• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series 2014 – America, Europe & Korea Season 1

What a fucking throw LOL!!!!! Zest doesn't deserve to be here and this shows it. Colossus micro was terrible. Maru is like, oh all your meatshields are gone? Take my 4th, I'll take your army and natural lol.

4 Colossus for free and tons of Zealots to a PF lol.

Please Maru win in the winners match!

Aaron

Yeah Tasteless is definitely drunk. Also wtf was Zest thinking sending 25 Zealots to harass while Maru's army was in the middle of the map?
xVyoSl.jpg

Oh dear.
lol go home tasteless, your drunk

jk im okay with this.

edit:
:lol holy shit tasteless is on one. "You still have my Watchmen comic, man? K. I want that back" hahah

Why are we using this thread guise? And yea nexus cannon lasts too long

Because this is the WCS thread. ;b

Screw Protoss. That was just Protoss using its lategame advantage. Maru probably shouldn't have gone proxy Reaper but Dear did take some really bad engages that Maru almost won over. Colossus are just too good at dealing damage to even Marauders.

Why are we using this thread guise? And yea nexus cannon lasts too long

I think WCS includes MLG GSL ESL so this is a megathread for all of them?

EDIT: Oh in OP," In 2014, StarCraft II WCS will remain a three-season event operated from three primary regions—America, Europe, and Korea—broadcasting matches in primetime from each region over Twitch."

That took too long. Like wtf lategame protoss. I think Maru sniped more Nexus than Polt did in that one game. Not within one minute but damn he took so many but Dear's AOE was so damn strong!

GO MARU! Finish this and get to the RO8.

Absolutely fantastic play from maru tonight, so much fun to watch. That last game was killing me though, was so hoping he would just scout that proxy base and end it all.

Almost missed the very end. FUCK YEAH MARU! So good!

GSL looks like a lock for him if he gets Protoss all the way to the final while avoiding sOs and Parting. With PvP the way it is he might just get lucky.

If Soulkey is taken out then Maru's chances rises rapidly.

Wow Soulkey is out? Like wtf? To Zest of all people? Soulkey was way too cheesy this series.

Anyways go Dear and take out Zest.

ßthePenguin;103360346 said:
What's with the Zest-hate?

Look at his recent games besides him all killing SKT1, they are all terrible or his opponent made huge blunders to give him the game.

PvP is PvP so him winning over Dear wasn't a shocker as much as it was disappointing.

Anyways Maru passed which was the important part. Bad news is that he plays Life in a BO5 which Life is good at. Please Maru make your TvZ better.

Aaron

ßthePenguin;103360346 said:
What's with the Zest-hate?
It's more of a lame joke than anything else. Zest is fine, though he's a really uneven player. His games against Maru were pretty bad, but he played well for the rest of the series.

SamuraiX-

Zest in the quarterfinals over Soulkey and Dear? It's a fucking comedy show up in here.

Glad Maru made it. Sounds like all the games delivered. Maru vs Life should as well. :O

Zen

Banned
So in game 3 I honestly feel that the widow mine buff made the difference in Maru being able to wear Dear down. I had a feeling that the widow mine buff would be bigger than a lot of people thought, and they actually seem to be useful in TvP now. At least with maru they also produced more exciting games and the widow mines forced the protoss to micro more and they created a lot of zone control and additional harassment opportunities.

Protoss could actually over extend in that game, and could be punished for it more fairly when they did.

So all in all, great buff that improved TvP and made it feel both more like TvZ and fair for each side.

SamuraiX-

Been missing all the good games this week.

Fuck grad school. ;_;

Also, wtf is this?

Yeah, let's just dump all the fucking Terrans into two groups.

I love TvT but seriously ESL? REALLY??

At least I know I don't have to bother with Groups C and D since all the good games will be in Groups A and B.

The one good thing is we'll definitely get to relive dat Mvp vs MMA rivalry. Group A should be all kinds of awesome.

Edit: Just realized the Ro16 in WCS EU doesn't start for two weeks.................. that's really fucking stupid

Watching group D just because at how crazy HerO can be. I think soO and Trap will make it out, but HerO is about as likely to go 4-0 in this group as he is 0-4.

Why do Protoss keep trying to go triple Stargate so early? Any aggression and you're dead.

Someone needs to tell Trap that 4gate doesn't work if you expand.

Top Bottom