• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

Chicken nuggets for dinner.

tumblr_m1hc48V2yb1qhy4dgo1_1332744398_cover.jpg

Ludens

Banned
So, near the name of a friend on my Steam friend list, it appears a (1).
Some moments before it was a (2).
What does that mean?
I told him and he didn't change his nick. OH, the (1) was grey, so it wasn't part of the name.
IE I see his name like this JaseC(1)
EDIT: After a reboot it disappeared.
If this can help, I'm using Idlemaster at the moment and I was playing Dragon's Dogma at the same time.

Knurek

Random GameFAQs poster said:
For all we know, XSeed might surprise us. With the Cold Steel arc containing quite a few references to 3rd, they have an additional incentive to consider that game. For all we know, the fact that Spacedrake changed his avatar from Joshua to Kevin after SC's release might be a hint they're plugging away at it in secret already. It took them some time to announce SC after all and this time, they'll probably be even more inclined to keep it under wraps until they have a rough estimation of when it'll be finished.

Some people are really grasping at straws...

Ban Puncher

What does that mean?
I told him and he didn't change his nick.
IE I see his name like this JaseC(1)

Your friend watched a VHS tape six days ago.

Maniac

Banned
Fuck that's a lot of mods

I'm definitely getting banned sooner rather than later now

But it's cool. I don't like you nerds anyway

Maniac

Banned
i kinda wish they went the opposite direction and just doubled down on the multiplayer and just made the damn thing cheaper

like overwatch price
Even at full price they couldn't manage to produce a multiplayer game with enough content and replayability for it to be even remotely sustainable. Although to be fair, the entire business model of map-packs and the likes tend to hurt any chance of long-term communities more so than anything; especially in a game that was incredibly lacklustre on the content-side of thigns at launch.

Ozium

illuminati confirmed

cͣͫ͆͆͐̾́ͨ̋ͫ̂̃҉͖̣̦̠̘̲͖̮̘̣͚͎̦̗o̶̡̡͕͓͓͔̜̗̯͖̱̗̦̠̤ͬ͛ͯ̋͊̓͐͝n̵̵͖͓̘̖͇̼̹̼ͧ͒̀̒͑ͦ̀͡͞s̓͑̌̿̑͌ͮ҉̸̷̰͍̝̗͚͉̣̟̳̜̪̼͉̖̦͈̀ͅu̅̍͒̓͊̋͗͏҉̦̳͖̖̠͈m̵͇̺͕̞̜͖̱͍̹̩̙̼̗̻̃ͯ̐ͯ̕͠ê̵̦̮̻͓̤̗̝̤͙̺̞̟͕͖ͣ̓̑ͤ̎͊̇͂̂͊̕ͅ ̲͉̥͈̥͎̱̰̥̯̮̹̘̙̗̥̰̆̇̂̄ͦ͒͛́́́̚ͅͅt̸͐̍̌͊͏͉̞̤̼̞̳͖̦̘͕̘̼̜o̴̷̰̥̩̖̝̺̩̽͊ͨͦ̑͒ͧ̎̋̈́̆ͨ̐ͦ͌ͮ͜͞͞ ̵̵͈͉̣̱̲̞̩̱̖̬̟͊ͧͩͩ̉̋̿ͯͮ̆͆̏e̯̱̘̱̦̖̟̳̱̜̖͓̮̥̟̖͕̩̓̓̒̒͂̌͊̑ͨ̅̆̽̀̐ͮ̌̆̒̒̕͟͜͟ͅx͉͕̱̯̤̰̩̜̩̲̅ͪ̋̍̏͒̿̂ͧ͌̎͗ͫͯ̀͡ͅi̵͇͙̗̯͔̲̖ͥͧͥ́ͣͯ̇́͋̓̃̾͂ͭ̉̾̑ͩ͒́͟͡͡s̶̮̺͓̗̹̪̞̖̰̩̐̍̒̿̕t͖̫̣͚̝̺̖̪͓͈̝ͯͮ̈̂͟͞,̎̿͌̓̆̐̐ͥ́͏̧̗͙̹̦͓͕͔̻̙̞̬̻̺̗̠̼̰̀ ̨̂̏̔ͧ̈̀̇̄͒̅ͩͨͭ͂ͮ̔̎̓͢͏͎͈͙̮̲͙̖̙̟͚̰̳̱ȩ̖̠̱͍̱̱͎̮̞̩͙̜̬̎̓̓ͯ̽̈̓ͭ̉̀͜͡ͅͅx̵͒ͬ͆̎͏̳̗̗̙͔̹̞͍̩͍̞̥͍̬͔́͘͘ͅi̴̡̲̫̦̠̟͉̳̮̲̜̮̥̩̟̜̣̲̓ͧ̑̀̿̄̋͐́̌̏̓̅ͯͤ͋̒͢s̢̜̼͚͍̤̦̳̖̟̤̐̾̿̈́̓̔̇̀̐̑̿̔́́t̗̻̹̼͕ͯ̈̌̑̀̍͌ͤͨ̍ͥ̀̋̇͆͊̀́̕ ̃̍͐̎ͭͯ̐̓͂ͧͮ͂̎̽͑͟҉̷̲͔͎͜tͭ̈́̓ͮͤ̊̍̓̂ͧ̿̎͊̅̂͐ͪͬ̍͘҉̢̹͙̣̩̘̫͇͈̺̟͖̳̣̭̮ͅͅo̶̴̶͔̟̬̭͈͈͓̯̤͇̲͎͖̹͂ͦ̀ͮ̀̂̓ͮ̓ͥͭ̈̚͘͡ ̩̮̩͔͎͚͍̰̤̰͖̠̰͔̰̻̙̠̄̌̽̀͠͞s͎͕̦̥̳͍̖̣̼̘̻̞ͩͥ̑̃͒̉ͫ̌͌ͫ̀̂̍̾̅͛͂̋͢ͅͅe͊ͥ͒̿ͣ̔͘͏̨̨̭̰̳͈̪̩͓̙͇͔͍̱̼̼̣̺͙̝̣r̡̢͗ͪ͛͋͒̆̑ͥ̆ͮ͊̎ͮ̽̽҉̷͚̩͓̹̤̱͍̩͓̠͉͠v̴̸̵̧͍̻̙͖͒ͦ͌̓͌͞e̴̯̲͎͇͉̫͉̦̪̱̼̹̹͇͓̓̒͛̈ͨͦ̏̄̐ͫ̑̏̔̎̓͝

zkylon

zkylewd
man i'm 10 hours already on xcom 2, holy shit

game's super fun, it's kind of the quintessential sequel, xcom 1 was a great reinvention of the original with really smart streamlining while keeping a lot of what made original xcom great, but it was just lacking on stuff. xcom 2 has A LOT more stuff, it's like they buffed the scope of every single system, so now you don't just upgrade the weapons, you get individual upgrades for individual weapons that you can craft or loot from corpses. there's not two or three mission types, there's ten.

there's just so much, it's so great!

but yeah, the performance is honestly pretty bad and, much like xcom 1, its systems sometimes screw you over and you get shot through walls more often than i'd like

the difficulty is also really tight, i like it a lot. i've already failed missions and had missions go catastrophically bad and this avatar project is always looming over me while the seele dudes don't seem like they like me so much haha

soooooooooo good

Even at full price they couldn't manage to produce a multiplayer game with enough content and replayability for it to be even remotely sustainable. Although to be fair, the entire business model of map-packs and the likes tend to hurt any chance of long-term communities more so than anything; especially in a game that was incredibly lacklustre on the content-side of thigns at launch.
yeah but the gameplay was SOOOOOOOO good man

i just want more of it in a format that makes it last

Tizoc

Fuck that's a lot of mods

I'm definitely getting banned sooner rather than later now

But it's cool. I don't like you nerds anyway

Hah I did a triple post in the Steam Lunar sales thread before you did!

Besides don't worry about getting banned, you actually make worthwhile posts.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What does that mean?

It means there are multiple people in your list with the same name. (1), (2), etc. are appended automatically.

12bucklemyshoe3vurm.jpg

Dr Dogg

I was asked if I wanted to be a mod. I asked if I could proceed to ban everyone except Doogie and I was told no.

I asked if I could put a picture of a giant spider in every one of my posts and I was told no.

I finally asked if I could at least ban anime from steamgaf and I was told no.

So I passed. Apparently mods cant do anything fun.

How would that work? Just me and you posting into the void? What would happen if one of us started posting anime in a cabin fever like daze? Would they be for the chopping block too?

If true I can't believe they capitulated. There goes 75% of the budget down the drain. Is TitanFall 2 an EA thing? I remember reading a rumour a while back something like.

The curated marketplace that Jim fucking Sterling wants.

I wish somebody would curate YouTube. at least the bloody comments section. Jim Sterling might not make the cut thought.

Uzzy

Satellite Reign worth buying?

Yeah, it's great. It's got a wonderful cyberpunk atmosphere, with neon and rain soaked streets, filled with a diverse mish-mash of cultures that just feed into a sense of alienation with the City. The combat offers a lot of flexibility, and you can approach missions in a lot of different ways.

I wish somebody would curate YouTube. at least the bloody comments section. Jim Sterling might not make the cut thought.

Only literal psychopaths could withstand the stress of curating YouTube comments. Speaking of, if I don't buy any video games over the next few months, this is why.

Dr Dogg

EA distribute it but Infinity Ward owns the Titanfall IP outright.

I know that silly what my inquiry is about, seeing as it was an EA Partners dealio, was the deal for 1 game, multiple games, another game based on performance of the first, does anyone outside of EA & Respawn even know? End of the day no matter how well received TitanFall was it's not Battlefield, in the sense that it's going to take a miracle to flourish tied to Origin on PC.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I know that silly what my inquiry is about, seeing as it was an EA Partners dealio, was the deal for 1 game, multiple games, another game based on performance of the first, does anyone outside of EA & Respawn even know? End of the day no matter how well received TitanFall was it's not Battlefield, in the sense that it's going to take a miracle to flourish tied to Origin on PC.

My guess would be that EA has right of first refusal. And speaking of EA Partners stuff, Crysis turns 10 next year, so I wonder how much time is remaining on EA's publishing contract.

Uzzy

Seeing 'science meets magic' for Titanfall, along with them wanting to tell a colonial era story aping the American Revolution/Civil War era has me a little amused. Are they going to copy and paste Avatar's storyline? They're hardly going to be very subtle or interesting in their storytelling.

Ban Puncher

Why the fuck did I saw Infinity Ward?

Respawn.

You can bet your buns it's not going to be Xbone exclusive again.

Dr Dogg

I took 'Science meets magic' as a Destiny clone. Get ready for that kids!

Only literal psychopaths could withstand the stress of curating YouTube comments. Speaking of, if I don't buy any video games over the next few months, this is why.

Orrrrrr here's a really easy way.

Open your hosts file in a text editor with admin privileges.
Add 0.0.0.0 youtube.com.
File, save, enjoy.

Granted that's a bit of a scorched earth policy but so far has worked great for me with Polygon. Never again will I be baffled by pie charts.

My guess would be that EA has right of first refusal. And speaking of EA Partners stuff, Crysis turns 10 next year, so I wonder how much time is remaining on EA's publishing contract.

That probably makes sense. Actually I wonder how many SecuROM activations I have left? I've still got a retail copy kicking about but even to this day I still pop Crisis on when tinkering with a new PC. Then again thanks to the 'unique way' EA allows you to add Crisis CD keys to Origin (ie you have to endure their support for a couple of hours until they give in) I've essentially got 3 copies of it now.

Ludens

Banned
Started DD, took Milena's pawn and another one, they one shot pretty much everything, if an enemy touches me, I'm dead.

derExperte

Did anyone post that N++ is in development for PC? Because that's cool. But why did I have to go to a German console forum which I kinda hate to find this news which was posted on GAF to begin with? SteamGAF is slipping, what a shame.

The good news: we've found a new programmer, and they've been working on porting N++ to Steam for the past month or so. There are still a few more months of work -- we want to add all of the planned post-launch-update stuff that got put on hold when our team imploded -- but we will definitely be bringing N++ to Steam. We're still looking at other platforms too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom