• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series 2014 – America, Europe & Korea Season 1

Double

The one good thing is we'll definitely get to relive dat Mvp vs MMA rivalry. Group A should be all kinds of awesome.

Edit: Just realized the Ro16 in WCS EU doesn't start for two weeks.................. that's really fucking stupid
Don't wanna spoil, but it's not guaranteed, is it ;>

Just saw the groups for the round of 8. Sucks so bad that maru is facing Soo despite the fact i love TvZ. It sucks because Maru is weak in TvZ but much worse than that we could end up with 3 PvP's. Feels bad man.

SamuraiX-

Sucks how round of 8 looks. Garrenteed to have a Protoss in the finals.

That was essentially guaranteed since the Ro32 though.

I only really hate that Zest is in the quarterfinals. Absolutely should not be there over Soulkey and Dear.

Hoping that both PartinG and Rain make it because then at least all the PvPs have more potential of being entertaining with sOs, herO, PartinG and Rain being there.

survivor

Banned
I'm pretty disappointed that Life and Maru will be facing each other so soon. I was really hoping they instead would work their way to the finals and face each other there.

SamuraiX-

WCS America Premier Ro32 - Group G

Anybody watching?

Polt had an almost clean sweep through the group, as expected.

The biggest surprise is this final decider match! Crim, our boy has a shot! 2-0'd Minigun after constantly getting stomped on the ladder by him. Gotta go check out what happened there.

Illusion vs Neeb starting now!

WCS America Premier Ro32 - Group G

Anybody watching?

Polt had an almost clean sweep through the group, as expected.

The biggest surprise is this final decider match! Crim, our boy has a shot! 2-0'd Minigun after constantly getting stomped on the ladder by him. Gotta go check out what happened there.

Illusion vs Neeb starting now!

Well, that was just painful. Illu didn't deserve it. Too many critical mistakes in both games.

I watched all the later Illusion games and some of Polt vs Neeb.

Yeah Illusion played bad but TvT is his worst MU so its not a surprise. I was hoping he would beat Polt with cheese and meet Minigun in the winner but that didn't work out.

Oh well next season for him just like all the other players.

Sucks that Jin Air 3-0ing SKT1 prevented us from seeing a possible semifinal preview of Maru-soO.

LolSquirtle.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA both tried to proxy 10gate each other. Too bad Squirtle didn't go through with it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
lol rain's reaction to winning, he was like "mmmm, that was delicious"

SamuraiX-

dINkdLL.png

As long as Zest or soO doesn't win, I'm good. Maru vs Life should be fun.

SamuraiX-

Zest, Rain, and Parting advance for sure. Maru vs Life is too close to call.

Zest vs sOs might should be a lot closer than we think... then again, it's PvP so who knows. And I think herO has a legitimate shot of taking out Rain 3-1 or even 3- 0 since Rain can play very predictable and herO loves to mix it up.

Missed the games. $o$ won about 2 GSL worth of money so him losing isn't a surprise. But man Zest in the semis......

I think its apparent that I dislike Zest. But I do have some respect for him now. Lets see if Rain crushes him or not.

Poor herO, maybe next GSL since he gets seeded in lol.

Maru vs Life is gonna be sick.

Syf

Banned
So hyped, Maru vs Life is finally here! Don't recall them ever playing head-to-head in a pro setting. Anyone know if they have? I feel like it could become a classic rivalry given their skill and close age.

Aaron

So hyped, Maru vs Life is finally here! Don't recall them ever playing head-to-head in a pro setting. Anyone know if they have? I feel like it could become a classic rivalry given their skill and close age.
Pretty sure they have before as the age comparison has come up. It's cruel because I want both to win.

2 base Muta sucks against bio, not sure why he tried it, especially with so few Lings.

Edit: I guess it's not bad if Terran goes banshee too but Maru didn't.

Maru made it too obvious he was going blue flame.

That Hellion attack wasn't worth it. Lost around 12 hellions for 14 drones.

Still pissed that Maru went for Banshees. And that game is over since an hour or something. Goddamit Maru. Not even going to watch the rest of the tournament.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
that was a pretty great night! big crowd there!

the one thing I still havent had is a super epic game. still many more nights of pro league and GSL.. so we'll see!

SamuraiX-

How in the fuck did soO get this far AGAIN!? Wtf PartinG??

Well, happy Life made it to the semis. It's his deepest GSL run since he won the 2012 Season 4 of GSL.

Two mirrors to make up the semifinals is really lame though.

Rooting for Rain vs Life finals. That would just be sick city. Wouldn't care who wins. <3

I feel bad for Check since good TvP and TvZ isn't going to happen in the RO8.

Disappointed Maru lost but it was close with a 2-3 vs Life and his worst MU.

SMH at Parting losing to soO.

soO vs Zest would be the worst finals period.

I really want Rain to win it all or Life to take his 2nd? or 3rd GSL.

Top Bottom