• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

(._.)

Banned
Remember in TSL3 when players like MC and Boxer were in it? Remember all the great quarter final matches in TSL3? WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED????

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Didnt even realize but finals are replays cast too :/
Guess they couldnt fly out these 2 to NY due to code S and age.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
phew, was worried there for a sec

Corran Horn

Well the players at that final are much more popular. I don't really know any of these top 4 players well at all.

TSL3 finals were kinda what helped make those dudes popular though. Naniwa was a known ladder beast and won MLG prior to TSL3 but it was the foreigner only days MLG where incontrol got 4th...lol.

Not everyone lives on the west coast, I know I just blew your mind, take a seat breath deeply (in a brown paper bag if necessary).
Typical euro response.

RwTBV.jpg

whats this

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
what are you guys talking about? all I can see are lots, and lots of pixels - but I can't identify what it is.

So many people streaming right now, HOTS seems to be making people want to stream.

TSL finals, not even 10k people watching.

There are so many SC2 tournaments going on all the time, people don't have to watch every crappy one that comes around. I haven't watched any of the TSL and i odn't regret it. They need to step up their game if they want people to care.

So many people streaming right now, HOTS seems to be making people want to stream.

There are so many SC2 tournaments going on all the time, people don't have to watch every crappy one that comes around. I haven't watched any of the TSL and i odn't regret it. They need to step up their game if they want people to care.

I never watched Dreamhack :( Should probably get on that. The only tournaments I seem to watch are MLG and GSL.

Mairu

It was unfortunate for TL that the TSL4 looked like an ESV Weekly by the time it hit ro8. Not that the players were bad, but their qualification system was clearly better for good players who haven't been able to show their success as well in live events.

I, like others, lost interest fairly quickly. They still got 20k+ viewers for the final, and when you consider it's just another online replay-casted event now, it's not really that bad.

Vaporak

They still got 20k+ viewers for the final, and when you consider it's just another online replay-casted event now, it's not really that bad.

This is the truth of it. TSL just isn't an important tournament anymore, but it did good for what it is.

(._.)

Banned
manage to kill two queens with two zealots sent to force lings to defend 3rd

*insert some meme pic in here*

ZERG RAGE QUITS

:p

This is the truth of it. TSL just isn't an important tournament anymore, but it did good for what it is.

They have the whole teamliquid fan base behind them. It's pretty impressive that they can hold a tournament and get so few viewers, it would be damn near impossible to do any worse.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
does anyone know the gomtv support email address?

:( I Want to shoot them an email about the s4 finals to see if they can hint to me if they will be at day time or night time, as if theyre day time i'll miss them so i'll just go to korea a week later when it's cheaper:(

nvm had it in my history!

Yoshichan

Hmm, so I was planning on playing HotS non-stop today also, but there's something wrong with my hands. They're like, super "chilled". I can't really describe it, but they're extremely stiff and it's almost a struggle to type this.

Anyone know a good solution to this?

Corran Horn

Almost want it like that so the epic reaction of everyone (including scoots) against slasher lol. Probably just a troll though.

I always wondered, how good are you GAF starcraft fans? Are you all in the upper leagues or do we have lower-level players here as well?

Corran Horn

I always wondered, how good are you GAF starcraft fans? Are you all in the upper leagues or do we have lower-level players here as well?

All varies, last few months though its been mostly Diamond and up players left (if even that) but prior we had all different types of leagues here.

All varies, last few months though its been mostly Diamond and up players left (if even that) but prior we had all different types of leagues here.

I used to be plat as zerg, but switching to Terran is like starting the game all over again. I bet that once HotS launches we will have a ton of people come back to starcraft and we will see a far wider variety of leagues back again. Is that supernova in your avatar btw?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I used to be plat as zerg, but switching to Terran is like starting the game all over again. I bet that once HotS launches we will have a ton of people come back to starcraft and we will see a far wider variety of leagues back again. Is that supernova in your avatar btw?

For shame good sir.

Yoshichan

Who is it? Its been driving me crazy! He definitely looks like Super Nova, but I'm guessing from your reaction it is a younger Boxer. Or NaDa?
NaDa!

Top Bottom