• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I keep posting in the wrong thread!

(._.)

Banned
I'm thinking of streaming sometime ._.

need people like EJ, corran and holden to watch and point out my mistakes

Holden

I need to learn more than one build for each match up :

You really don't, until you are a better

Making your macro better should be the only thing for now, and to do that : just practice more

I do the same builds every game per MU, i see myself doing mistakes most of the time, you don't practice 12 hours a day where you will perfect builds in a shorter amount of time

You allin so many times, cargelot archon pvt , and u said u just 4gate pvp now

The technology of it wasn't there yet, they are just doing it apple style: add features that could of been in the previous product so that ppl will find it more interesting

I was working on that specific build for a week. I play lategame PvT all the time. And I gave up on PvP in WoL

(._.)

Banned
So I turned my stream settings down and lag went away mostly but there still was a minor stutter. I need to fix that. Makes the game borderline unplayable.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
2012gstls3matches.png

yay gstl...no TL though :( Wish TL could have a chance with TaeJa there lol

I'll be in the beta for the next wave, dunno when it'll happen. I might get an extra one but we'll see

If I get another one it's going to Panda or Corran <3

When you guys are learning a new race do you still play 1v1 or should I just be playing team games to get the hang of things?

BTW, does anyone ever get ladder nerves? Honestly mine are really bad. I realize it is a game and all but every single time I play 1v1 (I am fine in team games) I get really nervous and forget its even a game at all. Its like a personal war between me and my opponent. It doesn't help that just about all my opponents take the game extremely seriously as well and I never seem to play with just casual players. What am I supposed to do to overcome this? Sometimes is so bad that it stops me from even playing 1v1 at all. Should I just go on a mass losing streak doing trollish and ridiculous builds until I get to the point where I just don't even give a shit if I lose anymore? I'm really considering that. I want to be able to enjoy this as a game instead of feeling like I'm entering a fight to the death in every 1v1 game. I think I'm going to try listening to music as well.

(._.)

Banned
When you guys are learning a new race do you still play 1v1 or should I just be playing team games to get the hang of things?

BTW, does anyone ever get ladder nerves? Honestly mine are really bad. I realize it is a game and all but every single time I play 1v1 (I am fine in team games) I get really nervous and forget its even a game at all. Its like a personal war between me and my opponent. It doesn't help that just about all my opponents take the game extremely seriously as well and I never seem to play with just casual players. What am I supposed to do to overcome this? Sometimes is so bad that it stops me from even playing 1v1 at all. Should I just go on a mass losing streak doing trollish and ridiculous builds until I get to the point where I just don't even give a shit if I lose anymore? I'm really considering that. I want to be able to enjoy this as a game instead of feeling like I'm entering a fight to the death in every 1v1 game. I think I'm going to try listening to music as well.

I was once like you. I used to feel very anxious when playing ladder. Like sooo much to the point where I stopped playing the game and hated it. I still do sometimes feel a bit on edge but I mostly have it under control. Rot of the problem is you care too much about your rank and ladder points.

losing streak imo isn't a good idea. DO NOT do that to your mmr.

What you should do is schedule a time period where you will play for maybe one hour each day. Make sure to stick to this period of time and always play at that time. you need to get used to playing.

Play that one hour daily and just try and stay calm with deep breathing and positive thoughts. remember that you're playing to improve and have fun, not win every game. You can play music if it helps but for me it doesn't. I just get distracted by the lyrics.

Best way to get over your nerves is through often exposure and changing your mindset through positive thinking.

I got over my nerves plus improved greatly when I scheduled a time to play each day plus started thinking more positively.

I was once like you. I used to feel very anxious when playing ladder. Like sooo much to the point where I stopped playing the game and hated it. I still do sometimes feel a bit on edge but I mostly have it under control. Rot of the problem is you care too much about your rank and ladder points.

losing streak imo isn't a good idea. DO NOT do that to your mmr.

What you should do is schedule a time period where you will play for maybe one hour each day. Make sure to stick to this period of time and always play at that time. you need to get used to playing.

Play that one hour daily and just try and stay calm with deep breathing and positive thoughts. remember that you're playing to improve and have fun, not win every game. You can play music if it helps but for me it doesn't. I just get distracted by the lyrics.

Best way to get over your nerves is through often exposure and changing your mindset through positive thinking.

I got over my nerves plus improved greatly when I scheduled a time to play each day plus started thinking more positively.

This sounds like a good idea. Reminds me of the Day9 method. I'll try that. I thought about it and your right that going on a losing streak won't really do anything for me.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Listening to music really helps me as well. Picking the right motivating playlist can really help you get in the groove and loosen you up. For RTS it really really helps you settle into a goodmindset.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ej if you wanna allin, corran if you wanna suck, me if you wanna macro, fact.

Holden macro master: forgets what hives look like.

Listening to music really helps me as well. Picking the right motivating playlist can really help you get in the groove and loosen you up. For RTS it really really helps you settle into a goodmindset.

this will vary person to person, but if you're having anxiety issues i would suggest running with whatever playlist you use to relax or for calmer situations. Playing something thumpy that dials you up in other games might not be what you want when dealing with post game frustration.

remember that there is always
http://www.rainymood.com/

Snowman

Haven't played much SC2 lately because I've had other things going on and my friends all decided to get into LoL, but damn I want the beta so bad. Hope I get it next time or whatever :(

The War Hound looks so stupid. I really don't get the point of all these no skill, no micro units...

Blizzard's excuse is that Terran already requires so much micro/hot keys, the race could use an auto-spell unit. But most players probably won't be adding War Hounds into M&M&tank, they'll be going pure mech. I'm sure it'll be changed before launch, the only question is how much.

zlatko

Banned
Fuck! The TL hoodie is back in stock on TL, and I really want one, but don't get paid till tomorrow. Plus I don't know if I can spend an extra 60 bucks for a hoodie. BLAH! :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck! The TL hoodie is back in stock on TL, and I really want one, but don't get paid till tomorrow. Plus I don't know if I can spend an extra 60 bucks for a hoodie. BLAH! :(
I don't regret buying my Prime-stuff at all, so I think it's worth it :3

Yoshichan

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! This is like the first time in my life I have seen every single piece of clothing on a site I just want to buy holy shit. It's exactly the kind of stuff I WANT to wear, but can never find.

Is there a money fairy I can wish to now? :(
I'd let you borrow mine if you were here, zlatko &#9829;

zlatko

Banned
I'd let you borrow mine if you were here, zlatko &#9829;

Are you tall and gangly? :p I'm 6 feet tall, which I don't know how to convert into funny Europe man increments. :p

Seriously though thanks for showing me that link! I get paid tomorrow and will definitely be looking to order stuff from there. May even just put TTT2 on hold so I have an extra 60 bucks to work with. :O

Yoshichan

Apparently, 6feet is 182cm... I'm exactly 182 cm :lol

Enjoy the site!

zlatko

Banned
Apparently, 6feet is 182cm... I'm exactly 182 cm :lol

Enjoy the site!

Epic tall guy bro fist.jpg

Got any other secret awesome things you are hiding you bought? I already got a mechanical keyboard and gaming mouse. How else can I become as cool as you? :(

Yoshichan

Epic tall guy bro fist.jpg

Got any other secret awesome things you are hiding you bought? I already got a mechanical keyboard and gaming mouse. How else can I become as cool as you? :(
Play HotS beta with me and you shall become my right hand until the Gods say otherwise!

zlatko

Banned
Play HotS beta with me and you shall become my right hand until the Gods say otherwise!

I asked my friend who has a friend that works at Blizzard for the illuminati hook up for a code. No response yet. :p

I hope I get in. I'm just super rehyped about SC2 and the community around it again thanks to the beta! :D

Top Bottom