• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starhawk |OT| Not Quite Warhawk, Yet Not Quite Like Anything Else

Played a couple levels of SP last night. Good stuff. Played a round of MP and was a blast, but then it was like the servers went down and "could not connect..."

Are there dogfight exclusive matches? I loved those in Warhawk. Gave me an experience fairly close to Crimson Skies.

ironcreed

Banned
I love the look of this game. The vivid colors, the planet backdrops, etc. I need something with a nice sci fi vibe to balance out all the fantasy I routinely consume. This will more than fit the bill.

KalBalboa

Banned
I love the look of this game. The vivid colors, the planet backdrops, etc. I need something with a nice sci fi vibe to balance out all the fantasy I routinely consume. This will more than fit the bill.

I'm digging the customizable costumes online, myself. The flannel shirts and Jeans look is a particularly neat and rare aesthetic for science fiction and shooters.

ironcreed

Banned
I'm digging the customizable costumes online, myself. The flannel shirts and Jeans look is a particularly neat and rare aesthetic for science fiction and shooters.

Cool, looking forward to checking it all out. My copy should arrive in a couple of days.

KalBalboa

Banned
Anyone test out the party system yet?

I had a three-man party consisting of two local players and one online for cooperative games last night.

You can access your friends list from the game without even going to the xmb, send invites, see what mode people are playing from etc.

Initially, I had to be in a MP room to start a party, but then I realized I could launch a home world and just invite friends there first. It's a great way to gear up and organize at the start of a night of multiplayer.

Oh shit I may have to buy this game now. Gamestop, right? That's the Limited Edition and is the same price as the standard version?

Claude

Catalina's bitch
This game:

2TbBB.gif

GodofWine

F it...I'm geting it on way home....psn: TheGodOfWine....I'm an official warhawk vet looking to drive tanks over the bodies of the dead.

F it...I'm geting it on way home....psn: TheGodOfWine....I'm an official warhawk vet looking to drive tanks over the bodies of the dead.

I remember having some fucking amazing capture the flag matches in Warhawk. The case back to your home base was always intense. I remember getting shot at left and right by hawks will driving back to the base with the flag carrier in the passenger seat.

NeoGAF Clan created

Send a PSN message to me, Jrod87, for an invite. In the body of the message please give me your NeoGAF ID too so we can keep lurkers away.

Clan: NeoGAF
Tag: GAF

Trevelyan

Banned
NeoGAF Clan created

Send a PSN message to me, Jrod87, for an invite. In the body of the message please give me your NeoGAF ID too so we can keep lurkers away.

Awesome, thanks man. Will shoot you a message tonight. Can't wait to play. Also, is it just me, or is the Co-op(Prospector) mode really fucking hard with only 2 people? My brother-in-law and I were getting steamrolled by the 3rd round, haha.

Jas

NeoGAF Clan created

Just sent you one :)
Hope to see some of you on later!

LEGGZZZZ said:
Well, gaf has convinced me. I'm buying on my way home from work now.

nice!

DireStr8s

NeoGAF Clan created

Cool, message sent. PSN: DireStr8s
It would be sweet to get some games going tonight.

Anyone found a way to set up dogfights with bots?

KalBalboa

Banned
If players can be in more than one clan, count me in. I'm already in a small clan with my college friends, but that's basically for laughs (Team Rock 'N Roll USA).

PSN: FoomMan

Thrakier

The beta was solid, tech and framerate killd it. It felt like walking in mud, somewhat unresponsive and flying was impossible to me because it felt so laggy. There was quite a amount of stuttering as well.

Now, I'd need a opinion on that from a real techhead whom I may trust (preferable Darkx10)...is this issue fixed? Beacuse it wasn't in the latest beta version a few weeks ago...

No one?

jtrov

I am really glad I went ahead and bought this game yesterday. I was a very big fan of Warhawk and to this day it's probably my most played online game this gen. However, the overall response for Starhawk, especially the beta, just didn't seem positive. Which left me unsure if I should get Starhawk or not.

Really glad I made the purchase, because the mutliplayer in Starhawk is incredible. In my opinion it still has that Warzone vibe that Warhawk pulled off so perfectly. I'm also really enjoying the RTS part of the multiplayer, however I wish the game would reward you though for smart placement and base advancements. It's just a lot of fun advancing your team and building defenses for your bases. Really love how it's up to the players to expand their bases and create vantage points during the battle. It's a lot of fun arriving to a base for an all out assault or preparing defenses for an attackers rush. Every game is so unique because of this and it's awesome seeing how various teams adapt and respond.

Altogether I'm enjoying all the additions in Starhawk and I can see it consuming many hours of my life, much like Warhawk did years ago. Hoping to join the GAF clan, so I'll be sending a PSN message when I get home. Can't wait to shoot stuff with a team, as playing with randoms can become frustrating at times.

Top Bottom