• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyson1

jesus this month is nuts

got an email a couple days ago about the Hong Kong expansion being released and didn't even know that was coming up

that's like....a half dozen things i'm interested in in one month now

derExperte

I hope they can find some success on PC.

I also hope it's not priced at a million dollars.

19,99€ on PSN so that'll probably be it. And no matter what the price the Steam forum will be hell because 'BUT N WAS FREE 10 YEARS AGO' and the age of superhard simple platformers has come to an end but I'll be there day 1 if the release date isn't too swamped (PS4 tempted me a few times but they never ruled out a port so I waited and then forgot).

The rest of us have jobs too hahaha.
idontbeleiveyou

Seriously, how can you mods find that much time to read through the hundreds and hundreds of posts all day.
Trails SC & FC Ending Spoilers!!
What I liked about the
Trails
FC ending was that the villains ambition wasn't something you see in every second JRPG. SC however
is
pretty much JRPG 101: Super villain wants to change the whole world, fuses with a magical artifact to transform into a
great
god-like being before I kill him. I've just
play
ed some variation of that too many times and have grown quite bored with
it
, so that was a little dissappointing. Also, the fact that you had to go back to your base everytime to change party members to see the proper ending to the pre-boss-fights felt too annoying to me at this point of the game, where you were supposed to rush to stop Weissmann. So I just kept my normal party and looked up the real ending to those fights on youtube.
Was about to say "Why not spoiler everything?" then it dawned on me, haha. That's clever.
2013 was a dark year for steamgaf, it's probably for the best that the images don't load.
Depends which team you are. RL or BI ?
I've played more of The Bureau XCOM Declassified. I'm having lot of fun with it. Like I read up on here it plays very similarly to Mass Effect but in a XCOM universe. It's a squad based third person shooter with cooldown abilities.
[...]
That was great, thanks! It's on my backlog and this makes me want to play it right away :)
I was asked if I wanted to be a mod. I asked if I could proceed to ban everyone except Doogie and I was told no.

blah blah blah
What about me? We no bros no mo.
Another great poster and solid citizen was elevated to a mod position today, too:

More_Badass often posts here on SteamGAF, and those of you who frequent the indie and iOS threads in particular will know him well. More good news, I say.
More_Badass is a cool dude, too. Great new mod lineup this time.
My invitation to join the mods hasn't appeared, please send again Stump.

Also, this muscle relaxer I'm taking knocks me out. Dayum.
Oh yes, I know those. Gladly not anymore. A bit too "relaxing" for my taste ;)

Nice to see new moderators there.

OT: I wish there was an easier way to collect shells on Castaway Paradise, I can wait for it spawn un the beach or I can dig random holes but it get tedious after some time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
idontbeleiveyou

Seriously, how can you mods find that much time to read through the hundreds and hundreds of posts all day.

Mods/admins aren't actually obligated to moderate the forum, but some have stepped down over the years because they felt that their position would be better filled by somebody who does have the time to do so, such as EatChildren.

I liked what I played of Declassified but I'm not sure if I'll get back to it.
Maybe if the industry decides to stop releasing games for a few years so I can catch up.

fantomena

Okay, does anyone got any info or rumors about:

Dragon's Crown coming to PC (yes, kinda wanna get rid of my Vita, but I need a few games ported over to PC first)?

Has Atlus gotten their shit together when it comes to Persona and Steam? (part of my "get rid of Vita" plan)

Danganronpa price?

More Pascal info?

Ive been very "gone" from PC gaming news the past few weeks.

JaseC

Dragon's Crown coming to PC (yes, kinda wanna get rid of my Vita, but I need a few games ported over to PC first?

Has Atlus gotten their shit together when it comes to Persona and Steam? (part of my "get rid of Vita" plan)

Danganronpa price?

More Pascal info?

Pascal isn't as far along as some sites said it was. It's still another five months away at the very least.

Doesn't look like I'll be getting Dark Souls 3 on release, there's no way I'm finishing Bloodborne until then.
Might end up waiting for the Prepare to die/Sotfs equivalent edition.

brau

Xcom2 really tests my patience at times.

But its a lot of fun.

The game really needs to be optimized better tho.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

Dragon's Crown coming to PC (yes, kinda wanna get rid of my Vita, but I need a few games ported over to PC first)?

Danganronpa price?

More Pascal info?

Danganronpa will be sold at $30 with a 20% discount.

Mods/admins aren't actually obligated to moderate the forum, but some have stepped down over the years because they felt that their position would be better filled by somebody who does have the time to do so, such as EatChildren.
Uh-huh. That is surprising me. So it's a "if you feel like it/have time/happen to see stupid, do mod"-deal.

Btw, sorry it wasn't your time yet. Don't stop believing! :)

JaseC

Uh-huh. That is surprising me. So it's a "if you feel like it/have time/happen to see stupid, do mod"-deal.

Pretty much. It's a "promotion" in the sense that you have elevated status, but not insofar that you're taking on more responsibility.

Btw, sorry it wasn't your time yet. Don't stop believing! :)

Thanks. If it happens, it happens; if it doesn't, it doesn't.

Sch1sm

Dark Echo is

Dark Echo is a nice little game, it's both a puzzle game and a stealth game (kind of?) and has a really nice sound design.. It's a nice game to play in short bursts.. basically you walk around and your footsteps create sound waves that bounce around walls so you know where to go, but then they add enemies and that is where the puzzle/stealth elements come in..

You should buy it if you can afford it

it's on sale

You had me at puzzle/stealth.

It's CDN$0.55. Pls. Okay. I'll bite. This and Unium.

Tizoc

But Overwatch is $60?

IMHO I see Overwatch as I see fighting games; they release for $60 with each character having their own unique triats, and the same goes for overwatch.
I personally am not willing to invest time and money into it and I worry this Shooter MOBA scene will implode on itself >_>;

uhhh guys is my hard drive dying? things were working well, I went to get some food and I came back to a slow as hell PC. restarting took forever and my disk is showing 99% usage. trying to do anything on the computer is painfully slow. it just constantly locks up.

help? :( was just browsing gaf as usual.
Sorry to hear man :( Does it make clicking sounds?

To make sure it's your HDD try following. Of course if you have a spare HDD laying around (or an old external HDD for disassembly) you could connect that, install Windows there and see if it stays the same.
When my optical drive became defect, my PC wouldn't boot into Windows and even posting took a long time similar to you. If you feel OK with tinkering, open up your PC and remove the SATA cable from your HDD (narrow cable).

Go ahead and download the Ubuntu ISO file here. Doesn't matter which version really. Now, go read this guide and make a bootable Ubuntu USB.
Now plug that USB in your PC and restart. While your PC is booting up, press F12/DEL/whatever your mobo needs to get into boot options. Select USB as a first boot option. Restart again and you should be greeted with Ubuntu.
Now you can use Ubuntu from USB without having to install to your HDD. Try it out if the PC is still performing very slow to be sure whether your HDD is the cause.
Sometimes when my Windows gets totally broken, I use this bootable Ubuntu USB to back up my HDD. Maybe it will help you in that way too.

Good luck!

Endruen

Dark Echo is

Dark Echo is a nice little game, it's both a puzzle game and a stealth game (kind of?) and has a really nice sound design.. It's a nice game to play in short bursts.. basically you walk around and your footsteps create sound waves that bounce around walls so you know where to go, but then they add enemies and that is where the puzzle/stealth elements come in..

You should buy it if you can afford it

it's on sale
I got it for free as the free app of the week in the AppStore. It's a very nice game and quite original.

Volimar

Holy hell, the advent mech destroyed the ladder and the only other one was on the other side of the building. Most of my squad didn't make the extraction point in time.

>.>

<.<

reload

NOOOOO my save scumming shame is at the top of the page! WHY WHY WHHYYYYYYY!!!!

Holy hell, the advent mech destroyed the ladder and the only other one was on the other side of the building. Most of my squad didn't make the extraction point in time.

>.>

<.<

reload

NOOOOO my save scumming shame is at the top of the page! WHY WHY WHHYYYYYYY!!!!
Quoted for shame

I've only ever seen the Origins edition which is $60. If there is a $40 version they are hiding it really well.

http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/buy/

It has the Origins Edition selected by default but the vanilla version is shown just to the left of it.

Is it not possible to pause Contradiction or am I missing something?

I didn't see a way to pause when I played, but it is easy to rewatched any of the videos at least.

Volimar

Quoted for shame

tumblr_mx35yxQPuv1sx7tnko3_500.gif

I dont have a desk right now so every game I play has to be with a controller.

My god playing BLOPS(3) is so hard with a controller (because 100% of the people you are playing against are using mouse and keyboard)

I get first place around everyother game but it is just so stressful as all these guys can jump and boost around the map while I have to aim at them with a joystick :(

/rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom