think it's not a personal made map because all models and icons are as same as offical ones. Although some unit names are in Chinese, you still can read and understand.

Important Changes:

Zerg:
Ultralisks' frenzied ability have not been deleted.

Terrian:
Widow mines' damage was decreased to 160 from 200.
BCs' damage to ground was increased to 10 from 8.
Reapers' regeneration ability doesn't need research, the upgrade to their speed is still there.

Protoss:
Oracles' cloak field ability was deleted, instead, they can scan a target area, all cloaked and burrowed units will be visible for 20s.
Tempests' damage decreased to 30 and no longer have additional damage to massive units, attack speed decreased from 6 to 3.3.
The purifier ability of mothership core has been changed to 25 damage, range 7 lasts 45 seconds from 60 damage, range 13 lasts 20 seconds.
Mothership core now have a new ugly model.
Mothership core now can move with a speed of 0.47.
Mothership core's teleport to nexus ability has been deleted.
Mothership core now have 100 shield and 150 Hp, down from 350/350.
Mothership now have cloak field ability.
Mothership's vortex ability now stun the units in target area for 20s and prevent any damage to these units.

giving protoss scan? LOL

looks like they made tempest more like guardianzszszsz

all could be fake aswell. But the video has official models

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

It's still early, I have faith.

fanboi

Banned
blizz just doesn't fucking know what they are doing lol;

Hah yeah!

KGYMYh.png

Yoshichan

Yet another day without anyone streaming...

What the fuck is going on with SC2? Jokes aside, I'm getting worried... are people really taking a shit over WoL because HotS is coming out in 6-12 months?

Yoshichan

remember reapers lose their versus building attack.

i imagine TvT reapers would be good.
Yup, I'm glad they removed that - it was horrible :/ Also I hope they change the Reaper priorities... it should know that their priorities are workers > queen > buildings.

edit: Or, I could just become a better player and start shift-buffering my commands. I know.

Top Bottom