• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series 2014 – America, Europe & Korea Season 1

SamuraiX-

What about Europe S1 Finals: MMA vs MC? Will need mega hype thread.

MMA vs jjakji final is what we all deserve.

Also, gotdayum at this smack talk.

soO: "Everyone says that Zest is currently the best Protoss player, but I just don't understand how that can be true. He has no achievements at all."
Zest: "I have no achievements? How about all-killing your team, SKT?"

Not bad.

jetsetrez

Having the final in-studio makes me sad. :( They have people out in the lobby and hallway, they should at least get a gymnasium or something like they did for a few of the early WoL finals.

Also really wish this were Zest v Life, at least. Royal roader defending his title against potential second royal roader. And Life is just a lot more personable than Soo, and I like to root for ESF players.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Having the final in-studio makes me sad. :( They have people out in the lobby and hallway, they should at least get a gymnasium or something like they did for a few of the early WoL finals.

Also really wish this were Zest v Life, at least. Royal roader defending his title against potential second royal roader. And Life is just a lot more personable than Soo, and I like to root for ESF players.

The quarter finals had around 100 people and most were only there for life vs maru, the pvp semis had about 50, the zvz around 40... capacity of gom is around 300 iirc, I don't really blame them for not finding something much bigger.

SamuraiX-

Had no idea Zest lost his father. R.I.P.

Hard for me not to root for him now... especially considering that soO seems to only be driven by revenge.

jetsetrez

The quarter finals had around 100 people and most were only there for life vs maru, the pvp semis had about 50, the zvz around 40... capacity of gom is around 300 iirc, I don't really blame them for not finding something much bigger.
You're not wrong, I just think it feels a lot less prestigious, even if the bigger venue were only half full.

Also, did I just see Zest has a big photo of *himself* in his booth? Okay, well I guess I'm rooting for Zest now, lmao. Also his story is more empathetic, especially for me since I lost my father in the past year too.

SamuraiX-

Artosis: "The fact that soO is this good in StarCraft II just blows my mind. Remembering him back in Brood War, he was just the biggest joke of a Zerg."

Artosis going all in no lube.

jetsetrez

Soo didn't even have to lose the natural, he could've spared the minerals for a spine. Didn't matter in the end, though.

Majine

Banned
Jesus, if they are gonna have Ad breaks this long after every game, this is gonna take forever even with protoss cannon rushes.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I saw a cannon rush and blinked and missed the game. I'm to sleepy for breaks like this. Shiiit.

SamuraiX-

I can't remember the last GSL finals where watching RNG of creep spread was more interesting than anything else on the map.

Man PvZ is ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Give me a TvZ GSL pls.

Anyways go Zest. Zerg has won too many GSLs. Protoss now that they have been nerfed are worth rooting for even though I don't like Zest all that much.

New season of Game of Throws finals.

I mean wow soO want to gift wrap that win to Zest? Also Zest has terrible macro.

How the hell did these two get to the finals? PvPs and ZvZs? Kappa

What the fuck soO. Ling/Muta/Corruptor doesn't beat Stalker/Phoenix/Archon. Switch to Swarm Hosts or Ultralisks instead of banging your head with the same comp.

I'm surprised more Zerg don't go Ling/Hydra against standard Protoss. Unless they have a ton of Sentries for force fields, it's not that hard to overwhelm them.

Blizzard

Banned
That was a long 40-ish minute game. This last map looks much smaller. Is that likely to mean a quick game?

*edit* Apparently so.

SamuraiX-

VLcY5iw.jpg

Good lord, Zest is absolutely making sweet love to that trophy compared to other GSL champs.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Lost internet near the 2nd half of game 3.

How was it? Close I see, but interesting games I hope?

Happy for zest! Yay!

SamuraiX-

puCK somehow managed to stomp Oz's army despite having half as many Immortals.

dem storms doe

That Game 2 was actually an entertaining PvP.

Top Bottom