• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series 2014 – America, Europe & Korea Season 1

SamuraiX-

Insane group to kick off the Ro16 in WCS EU in less than 2 hours:

wXVkTsm.jpg

Should be some great games all around, but the main hype generator will be the return of an age-old rivalry...

yNp5WeX.jpg

jQgFH1q.jpg

I'm gonna be the saddest person in SC2GAF if these two don't somehow avoid playing each other in this group. ;_;

Even sadder is that I won't be able to watch it live. Gonna try to get on those VODs later tonight spoiler-free hopefully!

Edit: Bonus:

pw9K7xJ.png

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Surprisingly fun for pvp!

Someone at gom buggered up today and forgot to charge the foreigner headsets! I had to swap to a new one twice as they went flat.

Things of note:

Zest should be known as the thirsty zerg.

He had his drink bottle filled up 2 or 3 times today (peed twice!) and kept opening his door during breaks for fresh aair!

Rain just sat there silently.

What else, yeh the moods between gsl and pro league are so vastly different (you can probably tell on stream?)

But. I'll post some info and comparisons of the two next week when I'm back in australia!

Bring on ZvZ! Life hwaiting!

SamuraiX-

I didn't know Jjakji could speak english so well. Still feel sorry for Grubby.

I know! I was shocked to not see Min-Sik coming over. Straight blew my mind. I think that was the first interview I've ever seen him attempt in English.

Grubby got rekt because of poor decision-making in Game 1 but it was just bad luck in Game 2.

Just now looking at who made Code A and wow at some of the people that didn't qualify:

Creator
KassiA (not as much of a surprise but I think he's decent)
MarineKing
Hurricane
Dream

Life seriously needs to change his build order. He got hard countered in both games and got lucky soO choked in game 1.

Freaking ridiculous game. Great hold by soO.

Grats to soO. His early pressure kept getting in Life's head and got him to build a Spine Crawler really early.

SamuraiX-

I haven't checked on SC2 in over a year, is WCS the only big thing left now?

It's probably the biggest thing since it's going on all year round.

Events like IEM and DreamHack are still going very strong. MLG died but could be revived this summer. Smaller events like HomeStory Cup, ASUS ROG, Red Bull tournaments getting bigger and better.

SamuraiX-

4 Protoss, 2 Zerg and 2 Terran round out the WCS EU Quarterfinals.

Bracket drawing coming up!

fOlTXjA.png

Two PvPs... meaning 2 Protoss at max in the semifinals. I can dig it.

dat jjakji vs VortiX rematch and MMA vs Snute /kreygasm

Top Bottom