• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starhawk |OT| Not Quite Warhawk, Yet Not Quite Like Anything Else

AEREC

Why not just get the hardcopy?

Hate dealing with changing out discs...call it lazy or whatever you want but I tend to switch between a few games at a time, as well as movies and switching every time i get the urge to play something for 30 minutes or so gets a little annoying.

All games should just be available digitally so you can just sit down, press a button and play.

jayb

it still has 2 player split screen. there probably weren't that many people who used 4 player split screen in warhawk, so I can understand the cut.

The Lamp

it still has 2 player split screen. there probably weren't that many people who used 4 player split screen in warhawk, so I can understand the cut.

I used it....:( HDTVs were the first time 4-player-split-screen shooters became reasonable because you could finally kinda see what you were doing lol

KalBalboa

Banned
I actually bought a 50" DLP for Warhawk back in college thanks to four player, but I'll take the improved graphics, multiple log ins, and the abvility to join every game with split screen.

I found a mismarked copy at Best Buy for 39.99 so impulse bought it today.

My local Best Buy is inept, I swear to god. This is the 3rd new release I have gotten from them that was mismarked. The others were Twisted Metal 3 and White Knight Chronicles 2. I only seem to get PS3 games, but it's seriously awesome when it happens. It fucking pays to look over the games every so often!

They have honored my purchase every time with no fuss. Totally cool! This time, someone went back and remarked all the left over copies.

I'll either play it tonight or it will languish in the backlog for eternity along with Twisted Metal and White Knight Chronicles 2, haha!

Hate dealing with changing out discs...call it lazy or whatever you want but I tend to switch between a few games at a time, as well as movies and switching every time i get the urge to play something for 30 minutes or so gets a little annoying.

All games should just be available digitally so you can just sit down, press a button and play.

At least the MP component and especially if they are going to lock that feature behind an online-pass. Hopefully next gen brings hdd installs for MP components as standard. I have given up on playing many games because I was only interested in playing an MP match here or there and couldn't be bothered to keep switching out discs.

Setre

Well I caved and bought a physical copy but now I have two problems.

Fixed the screen issue. Still no sound. I'm using an optical out to my MixAMP if anyone knows what I should do.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Well I caved and bought a physical copy but now I have two problems.

Fixed the screen issue. Still no sound. I'm using an optical out to my MixAMP if anyone knows what I should do.

Chances are your amp doesn't support whatever sound it's receiving. Check your XMB audio settings.

I am going to get it. I have an unopened copy of Twisted Metal and I will take to to Walmart to exchange it for store credit and from there get Starhawk......BOOM!!!!!! Genius.

God damn this game is fun. Jumped into a game, nearly everyone had mics and the guy leading the way into CTF had the voice of Kenny Powers.

First game drops as loading, 2nd game freezes ps3. Ahhh joy.

Has to be your connection, I've been on and off all day without a single hick up.

what is the best bluetooth headset for ps3 they sell on amazon? i need to get one!

I'd recommend sticking with name brand on Bluetooth pieces. Couple years ago I used the official SONY piece, it's $50. The new model, 2.0, is suppose to be a lot better. I use a Turtle Beach headset.

Afrikan

what is the best bluetooth headset for ps3 they sell on amazon? i need to get one!

what happened to yours that came with Warhawk hmmmm? not a true fan eh?

but seriously though, didn't Sony release some 7.1 Headphones that were on sale for like $60 recently.

edit- here are some that are used for like 60...or "like new" for $69

regular price is $99...but they have been on sale before for 60 something.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0053OLY9O/?tag=neogaf0e-20

edit #2- or if you want to live the good life.....for $500 you can get these

MDR-DS7500__25306_zoom.jpg

Daft_Cat

Pretty disappointed with my first game.

Team sucked, none of them had their bearings, and the map felt kind of empty (I don't think there were 32 in the game).

Also, feels kind of like the Hawks are underpowered and not as central as they were in Warhawk, but that might just be me adjusting to the learning curve.

Maps I've been on don't feel as vast and varied as I hoped, either.

Mechanically-speaking, it's great. Let's just hope the online experience isn't going to be hampered by a bunch of aimless players.

Seventy5

Has to be your connection, I've been on and off all day without a single hick up.

I'd recommend sticking with name brand on Bluetooth pieces. Couple years ago I used the official SONY piece, it's $50. The new model, 2.0, is suppose to be a lot better. I use a Turtle Beach headset.
The 2.0 model is sexy, IF you don't wear glasses. I do, and I couldn't get it to stay on my ear no matter what I tried. Ended up returning it and getting some Mad Catz headset which actually stays on. The original PS3 Bluetooth is great though if you have glasses.

Jas

I love Zones but the games are really fast.

Jumping on a sidewinder and going to cap a base is essential.

rbanke

So happy it's finally here. Warhawk has been one of my favorite games ever. The differences i saw in the beta were slightly off-putting, but i still had a lot of fun and it felt mostly like Warhawk.

I don't typically complain about patches and such but this is a funny one. Limited Edition game startup process:

Redeem online pass
download & install online pass
Redeem LE code
download all
install the 4 or 5 seperate items that downloaded
boot game & get warning of 4.11 patch
install patch
boot game & get game update prompt
install game update
Menu (YAY)

if anyone wants a Starhawk buddy, my psn is rbanke

Arxisz

So happy it's finally here. Warhawk has been one of my favorite games ever. The differences i saw in the beta were slightly off-putting, but i still had a lot of fun and it felt mostly like Warhawk.

I don't typically complain about patches and such but this is a funny one. Limited Edition game startup process:

Redeem online pass
download & install online pass
Redeem LE code
download all
install the 4 or 5 seperate items that downloaded
boot game & get warning of 4.11 patch
install patch
boot game & get game update prompt
install game update
Menu (YAY)

if anyone wants a Starhawk buddy, my psn is rbanke

Err... damn lol.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Loving the game, but damn I'm getting raped online. Should have played the beta more than once.

Loving the game, but damn I'm getting raped online. Should have played the beta more than once.

i'll protect you brother!

actually no i will be raped too. only played single player a bit to get acquainted. i'll be on in a short bit for some MP but i don't understand all the objectives of the various MP modes yet

Fucking amazing game. Played one match of zones and it was a blast.

How do you capture zones though? I never caught on.

Played co-op with a pal and we got raped sideways. Damn man.

I have literally NO experience with Warhawk or Starhawk, but I like games that encourage teamwork and have lots of action.

Will I like this?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
i'll protect you brother!

actually no i will be raped too. only played single player a bit to get acquainted. i'll be on in a short bit for some MP but i don't understand all the objectives of the various MP modes yet

Single player I was having no issues with, step online and I was killed like 20 times... got one kill lol

Doesn't help not having a mic.

I'm basically only good at building in team match mode lol

Also driving on the Sidewinder in this game is sweet.

Seventy5

Main Characters Voice = Cyborg from Teen Titans voice.

Awesome.
Grayson Hunt from Bulletstorm also plays a character. I love that dude, and I hope he yells that he's going to kill somebody's dick at some point.

Edit: Can anyone tell me what the hell the A.R.M.s do? There doesn't seem to be a place that has info on all the different structures.

Top Bottom